1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Email List Really Work?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Guntzenbach Conrad, Feb 7, 2017.

There are some places where I can buy Thousands and thousands of targeted email addresses. I got some questions to those with experience:

-Does it work in terms of getting leads and sales?
    -Is there ROI any good?
    -Is the email bounce rate high and cause my blasting platform to get shut down?

Can you recommend the best place to get the email list to your opinion?

Regards

Also, if I blast emails, how frequently do I have to do it? like once a week?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2017
    Guntzenbach Conrad, Feb 7, 2017 IP
  2. eMonetize

eMonetize Member

Best Answers:
    I have been buying fresh / targeted data (email) for over 16 years and it can be extremely profitable if you know what you are doing. At the same time, you could easily waste all your money if you don't.

First, I heavily promote PPL (pay per lead...lead generation) offers. This is because there is no credit card / purchase required for an offer to be completed. All a user has to do is fill out a form, so conversion rates are typically much higher than offers that require a sale to be made.

Bottom line...it is far easier to get someone to fill out a short form than it is to get them to take out their credit card and make a purchase. This is key when buying data, as you want to promote what has the path of least resistance to getting conversions / $$$.

I would have never been anywhere near as successful if all I did was promote offers that required a purchase!!!

I favor offer that have a make, get or save money benefit to them. This is what has overall worked the best and tends to have the greatest amount of mass appeal (will be of interest to a large general audience). So the potential exist to produce high volume and it is fairly easy to cross promote the offers. ALSO...it is these types of offers (verticals) that data is readily available for and is very scalable.

Some of the verticals I have done extremely well with are: education, insurance, mortgage, credit, assistance, debt, loans, discount offers, homeowner offers, etc...

I acquire fresh / targeted 3rd party data (email), which is data that the users have shown or expressed an interest in a specific vertical and have given permission to receive messages directly from third parties. Which the data is 100% can-spam compliant.

Technically I'm monetizing data. Because the data comes first and then based on the user's interest, I'm then sending them a relevant PPL offer that matches it. So if I'm getting auto insurance data, I then send an auto insurance offer. If I'm getting education data, I then send an education offer. Etc, etc...

Purchased data is rarely going to perform as well as a highly targeted opt-in list that you build yourself. However, it's not an issue because it is much cheaper and scalable than building. Also, it's not about the initial data that you purchase. As the real key to making it work is to always be segmenting the opens / clickers - removing the unresponsive users. That way over time you'll eventually send less and make more with each mailing. Essentially you'll be converting the data from quantity to quality.

Obviously, there is a lot more to it, but done right it does work. Everyone that I know that is in the business and knows what they are doing, for the most part, does 6-7 figures. While that may be a huge range, so much comes down to one's ability to scale and effectively manage / build the infrastructure needed to scale.

You can hit me up on Skype: EmailMonetizer if you have any questions.

eMonetize, Feb 8, 2017 IP
    robinymym likes this.
  3. David Jones42

David Jones42 Member

Best Answers:
    in my terms i don't think it is useful because they sale this list with to many customer and all customer already send his proposal to this all email so it is better if you go with find personally email.

David Jones42, Feb 8, 2017 IP
  4. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's a very good response from eMonetize. Normally I wouldn't recommend buying email lists. There are so many unscrupulous vendors out there. You really do have to be careful.

When you do find a supplier who is reliable, and/or when you build your own list from scratch what it really boils down to is how well you present your offer. If what you display to your reader doesn't cause him to want more information or buy your product then it doesn't make any difference how targeted the leads are.

JoeSpirit, Feb 8, 2017 IP
  5. beast_8

beast_8 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It can work if you have the email list you have is targeted towards your niche.

beast_8, Feb 8, 2017 IP
  6. Chris-

Chris- Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    One action which can help hugely is to regularly clean your list(s).

Every time you send an email to a list-member, and they don't open it, Google (and other search engines) rates you slightly less well, which means that future emails of yours are slightly more likely to go straight to the spam folder, or not be delivered at all.

So you send a series of emails (such as 7 to 10, one per day), and everyone who opens at least one of them, you move to a new list, where you continue sending emails daily. Everyone who never opens any of them, you try once or twice more, giving them the best reason you can think of to open the email, and if they still don't open any, you delete them.

That way, you get the positive effects of the same system . . . every time you send an email to a list-member who DOES open it, Google rates you slightly better, which means your future emails get a better delivery rate, and your profit increases.

Chris

Chris-, Feb 12, 2017 IP
  7. robinymym

robinymym Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most of the companies still buying email/subscriber list. Personally, I suggest to make your own faithful members through events, reviews, reviews, website, blog, and other techniques. But, this will take time to make your faithful members through the above list of techniques.

robinymym, Feb 13, 2017 IP
  8. Dana C. Beck

Dana C. Beck Active Member

Best Answers:
    Buying "targeted" email addresses is not always a good investment. Why? well here are some key points that I have learned through trial and error and maybe they'll help you too:
    • Ownership - Buying email addresses from a vendor means you don't "own" the email addresses. In other words, someone else (perhaps the vendor) cultivated these email addresses so their origin is completely unknown.
    • Over use - If a vendor supplies you with say 1,000 email addresses, what's to say they haven't also provided other customers with the exact same email addresses?
    • Fresh (getting leads and sales) - As mentioned above, the likelihood that these email addresses have been sold to other customers is very high. Remember, email addresses represent people so it is likely these people may be getting a ton of offers from a slew of internet marketers. This does narrow your results based upon sheer volume.
    • ROI - Your ROI is really based upon a few factors - how much these targeted emails are costing you, what is the ticket price of your offer, what is your opt in rate, and what is your conversion rate. Taking all these into consideration will give you a fairly accurate ROI
    • Bounce Rate - Again, taking into consideration the saturation of these email addresses, your bounce rate could end up being as high as 75% or even higher. Also, sending out "email blasts" on a regular basis could also flag you as a scammer. You have to be careful with this as well.
    As has been mentioned by a number of posts above, the best way to build a solid, active list is through organic means (as "robinymym" had mentioned "through events, reviews, reviews website, blog, and other techniques"). This does take time, but the end result is you can build a thriving active list.

The other way to build an effective list is through solo ads but with this technique you have to make sure the vendor that you're buying the solo ad from has a strong reputation and great reviews. One avenue you can utilize to find quality solo ad vendors is through UDIMI which I have used a few times with very good results.

Hopefully you find help and value in this information. All the best to you...

Dana C. Beck, Feb 13, 2017 IP
  9. Guitar Prince

Guitar Prince Member

Best Answers:
    Not only does it have a high conversion rate, but as you build up your list you can continually monetize it by pitching multiple products. Just look at ecommerce sites like Amazon, one way they get you to continually buy more products from them is by emailing you offers on a regular basis.
    And if you aren’t selling any products, you should still collect emails so you can get people back to your site on a continual basis. For example, if you have a blog, every time you publish a new post, you can notify your list, which will help increase repeat traffic.”

Guitar Prince, Feb 13, 2017 IP