1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Clickbank Affiliate Program's work ???

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by ecolatur, Sep 27, 2005.

I have been using clickbank affiliate programs for over a month now, but haven't seen any earnings at all.

I am promoting a range of products offered by clickbank, but I am yet to start off with any earnings???

I have started asking myself "Does it work?"

Any thoughts?

Abhilash.

ecolatur, Sep 27, 2005 IP
    Jat likes this.
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    It does work. Problem is that it has hundreds of products available to promote, and 99% of them are junk, so finding something that actually converts can be very difficult.

fryman, Sep 27, 2005 IP
    markkk likes this.
  3. ecolatur

ecolatur Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A Perfect reply..

That clears most of my doubts,

I think I should concentrate on cj and a'sense ,

Abhilash

ecolatur, Sep 27, 2005 IP
  4. opiapr

opiapr Peon

Best Answers:
    I was using Clickbank and were being paid an average of $150 a month. I move to CJ and I am making an avera of $60 per day.

opiapr, Sep 29, 2005 IP
  5. obenix

obenix Eats an apple a day......

Best Answers:
    ^ecolatur,
    A buddy of mine is a Clickbank affiliate and he makes a few hundred dollars from it...
    What is your traffic you are getting?

obenix, Sep 29, 2005 IP
  6. Abilnet

Abilnet Peon

Best Answers:
    Generally, there's not such a thing like "Clickbank Affiliate Program's" -- at least the saying could lead to a little misleading way of thinking. ClickBank is an easy & innovative way for merchants to manage payments and track affiliate sales in order to pay commissions, usually without any hassle (even though the legal stuff might be a different story)

So, in my opinion, it's better to focus on products that fit your business strategy and will convert your traffic to sales. ClickBank is "only" a great place to find those different products and great way to take payments, and manage the affiliate network.

As someone already said, there are tons of different products waiting to pick up to sell... some of the pruducts are just waste of time, some of them are pure gold. And a lot of other "so and so" -products.

To find the right products for you from the ClickBank Marketplace, do not only focus on the affiliate commission... take a close look at the sales page, reputation, conversion rate, marketing material etc. of the product.

When you've choosen the right product(s) don't push your visitors too hard to buy... the better way to make sales is to give some personal opinions, recommendations etc. - it's better for your business just tunnel hot leads to the sales page with your affiliate cookie - let the merchant close the sale with his sales page and enjoy the commissions.

...2 cents ;)

Abilnet, Sep 29, 2005 IP
  7. vstar

vstar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    September 26th/2006

ATTENTION all Rich Jerk (ClickBank) Affiliates - The Rich Jerk is SCREWING you out of your commissions

Have you noticed that when you go to his website at www.TheRichJerk.com/site/intro?.hop=YourClickBankID), you are FORCED (by a squeeze page) to submit a name and email address in order to view the website.

Now that he has got you on his mailing list, he sends you daily newsletters and of course encourages you to buy his product, but the problem is that the link he wants you to buy from actually goes to www.RichJerk.com which is his infomercial product.

In other words he is using us to drive traffic to his clickbank website and then he underhandedly diverts your potential buyer over to his infomercial product so you have no way of getting credit for the sale.

I caught him doing this a few months ago and I lodged a complaint with Clickbank who finally confronted the Rich Jerk and made him stop .

It seems now that some time has gone by and he figures he will do it again.

My rich jerk sales have come to a complete halt over the last two weeks because of it.

I have contacted ClickBank once again but have not heard back from them yet.

I am sending this message out to everyone and anyone in an effort to get this scumbag to STOP this Sneaky, Low handed practice.

He is RIPPING OFF his own affiliates

He really is a JERK

I encourage all ClickBank affiliates to pass this on.

If there is anyway you can help me to spread the word about this SCUM BAG please contact me at

vstar, Sep 26, 2006 IP
  8. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    Bump..Bump,, I bet he isn't the oly one doing this underhanded stuff..Why don't ya Digg him and bring some attention to his antics that way..Thanks for the heads up!!

SFOD_D223, Sep 28, 2006 IP
    fiasco likes this.
  9. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    does this still happen ?

If yes i'll remove my link immediately.

GeorgR., Dec 13, 2006 IP
  10. Franck S

Franck S Peon

Best Answers:
    A good way to avoid this is to rewrite the sales letter and use affiliate cloner. You promote, presell, and make the sale.

You control the process from beginning to the end.

Franck S, Dec 13, 2006 IP
  11. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    any legal problems doing this ? i mean (i assume) the target-site still makes the sale...and not me :) I do get the commision tho. But the main sale still happens at the target site....eg. RJ.

GeorgR., Dec 14, 2006 IP
  12. druzilla

druzilla Guest

Best Answers:
    errr.. you still get commission even if somebody buys through the link from his emails.. sure he may send you to www.therichjerk.com

but the cookie is already on the customers computer so the affiliate that referred them to the site still gets commission

many many vendors do this.

druzilla, Dec 14, 2006 IP
  13. exolis

exolis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If the visitors go back to www.therichjerk.com then sure, cookie has already been set and affiliates will get the commission.

BUT if the visitors are being redirected to www.richjerk.com (without "the"), then there's a problem.

www.richjerk.com sells the book at only $39.95 and it's affiliate program is managed by CJ. Clickbank affiliates who drive traffic to the first site stand to lose if visitors decide to buy the cheaper version later.

I myself have seen zero sales for the Rich Jerk ebook. I have completely stopped promoting RJ and concentrating on paid surveys sites.

my 1 cent's worth... :)

exolis, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  14. Winsock

Winsock Peon

Best Answers:
    I've always found clickbank products to be a good place to send some traffic however as already noted in the thread it's a good idea to have a look at the site you're promoting as if you were someone interested in buying the product.

I've seen countless sites that are geared more toward collecting a users name and email than sending them to the purchase page, or sites that focus on getting visitors to purchase through paypal or some other means that you will not get credit for as a clickbank affiliate.

Winsock, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  15. druzilla

druzilla Guest

Best Answers:
    oh man, i didnt see the difference in the url..

yeah, that IS rude

druzilla, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  16. ebay_addict

ebay_addict Peon

Best Answers:
    OMG thanks for letting me know! No wonder my sales suddenly dropped!!:mad:

ebay_addict, Jan 16, 2007 IP