1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does God exist?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by scylla, May 13, 2009.

1. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unless I am the devil, no.

Jackuul, May 27, 2009 IP
  2. nitreb

nitreb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Of course the devil exist, who else is there to blame for my misfortunes and shortcomings:confused:

nitreb, May 27, 2009 IP
  3. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    man. If you need to blame someone else for your problems, especially a ficticious charecter, other than the ones that do it.......

hostlonestar, May 27, 2009 IP
  4. Jackuul

Best Answers:
    I blame Sponge Bob Squarepants.

Jackuul, May 27, 2009 IP
  5. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So do I, but only for things that I cant blame George W. Bush for, which is almost everything.

Obamanation, May 28, 2009 IP
  6. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    Like doubling a debt which took a century to gather in 100 day? :D Bush is a moron. Obama is a moron. They both believe in god :eek: :D

hostlonestar, May 30, 2009 IP
  7. mubheer

mubheer Active Member

Best Answers:
    God exist....dont ask me the proof. but i believe so

mubheer, May 30, 2009 IP
  8. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats the important thing mubheer. You believe it. No one can take that away from you. And, you didn't try to offer proof of something that can not be proven at this time. You are a step above the rest and welcomed to the circle of atheists once you grow out of imaginary friends.

hostlonestar, May 30, 2009 IP
  9. Jackuul

Best Answers:
    They see me prayin'
    They hatin'

I can do these "rollin' parodies all day.

Jackuul, May 30, 2009 IP
  10. ChaosTrivia

ChaosTrivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    For me, the only evidence that god exists is exactly like the only piece of evidence that little red riding hood existed: it is written in a book.....;)

No people. God does not exist. Religion is a by-product of the path humans have taken in the course of evolution. It is the childhood's sickness of mankind. We're sick for dozens of thousands of years (different versions of the same disease).
    The healing process started about 200 years ago, will be completed in 200 years or so to my best estimate.

I recommend you to read this magnificent rude and cheeky book about religions in view of evolution.

ChaosTrivia, May 30, 2009 IP
  11. praveen2087

praveen2087 Peon

Best Answers:
    God exists. I sure do believe in God.I'd say it would be impossible to operate such a huge system without a supreme power which i believe to be God.

praveen2087, Jun 9, 2009 IP
  12. jumpboy11jaop

jumpboy11jaop Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh Boy! We have another devout believer of a Bronze age myth here at digital point, a believer in a silly covetous little god, the more modern equivalent of which would be witches and faeries.

jumpboy11jaop, Jun 9, 2009 IP
  13. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    the logic of that argument falls apart with even the slightest amount of scrutiny.

If you believe a sufficiently complex system requires an even more complex instigator then, by the logic of your own argument, that instigator must also require an even more complex instigator, and so on ad-infinitum. And if the god doesn't require a supreme power to manage it's existence, why would the universe?

Like what usually happens with the ontological argument the agent invoked violates the very law/condition/assumption that required it's invocation.

In short, if you invoke an agent to explain something that agent can not violate the laws or conditions that required it.

stOx, Jun 9, 2009 IP
  14. jumpboy11jaop

jumpboy11jaop Peon

Best Answers:
    You must lose an awfully large amount of cards playing with these chimps.

:D

jumpboy11jaop, Jun 9, 2009 IP
  15. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do! stOx has eaten a full 5 decks so far and shows no sign of abating hunger. I guess the conversations go a lot better with his co-workers at McDonalds;).

Obamanation, Jun 9, 2009 IP
  16. Polite teen

Polite teen Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, I don't know what would the previous people say about this, but I believe it has been said to the old atheists that the universe was originated by God and the universe will collapse in the day of Judgment.

we muslims have this verse of the Quran as a proof:

104. And (remember) the Day when We shall roll up the heavens like a scroll rolled up for books, as We began the first creation, We shall repeat it, (it is) a promise binding upon Us. Truly, We shall do it.

Before, Old atheists were saying: No, there is no creator for the universe, the universe is eternal, it has no begining and no end.

Now their knowledge is supposed to be improved with science, yet most of them behave ignorantly.:(

Polite teen, Jun 9, 2009 IP
  17. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes that has been said to atheists. And atheists have said; there is nothing to suggest the universe requires a creator. And if your argument is an ontological one, i.e argument from complexity, then the logic of that argument would also mean the god requires a creator, and so on, forever.

If you invoke a god to explain the complexity then, from that same logic, the complexity of the god would also require it to have been created from an even more complex agent.

stOx, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  18. Jackuul

Best Answers:
    Everything when broken down is simplicity. Complexity is only additional simple additions taken in their cumulative effect.

A living creature can be broken down into individual segments of function, and further their cells can also be taken down to their individual organelles and how it maintains homeostasis.

There's still billion year old bacteria humming along, while there's also new bacteria evolving every day using natural selection. When you crank up the scale though, you have to proportionally crank up the amount of time. A single celled organism has the advantage of not needing as much time to reproduce (less than an hour) while an elephant takes longer than 12 months (correct me if I am wrong, can't be assed to look that exact timeline up).

So what is complexity? A group of simple systems. It requires no intelligence, no grand scheme, no major cosmic epiphany. It only requires simplicity.

The snowflake never takes blame for the avalanche.

Jackuul, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  19. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Another thing is why would an all powerful god need to make things complex? If he is capable of anything why are people made up of trillions of tiny "complex" cells which are liable to malfunction when we could have been made out of something far more simpler, like play doh which has been animated by this super-daddy.

If anything the complexity is an argument against an all powerful god, not an argument for it. An all powerful god wouldn't go out of his way to make things needlessly complex.

stOx, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  20. jumpboy11jaop

jumpboy11jaop Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't question the motives of our wonderful invisible pink unicorn god.

You may accidentally discover its nonexistence, and we couldn't have that, now could we?

jumpboy11jaop, Jun 13, 2009 IP