1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does God exist?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by scylla, May 13, 2009.

1. Gerinja

Gerinja Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    oh, well, it does not matter much labeling yourself as an atheists or not.

you read the scripture, but your complex mind did not understand it. as you see for me a short distance between 2 points is a straight line. while for you probably use a circle or a zig-zag line.

i think it is hard for you admit when you are wrong! because i did actually agreed with you. on the fact that my way of thinking is much simpler than yours. and you said i would not accept anything you said (hello! if you do not see a contradiction there there is definitely something really wrong). after you see yourself in a predicament like that you change and twist the words saying that i didn't so you would not seem like you were wrong!... good going friend :D

Gerinja, Sep 7, 2010 IP
  2. zphorumz

zphorumz Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes ofcourse God Exists

zphorumz, Sep 7, 2010 IP
  3. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    No he doesn't. We killed him.

[​IMG]

Will.Spencer, Sep 7, 2010 IP
  4. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you hearing voices in your head mate? You make quite a few statements as replies to things I either never said or which there has been no indication of.

You misunderstood what I meant by my sarcastic remark and have used it as a basis of our entire conversation. I'll break it down for you seeing as you have difficulty prising the actual pragmatics from my statements: I said you wouldn't believe anything I'd say with regards to my arguments concerning the nature of this thread, i.e. whether god exists or not.

This isn't the playground, we're adult enough to understand that what I said didn't mean literally anything, it meant anything relevant to the thread! I can't believe I have to explain this.

In case you're finding it a greater difficultly than I first thought, here's the original quote:

There is this linguistic discourse called 'context', and as we can all clearly see, the context of the sentence which, within, I said "you won't validate anything I say", is about theism/deism not complexity of mind set.

Can we now move on?

I asked for facts, you gave me a passage in a book, which you said I wouldn't be able to understand because I'm "closed minded" - which I'm not.

Will already pointed out that you have given the bible authority, through fallacy.

Because god has created a kingdom so simple and innocent to understand that even children can grasp it, yet those who claim to be learned and scholarly can't, means absolutely nothing. Through religious interpretation and implication, the bible is full of such circular reasoning. Like I said, it's similar to the old: "You can't begin to understand the bible because you don't have faith in it".

Anyway, it's not about logic or what the book even says, I'm just ignorant, right? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
    BRUm, Sep 8, 2010 IP
  5. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

Will.Spencer, Sep 8, 2010 IP
  6. Gerinja

Gerinja Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @ BRUm

Now i understand! so the word "anything" does not exactly mean "anything" to you because we are having this conversation in this thread makes a difference huh?
    how about creating your own dictionary and giving it to smarties? that stuff is out there for sure...

facts? were we talking about facts?

ok if you did not understand the passage, i will try to explain it in a simplistic way:

Matthews 11:25 says:

"At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. 26Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure."

this means that God has revealed himself to the common people, and not to the self proclaimed smart, arrogant people who say that they have complex thinking! making themselves more intelligent (which is just their illusion) than others and really looking down on people of faith...

you are really up there in your way of thinking friend... i congratulate you! :D

Gerinja, Sep 8, 2010 IP
  7. Red Pixel

Red Pixel Member

Best Answers:
    There is no God but Allah. The word "Allah" means "The One and The Only". There is no plural form of it. Everything in the world indicates to me that if there were god"s" then the system of this Universe wouldn't be stable as each god would have been trying to get superiority over the other god. Saying that the human age started because just of cell in a comet or anyother similar thing is not an answer.

Red Pixel, Sep 8, 2010 IP
  8. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And that passage proves what? We're meant to be discussing the existence of god. You're deliberately flogging a dead horse because you know that if you tried to actually address the subject of this thread, you'd crash and burn.

You know what I meant, why the hell would I say you wouldn't ever agree with me on anything? it really is childish to split hairs. I assumed adults have the ability to understand that we're in a thread with a very specific theme and context which inevitably elaborates the pragmatics of the semantics used. Do you understand what I'm saying? If you suffer from autism, I'd understand why this whole misunderstanding is so pivotal to you.

BRUm, Sep 8, 2010 IP
  9. Red Pixel

Red Pixel Member

Best Answers:
    ah is that "you" me?
    well if yes then its some thing called as "Common sense" which I tried to explain.

10. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My post was a reply to Gerinja. I don't understand the post you just made Pixel.

BRUm, Sep 8, 2010 IP
  11. Red Pixel

Red Pixel Member

Best Answers:
    Ok I will try again with an example. Suppose there is a substance some where beyond different galaxies. We don't know nothing about it. Then who will know about it all before every one else? Obviously, the One who created it i.e. Allah. It has not been created just by its self. The second point which I highlighted, is that there are no "gods". If X and Y are two gods. Then they will want to rule the entire world by themself. One will say that the sun should rise in the east while the other god wanting it to rise from west. As a result, the world wouldn't be stable. It wouldn't be like it is now.

12. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're using god as evidence for something, which is a waste of time because it is the very subject of the debate. I don't think you have the ability to make judgements outside of god itself.

I understood the first post you made and it was silly. Who says that multiple gods will strive for domination? You? You need to read up on empiricism.

This is the post I didn't understand:

Common sense isn't as common as you think.

BRUm, Sep 8, 2010 IP
  13. Red Pixel

Red Pixel Member

Best Answers:
    I clearly explained through an example, a really simple one. As far as it goes for multiple gods then yes, again, they will fight for domination. Just take the example of sun rising which I gave above. Tell me yourself, that which god's decision will be accepted? There will be great chaos.

"Common sense isn't as common as you think."
    Even if you say "Un"common in your sense its still common more than you think.

14. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dude.... come on. Seriously. I understood your fantasy very well, but what's the relevance? You base the Sun rising on some fantastic idea that if there were multiple gods, then they'd compete? ... did you happen to fall into a time machine from the 10th century? :D

Back on subject: you say there is a god, I say there isn't. The burden of proof is on you. Show me PROOF. Not weird and wonderful tales of the unexpected.

BRUm, Sep 8, 2010 IP
  15. stephenhacking

stephenhacking Peon

Best Answers:
    So, who created your Allah god? He just created himself?

Also - does he buy the materials he needs to create all this stuff from Home Depot or Wall Mart? Sounds like a lot of work, creating the universe and all that!

What makes you think the world is stable right now? It's pretty darn fucked up I'd say.

Also - if there is a god, or multiple god's, and they did create the universe with sugar, spice and everything nice, they *should* have the mental maturity to not act like spoilt brats fighting for a piece of candy.

If there is a supreme deity(ies) he/she/it needs to be super responsible. I don't see that responsibility from your Allah god after reading The Koran.

Bleargh. So, if Allah is the supreme god who controls everything, why doesn't he magically change all our minds to accept him and cover our women in tents.

Multiple gods are great, you can choose the one you like. Who'd like to go to a restaurant with just one dish?

stephenhacking, Sep 8, 2010 IP
  16. Red Pixel

Red Pixel Member

Best Answers:
    " So, who created your Allah god? He just created himself?
    He is complete from the beginning. At least try to understand the meaning of the word "Allah".

Also - does he buy the materials he needs to create all this stuff from Home Depot or Wall Mart? Sounds like a lot of work, creating the universe and all that!
    You seriously think that he buys from ebay? oh so your body was brought from there.

[002:164] Behold! in the creation of the heavens and the earth; in the alternation of the night and the day; in the sailing of the ships through the ocean for the profit of mankind; in the rain which God Sends down from the skies, and the life which He gives therewith to an earth that is dead; in the beasts of all kinds that He scatters through the earth; in the change of the winds, and the clouds which they Trail like their slaves between the sky and the earth;- (Here) indeed are Signs for a people that are wise.

"What makes you think the world is stable right now? It's pretty darn fucked up I'd say."
    [031:010] He created the heavens without any pillars that ye can see; He set on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with you; and He scattered through it beasts of all kinds. We send down rain from the sky, and produce on the earth every kind of noble creature, in pairs.

"
    Also - if there is a god, or multiple god's, and they did create the universe with sugar, spice and everything nice, they *should* have the mental maturity to not act like spoilt brats fighting for a piece of candy.

If there is a supreme deity(ies) he/she/it needs to be super responsible. I don't see that responsibility from your Allah god after reading The Koran.
    "
    "God is the Creator of everything. He is the guardian over everything. Unto Him belong the keys of the heavens and the earth." (39:62, 63)

"No creature is there crawling on the earth, but its provision rests on God. He knows its lodging place and it repository." (11:6)
    “Here is a Message for mankind: Let them take warning there from, and let them know that He is (no other than) One Allâh. Let men of understanding take heed.” (14: 52)

" Allâh! There is no god but He (the) Rabb[2] (the Only Cherisher and Sustainer) of the Throne Supreme!” (27: 26)

“All Praises and thanks be to Allâh Who, (Alone) created the heavens and the earth and made the darkness and the light. Yet those who reject Faith hold (others) as equal with their Rabb.” (6:1)

"God has not taken to Himself any son, nor is there any god with Him: For then each god would have taken of that which he created and some of them would have risen up over others." (23:91)

And Why, were there gods in earth and heaven other than God, they (heaven and earth) would surely go to ruin." (21:22)

" Bleargh. So, if Allah is the supreme god who controls everything, why doesn't he magically change all our minds to accept him and cover our women in tents."
    Then what will be the reason behind this whole test? He has granted us free will unlike angels. We have been put forth in a test. To believe is the test.
    “Say: ‘Call upon Allâh or call upon Rahman (the Most Beneficent), by whatever name you call upon Him (it is well), for to Him belong the Most Beautiful Names. Neither speak your Prayer aloud nor speak it in a low tone but seek a middle course between.’ And say: ‘Praises belong to Allâh Who begets no son and has no partner in (His) dominion: nor is He low to have protector. And magnify Him for His greatness and glory!’” (17:110-111)

"[008:022] For the worst of beasts in the sight of God are the deaf and the dumb,- those who understand not."

Just tell me one thing that how my example of multiple gods cause chaos is wrong. It will make me easy to understand that what kind of proof will assure you the existence of Allah Almighty.

17. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I really can't be arsed to try and further explain why your example is ridiculous and irrelevant, so can we just get back to the subject of the thread, which happens to be the title, "Does god exist".

No-one is debating the harmony of multiple gods. I think you're so heavily brainwashed with Islam that it hasn't even dawned on you yet what we're questioning, because it would create such horrendous cognitive dissonance.

BRUm, Sep 8, 2010 IP
  18. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    The Universe is complete from the beginning. There is no Allah.

You seem to be semi-literate, so here's a YouTube video to make this simple for you:

[video=youtube;HWiVS4kTa7o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWiVS4kTa7o[/video]
    It's just a word you idiot, not some magic spell.

Quoting the Quran as a source is simply creating a Fallacy of Appeal to Authority and making yourself look like a moron.

19. supernal

supernal Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe.

I think that anyone who would like to should take a few moments to read this short story.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html

It's very short. Won't take more than 10 minutes even for an average speed reader. Simple but powerful message.

supernal, Sep 8, 2010 IP
  20. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers: