1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does CJ Stand For Con Job? Beware of Commision Junction!

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by xinnek, Oct 21, 2006.

The first time I was with Commission Junction was about 2 years ago. They had thousands of impressions but according to them............. No Sales. Then at the first of this year, I had another DPer praise them, claiming their conversion rates were huge. So I tried them again.

Well, after about 7 months and tens of thousands of impressions later, I didn't even make .01 and they disabled my account with no notice at all. WTF is wrong with these people? During the same time, on just one of my sites, with the same type and size of ad, I made over $500.00 through another affilliate. I had even swapped the ad positions back and forth, but still nothing. my other affiliate reported nearly twice the impressions that cj did also, even though they were on the same page, WTF is up with that.

In My Opinion, I believe CJ is up to no good. I highly suggest that if you're interested in Commission Junction, you check out all the people who have had their accounts disabled for no reason, incorrect impressions or the hundreds of other complaints I hear about them. I think the only ones saying good stuff about them on forums may even be employed by them. Again, IMO, stay away from Commission Junction and Warn everyone you talk to.

xinnek, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  2. AngelaR

AngelaR Guest

Best Answers:
    Just out of curiosity what was the Affiliate company that you made the $500.00 with ?? :)

AngelaR, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  3. adfunk

adfunk Peon

Best Answers:
    thumbs up for xinnek for bringing this matters, im also like u promoting cj for nearly 3 years and got dust in my pocket and even hole it up damn CJ agree with its a CON JOB BUSH cronny doing all the conned thing!!!

adfunk, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  4. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    Without solid proof not many people will believe you to be honest :/

Seiya, Oct 21, 2006 IP
    mad4 likes this.
  5. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:

This is a bit funny but you know what I have the exact same problem thousands of impressions but no sales or leads. I wish there was a tracking system whereby an affiliate could track his sales or leads.

ryanman, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  6. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    I'm willing to bet that folks who have no revenue with CJ are trying to make it with web hosting programs. Those programs are VERY enticing because they offer very high commission, but for most people they simply don't generate sales. I am writing from experience here: I almost gave up on CJ altogether years ago because I started with the web hosting programs. None worked for me. I made not even one red penny for months. I then tried other programs --not related to hosting in any way -- on my other web properties, and now CJ provides me with a very significant income each and every month.

Bottom line: CJ.com is an great system, just watch out for those web hosting programs.

As always, IMO.

www.AmCy.org, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  7. widewebtalk

widewebtalk Peon

Best Answers:
    I am very pleased with CJ im my own experience i have earned with them from 1 site only.

Also i deliver the banners using phpadsnew so i can also track clicks to compare with CJ reports.

widewebtalk, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  8. tstaut

tstaut Active Member

Best Answers:
    I made over $2500 with them last month, lots of other people have made much more than that... you sure it's CJ and not the fact that you're doing it all wrong?

tstaut, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  9. hmc

hmc Peon

Best Answers:
    agreed with www.AmCy.org, webhosting is bad to promote as for beginning, because this market too saturated.

hmc, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  10. KGL

KGL Peon

Best Answers:
    Been with CJ for over a year, I've never had a problem.
    Sounds like you guys are doing something wrong.

KGL, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  11. tradeepak

tradeepak Banned

Best Answers:
    CJ Sucks!

Very bad experience with them...

WTF, we cant talk to the network Quality Dept!

tradeepak, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  12. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    Yup, waaaaaay too saturated. People signup for a plan, then cancel the next day after they find a better deal, and there are infinite hosting companies offering deals these days.

Bottom line: CJ isn't the problem. If you have a high quality, legit traffic, then you will do just fine with CJ. If no success with web hosting, try something else. They have a lot of programs, and they're adding new programs every day.

www.AmCy.org, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  13. cosmonaut

cosmonaut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I must have signed up with 10-15 advertisers, but only a couple actually earn a single cent, but those pay quite well on occasions
    Think about who visits your site, and whether they actually want the products offered. Would you buy the product listed?

cosmonaut, Oct 25, 2006 IP
  14. xinnek

xinnek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmmmmmm........ Unless there's some secret button I have to push, I don't think so. I haven't had any problems with other companies. Unless CJ is doing something completely different, I'm stumped.

Don't mean to attack the company, just tired and frustrated from the games they played with me. I know of a lot of other publishers that seem to have the same problems. Then, I also see several publishers that rave about CJ. Doesn't matter if some are getting paid, if all are not.

Ever heard of a Ponzi scheme? Some marks make a lot of money, but the majority lose everything. I'm not saying that CJ is doing this, but IMO, something isn't right. There's a problem somewhere. Maybe it's in the scripts, maybe something we're using isn't compatible. I don't know, I just know I showed their ads a lot and made nothing, nada, do dough. Not even one cent. ??????? Maybe you're right, maybe I just did it all wrong. Won't have to worry about doing it "wrong" no more,

xinnek, Oct 28, 2006 IP
  15. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, from what I understand Commission Junction uses Cookies to track sales and it seems like program such as Spybot : Search and Destroy would remove the CJ tracking cookies by default. It is possible that either the advertisers are not attractive enough or that the cookies have been removed so tracking could not be done.

I did not have much success with CJ too but I still add them to my pages because the banners brightens up the site. :)

eddy2099, Oct 28, 2006 IP
  16. typedrobin

typedrobin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this is a very interesting view

typedrobin, Oct 29, 2006 IP
  17. ajeetroy

ajeetroy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I have been member of cj for almost 6-7 months. My experinece has been good with them. Being an Indian I do not get approved for lots of advertisers. This is where I do not feel good. I started looking out for affiliate programs that have good payout and does not restrict me from advertising a good program. Luckily I found clickbooth, I applied, got a call and then got approved. To my surprise I fould some programs that pay upto $325 per lead. To back that you have CPM and CPC offers. Good support, timely payout.

http://affliateprograms.blogspot.com/

Check out guys.

Cheers
    Ajeet

ajeetroy, Oct 29, 2006 IP
  18. JessNJ

JessNJ Peon

Best Answers:
    Just as an FYI - if your new account doesn't make ANY sales after the first 6 months, they can cancel it with no notice at any time.

I found that out the hard way with a new site. After calling them and asking, they explained that it's what they do, but told me I could create a new account with no problem, and as long as there was any commission made, the account would stay open.

So that's probably why the account was closed with no notice.

Since I opened the new account though, everything has been going well.

JessNJ, Nov 1, 2006 IP
  19. apples2apple

apples2apple Peon

Best Answers:
    For the disable I am not sure if this is the case, but I heard they delete counts that has got 1 single sale in six months which make cents to me.

apples2apple, Nov 1, 2006 IP
  20. axemedia

axemedia Guest

Best Answers:
    Yup, same here. Didn't have a clue what i was doing when i started. And my sites just plain sucked and didn't get much traffic.

I was pissed off, and confused, after they closed my account. Emailed them to ask WTF was up and they said i could simply open another account and try again.

Now i make a few sales once in a while. Still need to get more traffic though.

axemedia, Nov 2, 2006 IP