1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does anyone have accurate statistics on ie6 these days?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by tajo, Nov 15, 2008.

Does anyone know what percentage of the browser market ie6 users make up, now in November 2008?

I want to know if it is really worth supporting these users in my website or if I should concentrate on more modern browsers.

tajo, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  2. Aldo

Aldo Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a statistics center... The stats might not be super accurate but they seem to be close to most.

It shows IE6 is used by ~32% of people that use IE, and going down while IE7 is going up :)

Aldo, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  3. jawin

jawin Peon

Best Answers:
    Overall, as expected, Internet Explorer is the most popular browser with 79.5% [a slight decline compared with six months ago], followed by Firefox with 13.6% [a small increase], and then Safari with nearly 5%. Google Chrome usage is not significant yet but that’s unsurprising because it was only released in the middle of my six-month period.

[​IMG]

For Internet Explorer versions, the IE6 usage shows a decrease from 38.8% last time to 32.1% now. IE7 usage has increased from 61% to 67.6% [almost the same as the decline in IE6].

[​IMG]

jawin, May 29, 2009 IP
  4. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    According to NetApps, the most quoted stat site, IE6 was at 17% a couple months ago and falling rapidly.

drhowarddrfine, May 30, 2009 IP
  5. gbit

gbit Active Member

Best Answers:
    IE 6 is very old, so i guess its rate of fall will be avalanche breakdown.

gbit, May 30, 2009 IP
  6. baccifinejewelry

baccifinejewelry Peon

Best Answers:
    Ads placement is good. Now, you only have to do is to get more traffic for your site.

baccifinejewelry, Sep 2, 2010 IP