1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does choosing the right business name really matter?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by soflo, Feb 13, 2022.

1. Marian30

Marian30 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Business names do have power. Don`t skip that step. It is your first impression with your customers.
    Your name is supposed to be memorable to make it easy to
    • search your brand in the internet
    • spread and share with relatives and friends
    Branding begins with a name...

Marian30, Apr 12, 2022 IP
    JoeSpirit, mmerlinn and jrbiz like this.
  2. gioprise

gioprise Peon

Best Answers:
    A name that`s easy to remember is important but a great name with a terrible reputation means nothing. If a tree falls in the forest theory right? What good is a great name if people don`t know it exist?

gioprise, Jun 6, 2022 IP
  3. Gadgetz1

Gadgetz1 Peon

Best Answers:
    YES! A strong brand is the most effective barrier to entrance.

Gadgetz1, Jun 6, 2022 IP
  4. Vincent Tang

Vincent Tang Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Choosing a good name really matters mate But since you have another business If has really done good and many people know by that name I would go by that name since introduction branding has already done and sales would come easily but it depends

Vincent Tang, Jul 1, 2022 IP
  5. streamplicity

streamplicity Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah it definitely does matter - at least the part that's facing consumers.
    My current business is Teknosophy - I thought I was clever, creating a portmanteau of words meaning "technical" and "wisdom". It sounded great to me, but maybe only 5-10 out of my thousands of clients can pronounce or spell it. I still get tons of word of mouth, but they just tell their friends to "call Marc" and that's that.

streamplicity, Jul 3, 2022 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  6. Gardahn

Gardahn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Of course, what's the question... Business name is the very first thing which the potential customers see before they make a decision whether they want to attend your business or not. It happens within milliseconds, you know. I, as a customer, always pay attention to the names and if it seems to me quite ridiculous, then I perhaps stay off the idea to attend particular place.

That's why many businesses try to do everything in order to create a brand name and the design. It's super mandatory in case you want your business to prosper.

Gardahn, Aug 17, 2022 IP
  7. Harvey Wolf

Harvey Wolf Member

Best Answers:
    Yes and No - may I explain? It does matter of course it does, you sell 'pears' and your brand name keeps referring to say 'home accessories' the two have nothing in common. How would you expect your audience, your prospective customers to come to you for 'pears' when they think you are all about something else? They won't even think you can help, right?

That said, with the right marketing, consistently behind your brand name (and of course if it's memorable, quirky etc.) can go a long way in establishing your brand identity, regardless of the final image or branding.

You only have to look at some of the current long-standing brand names, or even symbols for that matter! The one that looks like a big tick :) (I don't even need to mention the name, I am sure it has already 'popped' into the minds of many.

Perhaps the name or symbol itself may mean nothing, but over time with persistent marketing, the right type of advertising at the right time in the right place, attracting their ideal audiences, they have firmly cemented themselves into the minds of others. :)

Harvey Wolf, Aug 20, 2022 IP
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    No. I can't think of any brand name that look like a big tick. What is it?

qwikad.com, Aug 20, 2022 IP
  9. MargoFarrel

MargoFarrel Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, of course. Your company name plays a monumental role in a brand's growth and perception. It creates an image of the brand for potential customers, it shares the idea of what the company is about, and it's the most important keyword for internet searches! This is what we are talking about!

MargoFarrel, Aug 26, 2022 IP
    cronik likes this.
  10. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It matters. But seriously, don't spend too much time overthinking it.

cronik, Aug 26, 2022 IP
  11. jaguar34

jaguar34 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not important. The thing that matters is ranking on Google.

jaguar34, Aug 26, 2022 IP
  12. Randall Magwood

Randall Magwood Active Member

Best Answers:
    Choosing the right business name does matter, because it helps correlate your business name to what you sell. It should be seen as a promotional brand name tactic that makes people think of you instantly whenever they need your kind of product or service in their life now.

Randall Magwood, Oct 6, 2022 IP