1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does anyone suggest a hosting review site?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Soni Simmons, May 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I have a website. At present it's hosting with GoDaddy, but i want to make a switch to other hosting provider. Can anyone suggest me a reliable web hosting review website?:(

Soni Simmons, May 16, 2013 IP
  2. MB_Brad

MB_Brad Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say, if you are looking for Reviews, checkout WebHostingTalk.com for promotions and reviews.

MB_Brad, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  3. dontstop

dontstop Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,

First of all, I admire running away from GoDaddy!

Can't actually reccomend you a reliable web hosting review website since I don't use them, and I also believe most of them are pretty useless and only cares for affiliate links. Instead, I can suggest you to search "best shared hosting 2013" or something similar to get an actual information. I've done a similar research lately and noted a few hosting providers different than the biggest ones - inmotion hosting, web hosting hub, siteground, ipage, just host (the last two are the budges ones).

But remember, never fully trust reviews. Many of them are paid or tendentious...

Good luck! :)

dontstop, Jun 8, 2013 IP
  4. jay28

jay28 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Once you find a handful that you like come back here and do a forum search to see what other users are saying about it, but remember most people like to post bad reviews instead of good ones, I myself use hostingzoom for many years now for different projects

jay28, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  5. TechK

TechK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Whatever you do don't choose webcare360. I have been with them for 2 or 3 years now and their support department is very horrible. Theybtake forever to reply, only one guy ever replies to me. I asked them to fix something and I am still waiting... I've gone to sleep and woken up to it still not fixed after providing the info they needed.

I've been on their server for years, but recently paid for my own shared vps. My previous experience before i got my own vps was horrible as well because they gave us days upon days of downtime, claiming they were upgrading our servers. When they switched us to our upgraded server it had mechanical defects and had to give us a brand new box which resulted in over a week downtime for me.

They did help when someone was lying about the hosted content on one of the sites and they lied to the person that was lying to them saying we weren't hosted on their servers anymore and that they buckled to their peer pressure to not host us anymore when they were really switching our server again. Which resulted in even more down time and I lost my databases in the process, but the mishap was not their fault, but should be a standard procedure to send you your databases upon exiting their contract, just my opinion though.

Their server takes forever to respond and sites can take almost a whole minute to load sometimes. Could be the site script but I'm receiving bad server responses on the mobile plugin and they just take their sweet time fixing stuff and answering you. Their answers are ALWAYS half ass. They are not very helpful. They take hours to reply.

I figured that being on a quad core shared server would be better than the other cheaper solution, but its exactly then same. Server response time fluctuates but is usually horrible. They will try to talk you out of using cloud flare. Who does that? I use cloud flare to protect my IP and also to make up for their crappy server response time and the site still loads slow often.

That's the truth. Hope it helps. I like them but after all this downtime and horrible support I might be searching for a more reliable server. I like them but this is all what happened so far and I'm not very happy with their services. But they did help when people were harassing our server. So decide what's important to you before deciding.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
    TechK, Jun 15, 2013 IP
  6. Puneetha K

Puneetha K Active Member

Best Answers:
    Look no further than WebHostingTalk.com

Puneetha K, Jun 19, 2013 IP
  7. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am using iPage. Its fairly good. Cheap, fast, and very easy, and comes with lots of extras.

scurvy, Jun 27, 2013 IP
  8. Puneetha K

Puneetha K Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need to read the thread clearly. Its about Hosting reviews sites and not hosting companies..

Puneetha K, Jun 27, 2013 IP
  9. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I recommend webhostingtalk.com

It is a little intimadating to new users looking for reviews, however, you will find honest reviews, as the mods their make all members prove their review.

Everyone there takes pride in outing the scam hosts, or hosts that have little or no ethics.

matt_62, Jul 29, 2013 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.