1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Fireworks output in CMYK?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by misohoni, Jul 20, 2005.

Can't seem to find this option and my Photoshop Elements software has disabled it...

misohoni, Jul 20, 2005 IP
  2. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think so. Mainly because fireworks is meant for web graphics and not for print. You don't need CMYK on the web. See if GIMP allows for CMYK export. You can save a TIFF or PNG in fireworks and them use another program hopefully.

RectangleMan, Jul 20, 2005 IP
  3. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't agree with you that Fireworks is mainly for web, mainly for Vectors yes but surely since you can create HQ graphics with a high DPI - it makes sense for them to be in CMYK which is compatible with Printers

Is GIMP a free product, haven't heard about it before...

misohoni, Jul 20, 2005 IP
  4. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
  5. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hey don't get me wrong I LOVE fireworks and have for years now..but published a magazine for 2 years and print jobs need to get done in photoshop. I feel photoshop is OVERKILL for a web graphics program and I feel it's just not user friendly like Fireworks.

Anyways..I hope I was helpful.

RectangleMan, Jul 20, 2005 IP
    nevetS likes this.
  6. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds great mate. What about Freehand and Illustrator for Magazine stuff and exporting it to Quark...never done so myself, just all seems a bit complicated..

misohoni, Jul 21, 2005 IP
  7. adigitaldreamer

adigitaldreamer Peon

Best Answers:
    Freehand, Illustrator, are vector programs more used for print output (cmyk). Fireworks is almost exclusively for web output. In fact, they wouldn't want you doing cmyk stuff in there. They want you to buy other products. :)

Freehand and Illustrator stuff can easily be imported into Xpress for output. Save as an EPS, which is a standard vector format.

Hope this helps. What are you trying to do?

Brian

adigitaldreamer, Aug 2, 2005 IP
  8. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I thought it was something to do with that. Just spent ages trying to find the conversion to CMYK button Fireworks.

I was producing a business card at a high DPI in Fireworks and needed to send it to a printers who use Quark (and CMYK). I also looked on Photoshop Elements for the conversion with no luck also! So at the end had to sent it away for conversion which cost me :(

misohoni, Aug 2, 2005 IP