1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does blogging still make money?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by designervalley, Aug 25, 2008.

What are the ways to create the blogs and its benefits.. Please describe

designervalley, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  2. Jalpari

Jalpari Notable Member

Best Answers:
    its a vast subject,
    1- in shot register a free blog at www.blogspot.com (don't use wordpress CMS as a free blog, otherwise u will lose adsense ac)
    2- signup for adsense and place ads, www.google.com/adsense
    3- Blog should be content rich, and u should post atleast weekly (Its a key of blogging)

Benefits: are unlimited. You will get new hobby, or some extra income source.

If u need any further assistance let me know via pm.

Jalpari, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  3. designervalley

designervalley Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your comments and Im seeking something new other than stuff like adsense.

Can you tell me any more... would prefer to have discussion with you here with in my thread limitations.

4. GP Guru

GP Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    You can put Amazon, AdSense, Kontera or whatever you like on there, but they will only make peanuts unless you have a lot of traffic. Best way to build that is content which is good and fresh.

The most successful blogs are those "selling the shovels" (e.g. how to get rich by blogging!), which become self fulfilling in a way.

GP Guru, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  5. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have had my blog up for just about 3 months and Adsense is the way to go. All in all, there is no secret to making lots of money with blogs. Traffic is the key. The more traffic, the more money.

r3dt@rget, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  6. kcvale

kcvale Active Member

Best Answers:

If you don't mind my asking, how much are you making after only 3 months?

kcvale, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  7. player82

player82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    it you can drive more traffic and use ads wisely, you can make money.

player82, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  8. kittyluver

kittyluver Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes...Still most of the online marketers are minting money like anything. Blog is having enough opportunity to earn money online.

kittyluver, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  9. alrofaee

alrofaee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Create good content then try to get backlinks.
    register to Adsense and Commission Junctions.
    It's basic way to earn from your blog.
    That all :)

alrofaee, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  10. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well so far today I have made about $3 with 50+ clicks using Adsense and Adbrite. I dont really have an average right now because it keeps going up steadily. I had around 5000 unique visitors yesterday and earned over $3, and I expect that higher today. This is on my blog, http://www.sourhumor.com/

As you can see over 50 clicks yielding less than $4 is not that great. But with a good niche you can make more.

r3dt@rget, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  11. designervalley

designervalley Peon

Best Answers:
    Not much... As i want Im not getting like the way..

12. designervalley

designervalley Peon

Best Answers:
    So i think for maintain the blogs i need to search the key words traffic and then put into blogs? right?

13. roosevelt

roosevelt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dude it's paying for my college. Blogging doens't make you money, quality bloggign does ;)

roosevelt, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  14. designervalley

designervalley Peon

Best Answers:
    well its fine but can you told me a step by step procedure to maintain the blogs. I will really appreciate you. :)

designervalley, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  15. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There is no magical answer to making money. You have to work really hard. Search engines will make you money so focus on them. Do SEO work to your blog. Research keywords, etc. Try hard to rank well for your selected keywords because that is where your traffic will come from. Once you have a good amount of traffic you will start making money with ads.

There is no step by step procedure. Just post quality unique content that is keyword rich, also if you post images make sure to use the ALT tag and insert a keyword in there, also make sure you post a few times a week. It takes months of hard work but it will pay off!!! I know this because a few days ago I finally ranked #2 for "funny picture" in Google Images, now I am receiving over 30,000 hits a day from that one search result. And before that i was lucky to get 300 unique visitors a day. Now im getting over 5,000 UV's a day. It will pay off, you just have to work toward it.

r3dt@rget, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  16. theresabloginmysoupdotcom

theresabloginmysoupdotcom Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you make money blogging? Quick answer is yes. Will YOU make money blogging? That is the question you should ask.

Blogging is a tough and competitive field right now, everyone dreams of working from home and not having to go to a job, but life isn't always that easy. If you're willing to work 80 hours per week to start for less money than your day job, and can keep adding new content daily (at least 3 times per day), then you stand a good chance of making it at blogging.

The more content you add the more money you make, it's that simple.

You also need to combine social media with your blogging efforts - find as many people as you can related to your niche and build relationships. Fostering relationships will ensure you have readers who keep coming back for more.

You also need to focus on building your brand where ever possible. It's a constant struggle, but if you do come out ahead it's one that will be very rewarding.

(Note the 80 hours per week lessens as you become more and more established, heck John Chow used to write like 3-5 posts per day, and now it's way down from that, sometimes 3-5 per week, and he's still breaking the bank.)

17. Bourne Ultimatist

Bourne Ultimatist Peon

Best Answers:
    If you do it properly, of course you can make money. Depends on your niche. For non-tech aware niches, use CPC programs like Adsense. For other niches, you can sell projects, direct ads etc..

Bourne Ultimatist, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  18. harshagarwal5

harshagarwal5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i dont think blogging makes a lot of money unless you have an excellent writing skills.. there are thousands of excellent bloggers on web who are making money... this space is getting too much congested!!

harshagarwal5, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  19. designervalley

designervalley Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks buddy for a proper information.... :) i will implement the stuff as you discussed in the post and then let you know if i need any help. Thanks again... :)

designervalley, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  20. geekexplains

geekexplains Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice points. Quality and Rich Content, Frequency of posts, and SEO - possibly the three key points every blogger should always have in mind. Of course it's easier said than done and it may require quite a long time to get significant results depending upon how much time can you afford to give.

If you have just started then it's probably better not to start thinking about money straightaway. Get an AdSense a/c, place Ads, and forget about Traffic, Money, etc. at least for some time. Difficult to forget, but making blogging a hobby might help you doing that as you'll start enjoying it then. Just focus on building as good and as rich content (fresh) base as you can. Everything else (including money) will hopefully follow.

Thanks,
    Geek
    http://geekexplains.blogspot.com

geekexplains, Aug 26, 2008 IP