1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does article marketing work anymore?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by YMC, Jan 13, 2011.

1. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ezine and other article directories make their money from running ads. They let you put articles in their site as long as you agree to have ads all over them. People have been running ads on the Internet for many years and have a pretty good system down. Certain areas get more clicks then others in good areas the average clicks are usually around 1-3% in poor areas expect less.

In article directories your ad is in a poor area, because the article directory owners have the good areas and most article submitters have no clue and never notice.

So when people start saying they are getting 10times 20times 25times more clicks then the average and their ad is in a very poor spot? I call BS..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

averyz, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  2. DPParadise

DPParadise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your ad still get most of clicks if it looks like obvious article prolonging

DPParadise, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  3. True Solution

True Solution Guest

Best Answers:
    The plain and simple truth to the matter is this: Article Marketing is a Tool and a Technique and it works to the level you intend on it to work to, while remaining realistic.

For example - Articles do gain traffic, both from searches and from other people using your article. If you use your own name then your articles also show off your writing ability, your knowledge and can hint at the skills you and knowledge you possess.

Articles however are only one tool, you have you apply those tools correctly to achieve results and apply them along with other tools and techniques.

Why use purely articles to gain all of your traffic when there are other methods available?

It would make more sense to spend some time mastering the article technique, and spend other time mastering Facebook Viral techniques, and other time mastering video marketing techniques.

Effective Internet Marketing is a complete package - there are many elements to it.

But the answer to your question: Yes, Article Marketing does work.
    The Secret: How to correctly write and use your articles.

Steven
    True Solution

True Solution, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  4. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OK, Steven, so how does one correctly write and use their articles? Care to share here on the forums? Or are you too offering yet another "program", "solution" or "special offer" that for one low price will share with us your secret sauce?

YMC, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  5. CEILA

CEILA Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with Steve. I don't rely on ONE technique (like article marketing) for my Internet marketing, either. He's right in saying that a success Online is the result of using multiple techniques well. Personally, I believe in the results produced by articles, BUT I generate very good results by using Twitter and probably THE best results with my feeds. These answers are probably confusing to newbies who're looking for THE answer: the truth is, there isn't ONE, there are several.

CEILA, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  6. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wholeheartedly agree that the "answer" lies in multiple avenues of attack. My question from the beginning has been is there anyone using AM who can actually show some metrics, say site logs, backlinks, etc that show AM has worked for them. Obviously the awarding of PR or SERPs can't be as easily proven but there's plenty that can be.

I'm all for putting forth effort to achieve results but I'm not a fan of wasting my time in an endeavor that only truly pays off for others to profit from at my expense.

YMC, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  7. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    There really isn't any way to prove it.

Perry Rose, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  8. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sure there is...one of the promoters of MA would simply need to share their userid on EZA and anyone could research if their articles have gained backlinks from the article being distributed and whether or not people retained the bio box. That's what I did with the folks and their "special offers" and secret sauce ebooks. How else would I have known they haven't written anything new in 2 years except more special offers peddling their ebooks? Doesn't EZA also display the number of views an article receives? All of that information would be plenty to see if AM provides anything more than what a guest blog does.

Whether or not they get any traffic would also be provable via site logs but we all know how easy that would be to photoshop.

YMC, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  9. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    No, I meant in regard to ranking in the search engines.

Sorry.

Perry Rose, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  10. Seeker2011

Seeker2011 Peon

Best Answers:
    I work as a content manager (webmaster if you like for a writers community) and we have thousands of freelance writers that you could talk to and hire for projects. Our site is FREE - and there is no charge for anybody, members or others. The site only makes its little bit of money from advertisers.

Ed
    http://www.writersviews.com

Seeker2011, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  11. tinycoin

tinycoin Active Member

Best Answers:
    no more...now Online social networks are the King.

Article marketing event doesn't work with SEO...

tinycoin, Jan 25, 2011 IP
  12. DPParadise

Best Answers:
    tinycoin, please stop spreading BS.

DPParadise, Jan 25, 2011 IP
  13. linkem

linkem Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to work for a company that consistently saw a higher than average CTR. I'm not saying it was insanely good, but it was at least 50%. The way they did it was very simple: they had their customer database divided up into different areas with different interests. They sold great products, but they also only contacted people who had chosen to sign up to one of their mailing lists for a very niche selection of products/information. They didn't throw tons of unrelated products in one email. Often one email = one product, and emails were sent maybe once a month on average (obviously with so many different areas they were sending more than one email a month). They also only had two or three links in the email so people didn't get distracted. And they didn't have spammy subject lines.

Had Google benefits as well.

The problem is that this isn't applicable to all fields (or even most fields), because you could never increase your CTR on Google search, for example.

linkem, Jan 25, 2011 IP
  14. DPParadise

Best Answers:
    How is so ? You can create better adwords ad.

DPParadise, Jan 25, 2011 IP
  15. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, you are all right there is no money in Article Marketing from the submitters pov, so just move along and leave all the clicks for me :D

Kraven2, Jan 25, 2011 IP
  16. ichliebe

ichliebe Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course work.

ichliebe, Jan 25, 2011 IP
  17. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes because the CTR on SPAM is so good.:rolleyes:

averyz, Jan 25, 2011 IP
  18. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    CTR is a matter of selecting the right Article Directories to submit to. Choose the ones that allow links in the article body and watch the CTR go up significantly.

Kraven2, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  19. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hummmzz.. I see I am dealing with a bunch of amateurs here.

100% CTR Read'em and Weep Fools.

[​IMG]

averyz, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  20. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I smell BS and a photoshop job :D

Kraven2, Jan 26, 2011 IP