1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does anyone think there's better??

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Homer, Feb 9, 2005.

I have been an AdSense publisher for about 8 months.

When I started AdSense my original intent was not to look at the revenue as much as adding spice and variety on my site...getting a few pennies on a click while your visitor exits is a bonus!

Over the last few months I have been forced to rethink my online strategy resulting from the AdSense success that continues to grow as the popularity of my websites grow.

I have tried a few other programs such as fastclick. I find that nothing comes close to the honest earning potential that Google offers you through AdSense.
    SEMrush
    Is anyone aware of any programs that even come close?

Homer, Feb 9, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    I has been said many times here that adsense is the best ppc program out there.

exam, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  3. my3cents

my3cents Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe Google shares a higher percentage than all the other competitor ppc firms. I've seen some folks guess at 50%, but I think the number is closer to 75%. They have consistently been an honest company, and I think we are seeing the benefits of them running an honest program with great payout percentages.

I would welcome competition (ie - Overture), but my loyalty is growing more and more every day to the mighty G...

my3cents, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  4. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the feedback, my suspisions are confirmed. However I think the payout (Share) Is much less than the percentages mentioned by my brother my3cents ;-)

I have been a subscriber of AdWords for much loger that AdSense. I have a pretty good idea of what I pay for clicks. By my calculations I am seeing 10-20% payed to the Adsense newspaper boys, which is still quite generious compared to any other PPC program I have researched.

I am really pleased with the results I am getting from AdSense, but can't help but fearing what is found on this thread http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=9079

Homer, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  5. my3cents

my3cents Peon

Best Answers:
    Ha... well my brother, you may be more informed since I am not an avid user of the Adwords program. In any case, I think we are all grateful. The best we can do is stick to the rules and run a clean shop. If you have a long history of solid stats with G, I think they will be a little more lenient before dropping you for good. At least that is my hope...;-)

my3cents, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  6. 12FreeForums

12FreeForums Peon

Best Answers:
    For the small fish (non premium publishers, under 20 million monthly impressions) they pay a smaller percentage then the premium publishers. Those guys get a large cut and they get to be much more flexible with the ads.

12FreeForums, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  7. Marian

Marian Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried Adsonar? I'm currently testing it...but read that it's quite good 'replace' of AdSense (or partner :confused: ).

Marian, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  8. pg20706

pg20706 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a website with adsense and it makes decent money for me every month. I plan to build more websites. I also have a job so that my mortgage will be paid if G closes my account.

pg20706, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  9. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    I would welcome some competition. It's uncomfortable knowing that G can forfiet accounts at will.

david_sakh, Feb 10, 2005 IP