1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Every Small Business Need A Website?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by queensWebDesign, Oct 9, 2011.

1. proxyblaze

proxyblaze Peon

Best Answers:
    No not really needed as long as you are very good at something.
    You can use some forums where you can create your own topics and sell your brands?

proxyblaze, Nov 18, 2011 IP
  2. mash240

mash240 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not every business needs it to be successful, but its very hard to argue they aren't losing sales as a result of not being online. If you're ever having trouble persuading a small business to set up a website just show them the stats from Google keywords, showing how many searches there are a month for their products or services.

mash240, Nov 19, 2011 IP
  3. nesrinamb

nesrinamb Member

Best Answers:
    I believe that a small business website is a definite must as the hosting is about $90 at the most and premium WordPress theme is another $70.
    Yes their is obviously the issue of SEO and marketing it, but over 10 years it will easily more then pay for itself. Much of my business has come to me because of my website.

nesrinamb, Nov 20, 2011 IP
  4. crowland

crowland Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would say no and in the majority cases, I would say it would not hurt.

crowland, Nov 22, 2011 IP
  5. rlsmith21

rlsmith21 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i have a local business, and not being able to afford 200$ a month when i started up for a 1/8th of a page in the yellow pages. the internet was the cheapest way to get my name out there. I grew from 8 clients to 50 clients in the first year.. that may not be a lot but at 100$ a person a month on average. i can eat now! the internet is great.

rlsmith21, Nov 22, 2011 IP
  6. mrahmeduk

mrahmeduk Peon

Best Answers:
    I think every business should have a web presence as many use the internet today and can easily find your business information online. Saves time and money and can get more customers.

mrahmeduk, Nov 22, 2011 IP
  7. logoonlinepros

logoonlinepros Member

Best Answers:
    I think every small having should be a web site. Without promotion of your product your business would be very slow.

logoonlinepros, Nov 25, 2011 IP
  8. fithraw

fithraw Peon

Best Answers:
    If your business prefer on offline, maybe you need a website later. But, if your business prefer on online business, or marketing, you need a good site to promote your business. :)

fithraw, Dec 8, 2011 IP
  9. ikidoxio

ikidoxio Member

Best Answers:
    its not important but if you wish to expand buisness or increase sales its a realy good way through

ikidoxio, Dec 8, 2011 IP
  10. noel877

noel877 Peon

Best Answers:
    No I dont think every small business needs a website. I live in NYC and in my neighborhood, about 95% or maybe more, businesses does not have a website. They all have been there for decades and will be there for decades more, with or without websites.

I do believe that having a website can't hurt but making a statement that "every" small business needs a website is just ridiculous in my opinion.

noel877, Dec 9, 2011 IP
  11. Endless Rain

Endless Rain Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with noel. I have a small business running for already 10 years. Having a website just gives you additional expense.

Endless Rain, Dec 9, 2011 IP
  12. lavinpratap

lavinpratap Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with many of you. There is a large market out there to explore and having a website means that you dont have to explain people about your business. It is already available to understand your business and come to you. And believe me it will be very useful.

lavinpratap, Dec 9, 2011 IP
  13. Deltahost

Deltahost Banned

Best Answers:
    Bill Gates said it best... "In the future there will be two types of companies...those on the Internet and those out of business."

Deltahost, Dec 9, 2011 IP
  14. D Alishouse

D Alishouse Peon

Best Answers:
    I would have to agree with this. I don't think every single business needs a multi-page interactive website with videos and it's own blog, but every business should consider having an online presence these days because that's where people find you. People use the internet to find phone numbers and addresses and you can set up a pretty simple, attractive little site for not much money these days just to provide that basic information at least. Otherwise you are, indeed, invisible to them.

D Alishouse, Dec 9, 2011 IP
  15. lavinpratap

lavinpratap Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont say you have to have a great site. It is just to say what service you do and where your presence is.
    By this way you can tell people about your business and also the customers can reach. This increases your business opportunity not only around your business place but also world wide.
    It also helps you grow your business international .

lavinpratap, Dec 11, 2011 IP
  16. SEOHelix

SEOHelix Peon

Best Answers:
    Do businesses need a website, yes and no. Some businesses just need some contact information and product information online (yellow pages or directories can do this). Other businesses are better suited to have a full working website.

SEOHelix, Dec 11, 2011 IP
  17. angelseo

angelseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I think yes..Because the main source for any website to get popular is through its own website..SO it is better to have your own website..

angelseo, Dec 12, 2011 IP
  18. E-QueenEve

E-QueenEve Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes i think it is the most important part to complete the image of any business

E-QueenEve, Dec 12, 2011 IP
  19. Ella_Z.

Ella_Z. Peon

Best Answers:
    not every, but for better results and better promotion - internet now is indispensable!

Ella_Z., Dec 13, 2011 IP
  20. lavinpratap

lavinpratap Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes thats very true Ella

lavinpratap, Dec 13, 2011 IP