1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Facebook/Twitter really help your business?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by David Pen, Jun 29, 2013.

1. tommyanderson

tommyanderson Active Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging service--think public instant messenger stream.Twitter gives you an open door to connect not only with other entrepreneurs but also other companies, marketing experts and more.
    How Do Businesses Use Twitter?

• A restaurant tweets daily specials.
    • A ticket agency tweets about-to-expire tickets.
    • A real estate agent tweets new homes on the market.
    • A chamber of commerce tweets local events and promotions.
    • A PR expert tweets publicity opportunities.
    • An entrepreneur tweets co-marketing opportunities.
    • Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share ideas and make the world more open and connected.

Because of the large number of users visiting this social platform, many businesses have turned to Facebook as a way to connect to potential customers
      1. Use Facebook for your business only with a Fan Page
    • 2. Using Facebook for personal and business
    • 3. Using Facebook for your business with a personal profile and Fan Page

tommyanderson, May 14, 2015 IP
  2. cwvps1

cwvps1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Facebook works great for me. I have't even tried with Twitter or any other social network with this particular niche. It really depends on your chosen niche. I have 54K followers for now, I post 6 times a day and try to include various and relevant content. I have 1000 likes per post, approximately. Did paid posting from time to time, but I don't do it anymore. No need right now.

cwvps1, Jul 15, 2015 IP
  3. Anuradha Rao

Anuradha Rao Active Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook and Twitter
    • help create brand awareness
    • enhance your search engine visibility
    • help you connect with and engage with your present and potential customers
    • help generate free word-of-mouth publicity....one person likes a post and all their friends can see it in their newsfeed, the more the likes the more the publicity
    • let you post about offers, promotions
    • let you hold contests for customers
    • help your content go viral if you can create
    • can help you sell

Anuradha Rao, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  4. Alex Byhovtsov

Alex Byhovtsov Member

Best Answers:
    I think it really helps, you can learn it from the most famous companies. Social media wouldn't be so popular today if there was no need in it.

Alex Byhovtsov, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  5. bojan92

bojan92 Guest

Best Answers:
    i have an online store and i have a group on facebook where i post. I my say facebook really helped me promote my business and it is still helping me with marketing :)

bojan92, Jul 28, 2015 IP
  6. ca-detz

ca-detz Member

Best Answers:
    social media's purpose is to enable..well social discussions, connections.

It can help a lot, since in my businesses I've got many followers and links. Facebook is better perhaps for communities, because of pages and groups. Twitter for rapid info. Neither is inherently better than the other.

ca-detz, Aug 6, 2015 IP
  7. adilmia6

adilmia6 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Twitter and facebook helps you but you should try google plus to promote your pages,it really works.

adilmia6, Aug 6, 2015 IP
  8. Lumiere

Lumiere Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First of all, being on social networks today is a must, like a standard, like having a website or so :) so many people do use them even as a source of news and entertainment that if a company is not present on social networks, it does not convey a good image

Lumiere, Aug 11, 2015 IP
  9. DravenTaylor

DravenTaylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook and Twitter are superb tools, but it depends on how you use them.

Facebook: Make a page for your business and get involved in groups. The groups are where the people interact and you can get a larger scope of people to see what you are doing. Use the events on Facebook to make special deals for your business and present those on your page(s) and the groups you are involved in. There are many other avenues with Facebook that can help including the Bing maps that are integrated into it.

Twitter: First rule, NEVER buy followers. Most of these will be bots and will do you no good. If you are not sure how many real followers you have, check with a site like Twitter Audit. It is better to have 10,000 followers that are 90% real than to have 100,000 that are only 5% real.

For businesses the best resource that you have is Linkedin for other businesses and professionals to see you. For younger people it would be Instagram, Tumblr, and Twitter. For the middle crowd it would be Facebook. Keep in mind that this is for ideal metrics in North America. Other parts of the world there are other sites that are more dominant.

One last mention, any social medias you are in.....post intelligent well-expressed posts, post frequently, and keep them on a consistent basis. I would also say to post them through the day and night. This will give you a broader scope of viewers to your posts and different markets of people.

I hope this helps. :)

DravenTaylor, Aug 22, 2015 IP
  10. footyT

footyT Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    We now get more clicks from FB than Google! It's the future!

footyT, Aug 22, 2015 IP
  11. DravenTaylor

Best Answers:
    There are 242 social networks in the world that have over a million on each one. Kinda gives some perspective. ;)

I would say to use both though as it is always good to use every resource that one has to help their business and site take off.

DravenTaylor, Aug 22, 2015 IP
  12. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Both Facebook and Twitter has helped me dramatically. Actually both social networking websites are the reason that I am having a such success in my business (not really a business, a blog but can be used as a business) but it depends on how you use both social networking websites. Here's a advice from me, when you tweet on Twitter or a post on Facebook wall post add a hashtag because that would target the large numbers of a crowd of whatever your business are. For example if your business are about selling American Sign Language items then tweet/post something like "I have a awesome #ASL #Shirt for sale at $10 at my #store: URL here".

Joshie, Aug 27, 2015 IP
  13. Moazzem Hossain

Moazzem Hossain Member

Best Answers:
    Now a days, without social media, business can't be possible.

Moazzem Hossain, Aug 28, 2015 IP
  14. Salman Najeeb

Salman Najeeb Member

Best Answers:
    its true by doing seo or marketing on facebook you can grow your business

Salman Najeeb, Sep 6, 2015 IP
  15. Pastorsinlot

Pastorsinlot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have made over 100,000 with the help of twitter, you just need to work

Pastorsinlot, Sep 6, 2015 IP
  16. Mehul B

Mehul B Member

Best Answers:
    Yes true Facebook and Twitter has their own influence but you should know how to use them for your business. Facebook Marketing helps to generate instant traffic, leads and people engagement but its promotion strategy requires lot of efforts, try to post which is more relevant to business. Don’t only do promotional post, sometimes use funny posts or videos which will attract more audience. You can also make use of Facebook ads to get instant likes, shares, comments and people reach etc.

Twitter Marketing will not give you instant traffic but yes it is one of the effective ways to get people engagement but for that you should spend time on twitter for active participation in conversations.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    Mehul B, Feb 25, 2016 IP
  17. HelenVendo

HelenVendo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Of course it helps. But the success of promotion in social networks depends on your niche.
    For example Twitter didn't work for me at all while almost 70% of traffic came from Facebook. What is your niche?

HelenVendo, Feb 25, 2016 IP
  18. George Martinez

George Martinez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Facebook will help you a lot in driving traffic to you website. For better results, set up a Facebook page where anybody has the change to see it.

George Martinez, Feb 25, 2016 IP
  19. Brucode

Brucode Member

Best Answers:
    Both SMO accounts are very helpful to get an organic traffic but firstly you need to spend your almost time to make a good relationship with the twitter and facebook users. second don't promote your business directly because now promotional things not working. third daily posting is a way to be in touch fourth do not hesitate to like other things because when you start to appreciate with other services that mean you ping the person to follow you.

SMO is a place everyone like to use so it is platform where you can attract interested users by offering your services with the positive way and can not force others for taking your services.

Brucode, Feb 25, 2016 IP
  20. DravenTaylor

Best Answers:
    The key thing is how you are getting the traffic. For Twitter, if you are buying the followers then they are more than likely bots and will not help you. There are methods to organically grow your numbers and if you do it right they will be reactive to what you put on your site. Currently, I work through Facebook, Twitter, and 30 other social medias for our marketing. When it is going full force this counts for about 300,000 visitors per month as a safe guess.

DravenTaylor, Mar 3, 2016 IP