1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does CJ Stand For Con Job? Beware of Commision Junction!

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by xinnek, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Pat Gael

Pat Gael Banned

Best Answers:
    I have been twice with CJ since 2000 and no money, just scam after scam arguing "deactivated advertisers" and things like that, as happened to many, other people around.

Pat Gael, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  2. duzins

duzins Peon

Best Answers:
    cj has not been very lucrative for me either. a few months ago an advertiser sent me this email when I questioned why I had no sales (though I knew for a fact at least a handful had converted because site visitors told me they bought through the link):

So, in essence their answer was, screw you, we got the sale but you get no commission. And, since then (months later), I have continued to promote the offer to no success (not even one click registers). The company does not return further emails. I'm reporting them to CJ.

This is not the first time I've gotten one of these letters from a CJ advertiser, however, though I have to admit I have gotten them consistently from 1 Linkshare advertiser too.

Pisses me off.

duzins, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  3. js2006

js2006 Guest

Best Answers:
    What about your ctr? CJ tracking cookies are set by clicks not impressions. Your traffic have to be targed.

js2006, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  4. Robert Allen

Robert Allen Peon

Best Answers:
    Last time i checked what CJ ment, it ment Carl Johnson on GTA San Andreas.

Cron job, Con Job, Commison Junction.

I am unsure what evidence you need to prove what you have said in the thread, but CTR, amount of clicks, amount of impressions. Any warning emails, any information else which will help.

Rob

Robert Allen, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  5. kapuk

kapuk Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have a sweet and sour experience with CJ. I ve try to promote some Cj's affiliate throught Adword campain. I have lost more than $200 for Adword with many clicks from Cj but genarating no sale for me. But with the same ads and keywords and make some money in Microsoft Ad Centre. I think tracking between Adword and CJ have the problem. It may not credit for you any sale.

kapuk, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  6. bnut23

bnut23 Peon

Best Answers:
    I went after the money from web hosting companies too, without any luck. I've had okay success with Ebay, but nothing to get too excited about. I'm actually getting pretty frustrated because I've had a ton of clicks through Adwords, but haven't had any sales in a long time.

bnut23, Nov 11, 2006 IP
  7. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    I hate them because they ban the publishers just because they are inactive or they could not get any sales, seems i should buy something from my own referral next time :D

amitpatel_3001, Nov 11, 2006 IP
  8. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    Yes, you should, because applying all over again is a pain and takes up precious time, and there are many affiliate operators who don't care if you purchase things via your own links.

www.AmCy.org, Nov 11, 2006 IP
  9. eSpenders.com

eSpenders.com Peon

Best Answers:
    i think the problem is a lot of the ads go to pages on thier site with links to thier affiliates where you dont make money but they do!
    i came across alot of these while browsing the ads!
    they are just using cj.com for ad/banner space!
    wish i could do that!

eSpenders.com, Nov 12, 2006 IP
  10. The Saint

The Saint Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm making over 100.00$ USD A day with 0 investment.

I'm VERY happy with Commison Junction.

The Saint, Nov 13, 2006 IP
  11. techblology

techblology Member

Best Answers:
    so what are the best programs to promote with cj?

techblology, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  12. steveb

steveb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Adword clicks aren't equivalent to sales. You still have to convert those clicks into a lead or sale. For all you know, your visitors could be coming to your site, and then leaving right away. It's hard enough keeping a visitor on your site, but even harder to get a sale out of them. I would recommend you pinpoint a very specific niche market, and do some hardcore link building. In my opinion, organic search results always bring higher conversions than paid traffic.

steveb, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  13. bnut23

bnut23 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not paying for traffic for my site. I was using an Adwords campaign for affiliate sales. I have a couple of campaigns for very specific products that I was getting several clicks through organic search.

bnut23, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  14. Grokodile

Grokodile Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had some luck with CJ, but it seems to be very hit and miss. However, from reading this thread it sounds like some people are trying to promote some shady companies.

Grokodile, Nov 17, 2006 IP