1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Facebook use PHP?

Discussion in 'PHP' started by lwilliams777, Nov 27, 2012.

1. paulinetaylor85

paulinetaylor85 Peon

Best Answers:
    PHP is a programmer friendly language as its code is quite similar to C and C++ and it is quite popular among all the programing languages. Facebook is developed on PHP and many other popular social networking websites run on PHP, so it's good to use PHP as your primary language to develop a social networking website.

paulinetaylor85, Dec 1, 2012 IP
  2. PYO

PYO Member

Best Answers:
    Good rich text with keyword PHP :)

Facebook also uses php, but not on frontend.

PYO, Dec 1, 2012 IP
  3. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm so glad about that. Especially since you can't use PHP on the front end - it runs on the back end. Evidently someone at Facebook knows at least as much about web development as a fifth grader.

Rukbat, Dec 1, 2012 IP
  4. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can use any efficient server side language to create a social networking web site... Ruby, Perl, Python, PHP, Java, ..., etc. It doesn't make much of a difference. Personally, I feel PHP would make it a bit easier but that's just my preference. Don't use 3rd party scripts. They are very basic and a duplicated competitor can be launched in 5 minutes.

Actually...don't even waste your time creating a general social networking web site. If you must create your own at least have a niche. A Mom and Pop General Store would never last next to a Walmart.

NetStar, Dec 1, 2012 IP
  5. ericlewis107

ericlewis107 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Facebook runs mostly PHP, but also uses some C++, Java, Python and Erlang on the back-end...

ericlewis107, Dec 10, 2012 IP
  6. paulinetaylor85

paulinetaylor85 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all your tips and guidance. I want to know that what is the value of core php while there are so many advance frameworks in existence?

paulinetaylor85, Dec 10, 2012 IP