1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does anyone else get paid to host their clients' websites with a host?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by ChristopherCloud, Jul 9, 2021.

It's just come to my attention that nobody else is doing this. So I am sharing the love... disclaimer: maybe eventually there could be something in it for me ;P

I host the sites I build for clients with a host that pays me to do so. (rev share)

It doesn't make a fortune but it all adds up. Passive income after project handover.

Over the last 8 years I've built just over 100 small business websites in UK.

I'm not going to advertise on here for them but I can put anyone in touch & share the love!!

Most small businesses are happy to pay premium for hosting when you tell them its safer & is dedicated hosting though, not shared (SB owners are not techy at all)
    I think most people who develop, don't actually know how valuable the skills truly are because they are always surrounded by other tech heads
    which is great for learning...steel sharpens steel and all that but majority of the world still can't build a 5 page website & its 2021. thats where the easy bucks are. I make a passive £800p/m and climbing. When I get to 500 sites im semi retiring lmao

ChristopherCloud, Jul 9, 2021 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I do, but there are very good reasons for your clients not to. I always recommend having the domain registration with company A, hosting with company B, and services with company C.

If you fall out with your developer it takes a couple of password changes and they're locked out, they can't hold you to ransom.

sarahk, Jul 9, 2021 IP
  3. ChristopherCloud

ChristopherCloud Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Fair. I agree with that too. I'm just referring to hosting being with a company that pays you, the developer. Similar structure to affiliate marketing.

ChristopherCloud, Jul 11, 2021 IP
  4. FrogeHost

FrogeHost Member

Best Answers:
    Gonna work until it doesn't. What would happen if/when the hosting company gets sold and all previous affiliate agreements are terminated? I don't think you'd have any control over this unless you had signed a contract. Also consider that your clients could move off of the provider you recommended at any time. Granted it's not likely to happen since they're mostly non-techy people but still a possibility.

FrogeHost, Jul 17, 2021 IP