1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Anyone Have an Opinion on This?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by spidermonkey, May 21, 2004.

If anyone here (and I'm sure some did) received the last WebProNews newsletter (not the one headed by the Google Bomb article, but the "Risky SEO Techniques" one) what was your opinion?

How did you feel about such "blackhat" techniques being publicised that way?

http://www.webproworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=19817

Gives the thread leader the article was based on.

Are they trying to capture a "Black Hat" audience? Are they trying to give examples of techniques that an inexperienced would-be "Black Hatter" could get spotted for before they started getting good at hiding stuff?

Opinions sought...

Mike

spidermonkey, May 21, 2004 IP
  2. dazzlindonna

dazzlindonna Peon

Best Answers:
    Sometimes I think those guys just can't think of anything to talk about, so they go grab some snippets of conversations from a forum and call it an article. They'll get plenty of feedback on that one, I'm sure, regarding whether or not they should publicize black-hat techniques. In any case, it's not like the general webmaster public can't find this stuff elsewhere on the net, so I don't think it's going to cause a massive problem, but of course, the editors might want to think a little harder next time.

dazzlindonna, May 21, 2004 IP
  3. spidermonkey

spidermonkey Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree.

I'm still not sure whether it was dumbness or deviousness on their part. A negative zindex is not the best way of hiding stuff you don't want an algo to find (for instance, and without citing specifics in this nice forum I have promised Shawn I won't mess with too much).

Seemed daft - hope it was just thoughtlessness.

Mike

spidermonkey, May 21, 2004 IP
  4. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like stupidity to me. Why would they let him publish that- it better be just thoughtlessness.

schlottke, May 21, 2004 IP
  5. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Right on

I had thought of telling them about the positives on this forum but then decided that if that is what they want to talk about leave them to go trawl in other places.

I wonder where their noses are right now? :D

Foxy, May 22, 2004 IP
  6. bariatric Surgery

bariatric Surgery Peon

Best Answers:
    are the black hat seo applies any where

bariatric Surgery, Feb 3, 2010 IP