1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does deeplink mods increase directory sell?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by rightit, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Dubz

Dubz Peon

Best Answers:
    The best mod I ever bought in terms of ROI.

Dubz, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  2. ilikenwf

ilikenwf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Now I am slightly more compelled. But I know enough PHP that I should be able to go the DIY route. If anything breaks, just re-upload the files you modified from the phpld zip file.

ilikenwf, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  3. mrcrowley

mrcrowley Peon

Best Answers:
    Not that bothered about deep links myself, when submitting but i notice they are very popular and helps increase submissions :)

mrcrowley, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  4. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well the results are shown in the "Details Pages" and help your inner pages get better SE rankings...

thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  5. LeopardAt1

LeopardAt1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes its not all about the PR.

LeopardAt1, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  6. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    Your absolutely right that it isn't always about PR, deeplinking has more value than that, besides isn't PR on its way out?

Deeplinking can be a massive boost to a directories revenue if its used in the right context, niche seems to be where the long term benefits are going to be.

The Pheonix, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  7. rightit

rightit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It means Deeplink mod increases selling/revenue.

rightit, Aug 17, 2007 IP
    Rezo and The Pheonix like this.
  8. dhruv37

dhruv37 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yeah deep links mod help in increase selling / revenue.

dhruv37, Aug 18, 2007 IP
  9. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have installed the deeplink on my bidding web directory, with some help from mikey! but then i have not seen much difference in submission!:eek:
    anyways, cheers!:)

uttoransen, Aug 18, 2007 IP
  10. Rezo

Rezo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I not sure if it helps your listing very much, but if the market requires it then it means it does help.

That's why I just installed it on my premium gaming directory :)

Rezo, Aug 18, 2007 IP
    rightit likes this.
  11. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes it can increase revenue, not so much in general directories though but that's just my opinion. This is why I recommend that if people are interested in deeplinking they go buy a script that already has it included as its an absolute rip-off having to pay an extra $100 and maybe more for it to be added to a script you've already paid for. But that is just my opinion.

If people want to spend more money than they really have to then that is thier free choice. Besides, isn't there even a free deeplink mod out for the phpld script that does exactly the same thing?

The Pheonix, Aug 18, 2007 IP
    rightit likes this.
  12. Dubz

Dubz Peon

Best Answers:
    Why are you calling it a rip off? I installed it and my submissions went through the roof compared to before. Lots of big clients would of NEVER COME if I didn't have the deeplink... Ripoff? Maybe to a short sighted tight wad but to a real business man in the directory market it's a steal of a deal for a job DONE RIGHT with TESTED SUPPORT.

If you have invested NOTHING in your directory than ya go for a free one but if you are already at thousands and thousands of dollars in promotion why take the chance... I guess if you aren't in the shoes of someone making money in the directory business you'd have a different thought. Or if you were paid by a competing script of course!

Now you will say it's a rip off because you could get it free in another script...

I'd rather drive a nice european car and pay extra to updgrade the rims (deeplinks) than buy a crappy car that has shiny rims on it to start.

How does this translate to directories? PHPLD is the most commonly used script for a reason: It works well, Easy to use Admin and Incredible support. (Even if just by other members on the internet)

You are the ONLY person who mentions PHPL1nX in this forum (all the time might I add) so whenever I have a problem I'd have to deal with you or your cronies? NO THANK YOU.

You can say what you want but for the longest time you denied your involvement with the script than admitted you worked for it so I don't know what to believe anymore:rolleyes:

But that is just my opinion.

Dubz, Aug 18, 2007 IP
  13. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    It's my honest opinion Dubz, I'm entitled to it, I don't think for a second you should have to pay for mods if you can buy an entire script that already has this and many other features built in for LESS than the price of the mod, you can't argue that, well you can and probably will but lets make it a civil debate as we are all entitled to an opinion. :)

Rofl, you don't have to tell me that I'm the only one who posts about phpLynx, you don't metion phpld (all the time either), :rolleyes: come on dubz, lets be civil, as much as I promote phpLynx you lot promote phpld, do I ever complain? NOPE. Problems? The script has been very thoroughly tested and problems are very infrequent so you wouldn't have to deal with the 'cronies'. What if you don't have the knowledge to install mods, won't you have to deal with the 'cronies' of these also?

And your entitled to your opinion Dubz, I don't agree with it but hey, you don't agree with me posting my opinions, I got no problem with that, I deal with it, that's what forums are for.

As for the old issue of this denial crap, at one time I had NO formal involvement with phpLynx, now I do I proudly tell you that I work for them, hope that clears that up 'again'. :cool:

The Pheonix, Aug 19, 2007 IP
  14. pctec

pctec Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can only speak for myself...
    When I submit to directories I like getting deeplinks. I assume a lot of people think the same way I do. Therefore, deeplinks are good :)

pctec, Aug 19, 2007 IP
  15. saadahmed007

saadahmed007 Admínistratör

Best Answers:
    Yes, in fact i myself like deeplinks too so i prefer directories with deep links :)
    Saad

saadahmed007, Aug 19, 2007 IP
  16. Fastian

Fastian Peon

Best Answers:
    Com'on guys ....
    There is no need to turn this thread in fight. OP didn't ask you which Script has that feature, so please stop it. There is no need to compare phpLD or phpLynx.

I think that sum up everything for OP.

I think many of use will like to have Deep Links esp. if we are submitting to a Paid Directory. So yea, having Deep links options does help in submission.

Fastian, Aug 19, 2007 IP
    The Pheonix likes this.
  17. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I guess it does. Deeplinks are important for many webmasters.

Personally, it doesn't matter much to me.

If I find a directory good, I will submit - irrespective of whether I am getting deeplinks or not.

sachin410, Aug 19, 2007 IP
  18. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    Fair comment Fastian it wasn't meant to be such, I intitially posted without even mentioning phpLynx but felt my comment needed justifying, wasn't meant as an advert and certainly I didn't want to get into any fights which is pointed out in my last post. :)

The Pheonix, Aug 19, 2007 IP
  19. contactusa

contactusa Active Member

Best Answers:
    300% for me since I installed Rob's mod (actually since Rob :cool: installed the mod for me). All my directories have deep links now.

It definitively helps!:D

contactusa, Aug 19, 2007 IP
  20. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The Pheonix there you go again hijacking another thread, honestly I would never try phplynx based simply on the fact that I find your constant hijacking of theads for self-promotion so annoying.

jg123, Aug 19, 2007 IP