1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Extension Matter with ClickBank Pages

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by evossman, Feb 5, 2007.

A quick question I haven't found in the forums. Does the extension for either affiliate or publisher ebook/product pages matter. Do people find better conversion rates with .com's over .info or .net's?

evossman, Feb 5, 2007 IP
  2. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it would be very difficult to try to measure this, considering all the different variables at stake. You'd have to set up the exact same campaign with the exact same keywords & ad copy & landing page and split test a domain with the same name and different extension. If anyone has done that, I'd love to hear the results too!

-T

Telmari, Feb 6, 2007 IP
  3. Franck S

Franck S Peon

Best Answers:
    I always use .com, but .net is as good. For PPC, I don't think it make any difference.

Franck S, Feb 6, 2007 IP
  4. zachbb

zachbb Peon

Best Answers:
    It might make a slight difference in conversions... .com being more trusted than say, .biz. Your product might come off as a scam to some people. But again, I doubt that the amount is significant.

zachbb, Feb 9, 2007 IP
  5. dog_24

dog_24 Peon

Best Answers:
    No, I don't think that .com or .net matters at all, it's all about pre-sell, content and good looking page. It's like not trusting a SM sign, but trusting a TM?

Doesn't make difference to me, but I may be wrong, you never know until you test. (=

dog_24, Feb 9, 2007 IP
  6. evossman

evossman Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice answers. It would be an interesting test to see what someone comes up with. But then again the test might be difficult because time of year might matter and I'm sure you'd have to test over a month or so. At least a few weeks.

May i'll just reg a name and see if I can do a decent presell under a .net or .info. Those seem to be a lot cheaper and have a lot of sales all the time at GD etc.

We'll see.

evossman, Feb 12, 2007 IP