1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Autosurf Agains adsense TOS

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by PinoyIto, Sep 6, 2005.

I ask this question 4 times in google but they don't bother to email me back... since I heard that people from adsense are part of this community now, hope to get repply from them.

Does using autosurf to promote site with adsense ads against the TOS?

PinoyIto, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  2. Bryan

Bryan Active Member

Best Answers:
    What's the website?

One thing they don't allow is MLM, so if you have referrals, you can only have one level.

Bryan, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  3. PinoyIto

PinoyIto Notable Member

Best Answers:
    We are talking of autosurf here not mlm.... so what I am asking is legitimate autosurf site like cheapclicks.net and the other like site

PinoyIto, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  4. eski

eski Peon

Best Answers:
    Prohibited Clicks and Impressions

Any method that artificially generates clicks or impressions is strictly prohibited. These prohibited methods include but are not limited to: repeated manual clicks or impressions, incentives to click or to generate impressions, using robots, automated click- and impression- generating clicking tools, or other deceptive software. Please note that clicking on your own ads for any reason is prohibited, to avoid potential inflation of advertiser costs.

Please look at this address : https:// www. google. com/ adsense / policies

eski, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  5. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Hey, Ed, what exactly is what you want to do? I don't understand what an "autosurf" site does

fryman, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  6. PinoyIto

PinoyIto Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am planning to buy a traffic from autosurf site to increase my site traffic and hopping to get some click from this traffic but I am not sure if this kind of traffic is against adsense.

I don't think they are deceptive software....

PinoyIto, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  7. miracle

miracle Peon

Best Answers:
    An autosurf site is a program where you can add your sites into the rotator. When you open the surfbar, you earn credits to rotate your site with the others.

At the meantime, you also earn cash surfing the required number of sites per day.

miracle, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  8. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    They aren't, but this sort of traffic is never going to perform. The surfers are on your page for an entirely different reason. They probably don't hold any interest in the subject at all, nevermind the adverts. They are primarily surfing either for 'credits' of some kind - usually to get the same kind of useless traffic for their site, or for a measly cent per hour or something.

Just start submitting articles to the article banks, you will soon see a trickle of traffic which converts.

Articles cost £2.50 / $5.00 each. Purchase a few, submit them for your keywords and hook them into visiting your site. This really is the easiest method at the moment, but it's only a trickle. Your money would be better spent doing this then purchasing traffic. Articles are quite the investment as they will bring you traffic for a long, long time.. the more you have out there, the more traffic you will get. ..Then there's the added SEO benefits of articles: Relevant back-links with anchor text and what not.

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  9. Jenstar

Jenstar Active Member

Best Answers:
    If visitors are earning cash or credits for viewing your site, that is not permitted, as per the policies they updated a couple weeks back. It includes "surfing websites" because of CPM ads, and people viewing your pages with this kind of program are not surfing to your page out of true interest and normal surfing habits, but rather because of the incentive of credits or money.

These kind of things could definitely affect your smart pricing as well, since even if someone clicked (some people in these programs do it to be "nice")it very likely wouldn't convert. And then you will earn even less per click.

And lastly, people have been suspended for participating in traffic schemes such as this.

You are better off putting this money towards pay per click ads - even low $ terms - and get actual targeted traffic that way. There are people that do quite well doing "in with Adwords/Overture/etc, out with AdSense", and many do it entirely with 5 cent or 10 cent ads.

Jenstar, Sep 7, 2005 IP
  10. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I have to agree, even if it were technically legal, it would probably hurt your revenue substantially.

Not to mention you are likely delivering traffic with extremely low relevancy.

The question is are you trying to build a community/site with interest and value, or are you just trying to game adsense until they kick you out?

Why not focus on methods that will deliver you relvent traffic and potentially interested visitors instead of trying to get "magic" traffic that is likely to offer any real value to you and probably jeopardize the long-term viability of your site?

aeiouy, Sep 7, 2005 IP
  11. programmer

programmer Guest

Best Answers:
    i think the ways which are not natural are against their tos. like creating scripts for auto surf. Normally the websites who sell traffic do that.

programmer, Sep 7, 2005 IP
  12. junksampah

junksampah Guest

Best Answers:
    I think if u advertise your website on auto serve.. it does not really point encourage them to click.. but rather to view... I think if people just view your product website..don't u think u are just promoting your product site rather than the small google ads? If we cannot even promote our product on our website because of google adsense... don't u think it is against most company objective?

junksampah, Sep 8, 2005 IP
  13. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Except Autosurf is used to pad your stats, not bring qualified visitors

yfs1, Sep 8, 2005 IP
  14. monRa

monRa Peon

Best Answers:
    Just read the TOS :lol:
    make them a call

monRa, Sep 8, 2005 IP
  15. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Jenstar already answered it (Post #9 in this thread)...It is against the TOS

yfs1, Sep 8, 2005 IP
  16. junksampah

junksampah Guest

Best Answers:
    ok... it is against TOS

junksampah, Sep 8, 2005 IP