1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does God exist?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by scylla, May 13, 2009.

1. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Can't prove it since there's none. There should be legitimate reasons and logic not just fairy tales or mystical creatures created by man.

popotalk, May 24, 2012 IP
  2. vickysharma513

vickysharma513 Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally i believe that god is everywhere but about others thinking i can't say much that what they believe or what not.

vickysharma513, Jun 3, 2012 IP
  3. scylla

scylla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Is there a god? Yes. Are there multiple fictional gods Yes. Is there one god that isn't fictitious among all of the made up ones? I doubt it.

scylla, Jun 7, 2012 IP
  4. echo_unlimited

echo_unlimited Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You do realise that Atheism is just the non-belief in god. Someone can be Christian and turn Atheist, but that won't suddenly mean they'll go on killing sprees. In the end, it is how society treats people, and whether or not people who happen to come in power who turn out to be mentally ill. I would consider most mass murderers as mentally ill, wouldn't you?

Theism = Belief in god
    Atheism = Non-belief in god

I cannot see how atheism is related to mass killings. I'm agnostic-atheist, atheism is just this:

There is no god.

It doesn't mean an atheist won't be moral, just or anything like that.

Just think about what you are implying.

As an atheist, or as someone who simply doesn't believe in god (As it seems the word atheist carries too many bad connotations), would I go around killing people? Of course I wouldn't. Is there anything stopping me. How about my morals which I've gained through growing up in a good society?

I just hate it when people group atheists together, we aren't a group, we don't attend church every Sunday. We are just normal people who don't believe in god, in the same way we could be atheistic about a unicorn floating in space. Why? Because it isn't realistic and there is no proof to back it up.

echo_unlimited, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  5. Install

Install Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I talked to God yesterday, but still no response.

Install, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  6. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not believing in a god is related to killing in the same way that not believing in Santa Claus is related to killing.
    As an atheist? Possibly. Because you're an atheist? Of course not. But because someone believed in one or another god, he may kill. Religion is a motivator, lack of it isn't.

Rukbat, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  7. echo_unlimited

echo_unlimited Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Perhaps you didn't see the person's post who I was quoting. I wasn't replying to you or anyone else. I also agree that thinking is absurd, but the poster I was quoting was saying just that.

echo_unlimited, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  8. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ya pat each other's backs and deny history . How scientific of you .

ApocalypseXL, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  9. Dead Man

Dead Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes Allah really exist. Just see the beauty of world.

Dead Man, Jun 17, 2012 IP
  10. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your second sentence has absolutely nothing to do with your first sentence. For one thing, the world would be just as beautiful if some other god had created it to be that beautiful.

Rukbat, Jun 17, 2012 IP
  11. NathanCH

NathanCH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm 'seeing' and besides natural beauty which has existed for billions of years, all I see murder, rape, and delusion by the religious

NathanCH, Jun 17, 2012 IP
  12. Annabelle1

Annabelle1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    [h=1]Does God exist?- well, anyone has an opinion about God. This can measure your faith, when trials comes, how you handle it? Are you the kind of person blaming God what happened to you? that's why, you ask yourself, Does God Exist?[/h]

Annabelle1, Jun 25, 2012 IP
  13. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have an option about your opinion. The question is about reality, and you don't have an option about reality.

People don't blame things they don't believe in. Do you blame Zeus for what happened to you?

No, it's because silly children believe in something for which there's no evidence.

Rukbat, Jun 26, 2012 IP
  14. Migisi

Migisi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    god is their.. I believe him..

Migisi, Jul 3, 2012 IP
  15. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I believe in Thor the god of thunder. ;)

popotalk, Jul 3, 2012 IP
  16. scylla

scylla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure how she's viewed as a deity but I do think that adam & lilith happened (supposedly before adam & eve).

scylla, Jul 21, 2012 IP
  17. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Since "Adam" never actually happened, no. (The Hebrew word "Adom" means "mankind" - as distingushed from the animals - not one particular man.) And we know, from genetics, that there was never a single man and woman in our lineage.

Stop confusing morality tales with reality.

Rukbat, Jul 22, 2012 IP
  18. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol True Blood?

BRUm, Jul 22, 2012 IP
  19. scylla

scylla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, I saw that on the history channel just yesterday where they were saying all kinds of stuff about things being removed from the bible.

scylla, Jul 22, 2012 IP
  20. scylla

scylla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    [h=1]Lilith[/h]From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article is about the mythological figure Lilith. For other uses, see Lilith (disambiguation).
    This article does not have a lead picture as consensus of discussionLilith (Hebrew: לילית‎; lilit, or lilith) is a figure in Jewish mythology, developed earliest in the Babylonian Talmud, who is generally thought to be related to a class of female demons Līlīṯu in Mesopotamian texts. However, Lowell K. Handy (1997) notes, "Very little information has been found relating to the Akkadian and Babylonian view of these demons. Two sources of information previously used to define Lilith are both suspect."[SUP][1][/SUP] The two problematic sources are theGilgamesh appendix and the Arslan Tash amulets, which are discussed below.[SUP][2][/SUP]
    The term Lilith occurs in Isaiah 34:14, either singular or plural according to variations in the earliest manuscripts, though in a list of animals. In the Dead Sea Scrolls Songs of the Sage the term first occurs in a list of monsters. In Jewish magical inscriptions, on bowls and amulets from the 6th century CE onwards, Lilith is identified as a female demon and the first visual depictions appear.
    In Jewish folklore, from the 8th–10th centuries Alphabet of Ben Sira onwards, Lilith becomes Adam's first wife, who was created at the same time and from the same earth as Adam. This contrasts with Eve, who was created from one of Adam's ribs. The legend was greatly developed during the Middle Ages, in the tradition of Aggadic midrashim, the Zohar and Jewish mysticism.[SUP][3][/SUP] In the 13th Century writings of Rabbi Isaac ben Jacob ha-Cohen, for example, Lilith left Adam after she refused to become subservient to him and then would not return to the Garden of Eden after she mated with archangel Samael.[SUP][4][/SUP] The resulting Lilith legend is still commonly used as source material in modern Western culture, literature, occultism, fantasy, and horror.

scylla, Jul 22, 2012 IP