1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does God exist?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by scylla, May 13, 2009.

1. scylla

scylla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Of course we can :)

scylla, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  2. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

It seems like these atheists rely on the "bulk of posts" theory which make no common sense to eventually tire us from typing. In the end they cannot even answer one basic question.

The particle or particles that started it all. Where did it all come from, did it magically apear. I have asked this question about 20 times and none of the commonsensless atheists here have an answer. They seem to bunch up like groupies as if trying to bail each other out from a question they have no answer to.

I guess god made everyone for a purpose:rolleyes:
    I think:confused:

pingpong123, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  3. scylla

scylla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What made "everyone" is something called mating... I won't get into any more details than that, and how we came into existance is from evolving from single celled organisms. and if you want to go into detail about how that evolution took place over several billion years ask the history channel :)

scylla, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  4. pingpong123

Best Answers:
    What I am talking about is where did this all start. This goes beyond our current universe. What force created the original energy and matter that came into existence to create everything.

pingpong123, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  5. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Do you not agree that there are thousands of ideas that need invalidating before we conclude that "magic man in the sky done it" becomes the most likely explanation?

stOx, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  6. pingpong123

Best Answers:
    Stox dont you also agree that there are a million more ideas that need invalidating before we conclude " That your magical atheistic universe just popped up out of no where" . For you to judge a person of faith also means that you have to look inward and see how rediculous and full of holes your own beliefs are". Like I said, even my 12 year old nephew understands that the universe just didnt pop up out of no where.
    People that live in glass houses shouldnt throw stone, especially when they are trying to throw boulders that are popping up out of no where.
    My guess is that your probably getting the same kind of responses from your fellow atheists, and since I have quite a few friends that are atheists, they seem alot more magical and alot less hatefull then you.

pingpong123, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  7. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Make your mind up pong, are you arguing against evolution or big bang theory? or don't you know the difference? Make no mistake, ill make you look foolish whichever you chose, but lets keep your intellectual ass kicking on one subject and not turn it in to, as you invariably like to try to, a pile a shit with no merit or meaning. there's a good lad. Or is your only option to eat the cards and pretend you have won?

I asked you a question, now try to muster the intellectual courage to answer it or refrain from addressing me.

stOx, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  8. pingpong123

Best Answers:
    Stox one question? Thats all im trying to get answered. NO BS, none of your dribble.

Do you believe that the original material or object or whatever it is that made all of this possible just was there? YES OR NO
    the more you evade my question the more people will see through your hateful atheistic-hatred propaganda.

Simple question YES OR NO, if yes or if no then you can explain in your second response to me.

Just turn on the light bulb and type the word YES OR NO.
    Dont know if I can make it any more simple for you to understand:)

PS and for the record I have never argued against evolution but since you cannot even answer simple questions you could never tell this from every single one of my posts. I believe in evolution as it gives even more credence to gods beautiful and orderly world.:)

I just want EVERYONE to see how you evade the question yet again, watch this folks:)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
    pingpong123, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  9. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you mean you have been beaten into accepting evolution, i win again.

As for your question, as ill thought out, poorly worded and infantile as it is, no i don't think it was "just there". Like i have always said, it was formed by a natural process which we don't currently fully understand but which there are a number of possible explanations, magic man in the sky being the most infantile, unsupported and laughable one.

now ask me the same question again after pretending you didn't get an answer.

eat them cards pong!

stOx, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  10. pingpong123

Best Answers:

Stox I have always believed in intelligent design , are you nuts? As I have been posting from the first time I joined DP. Are you really lacking that much or do you just pretend? If you have a hard time reading english then maybe We can both go through my posts together. God bless you stox

Ok you believe that it was a natural process that created it all. Ok you dont have any proof at all right?

NO, so your going on faith.

Ok your wrong there so the next question is

How was this natural process created that made all of this possible?
    Im trying to mentally take you back to the beginning of everythinggggggg.
    Did natural processes just appear magically?

Now lets see if you can answer a question in progression. I will consider this a great step forward for you stox:D
    Big hug for you my fellow dude of faith

11. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's logical to assume it was a natural process because everything else is a natural process. Why would this be any different? To insinuate that this is in any way comparable to stating, as fact, that "magic man done it" is frankly absurd.

But again, id like to thank you for trying to criticise my position by comparing it to yours. it shows how ridiculous even you think this magic man crap is. it's actually funny that you thought that saying "haha your position is as silly as mine" was in any way a smart thing to do.

stOx, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  12. pingpong123

Best Answers:
    Im sorry but everything isnt a natural process. Its an orderly process. Its only natural to you. You have no facts to back your assumption. Everything I have seen is about order. All of the laws of nature :the laws of inertia, gravity, energy, mass, etc. had to have a beginning and you even know this. If they have a beginning they had to have been created.
    Like I said, your critisizing people of faith makes you a hypocrite.

Im saying there is much more indirect proof for the existence of god then there is for "not the existence of god", but in your childish world you keep thinking that we believe that god is a magical old man in the sky.

Stox who created the natural law. Watch folks as he will say that the natural law was always naturally there:D:rolleyes:

Stox repeat after me, everything has a beginning, everything has a creation, everything has order
    God bless you stox, my fellow man of faith

13. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Like I say, there are a few ideas supported by evidence that explain why things are the way they are, so your god of the gaps isn't required just yet thanks.

See this is the difference between thinkers and creationists. Thinkers look at the evidence and form a conclusion, creationists form the conclusion then seek to find evidence, or in this case a gap in our current understanding, and claim the magic man must have done it.

By the way, I take it the last bit in your post doesn't apply to your god? Didn't think so.

stOx, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  14. clade

clade Peon

Best Answers:
    "God" doesn't answer your question either, it only makes it worse. Who created god? See?

If it's improbable for such a complex universe to have existed without a creator, it's more improbable for the creator of THAT creator to exist.

The correct answer would be, We don't know.

clade, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  15. clade

clade Peon

Best Answers:
    How do you explain Black Holes then? The laws are different inside an even horizon.

Is this proof that God does not exist? :p

You resulted to blind faith in a fairytale because you failed to understand something, I rather we discover more.

You are also asking the wrong question? Why WHO? Why assume that it has to be somebody?

Why not some THING? Why not a WHAT question?

clade, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  16. clade

clade Peon

Best Answers:
    Please define indirect proof?

Is it something like, I believe that Unicorns are the real God and The Universe is proof that Unicorns exist?

Come on!

clade, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  17. clade

clade Peon

Best Answers:
    According to Lord of the Rings, Frodo was entrusted in the Shire.

I don't know what you think you've proved by quoting an ancient mythology.

clade, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  18. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Since the world is so fu*ked up with aids, famine, war,.... does this mean the intelligent designer wasn't so intelligent and made a lousy design? Is your God a fu*k up? :rolleyes:

gworld, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  19. pingpong123

Best Answers:
    Indirect proof are the beauty and order of the natural laws of the universe. This world could have been one big chaotic clump of mass and energy but the beauty of it has changed the minds of even some of the worlds top physicists such as Michio Kaku here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi6yPJvCFU0 talks about the god of order, harmony, beauty, simplicity and elegance as Dr. Kaku put it. STOXXX , can you and Gworld believe this, A physicist talking about god. After the whole year we have had debating all of this Dr Kaku understood what I meant by ORDER. This is a very easy word to spell. In the video he even talks about the fact that the universe didnt have to be so orderly and beautiful. It could have been chaotic like the thought processes of some of the more extremist atheists that spread falsities and lies of people of faith . He also talks about the many different theories that have orderly formulas to them. See not all atheists will say that there is no such thing as god. They are as close minded as some of the more extreme-narrow-minded athests. They actually can think on their own and out of the box.
    Im focused on Stox here because I see a potentially very intelligent person in him. His only problem is that he probably had a few bad experiences with some extremists theists that he needs to get over.
    Gworld is another story lol.

20. scylla

scylla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    hmm, nice little catfight brewing here between pingpong123 & stOx :)

No but seriously, remember this rule:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
    scylla, Aug 6, 2009 IP