1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does anyone else find CSS easy to learn if you did it?

Discussion in 'CSS' started by jmintuck, Apr 2, 2014.

I had a real good and easy time learning css and css3. I knew HTML from before and just had to get a few reminders, but my website went from a klunky 1990s design to a 2012 and later style because of some work, and reworking it and Cascading Style Sheets. CSS is a KOOL thing to know. I was SO happy with my site looking SO modern and not like a normal site would have looked like 20 years ago.

Have you guys easily learned css and css3? I learned it in little time. Anyone who has learned this, how did you learn? Through the W3C school online or how? I taught myself at said site above.

jmintuck, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  2. kambone

kambone Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes.
    I played with css and html for a hobby project and for 2 months i managed to get a very decent looking websites , with menus, sections, divs and stuff.
    I have very little html experience from the past and i am not a programmer. But i have been around IT and computers since i can remember myself, so probably that helped.

kambone, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  3. meetdilip

meetdilip Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think CSS is not that hard if we put enough effort. Just that we need to know how to use HTML, PHP etc with it.

meetdilip, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  4. elevatetemplates

elevatetemplates Peon

Best Answers:
    W3schools is a good place as a starting point. You can find other useful tutorials on tutorialspoint

elevatetemplates, Apr 3, 2014 IP
  5. samborfc1

samborfc1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I self tought myself HTML and CSS, they are both fairly easy to learn. It was a mixture of W3Schools and just playing about with code.
    I'm now in the process of trying to master PHP and JavaScript, then hopefully I'll be able to build some pretty decent applications!

samborfc1, Apr 3, 2014 IP
    jmintuck likes this.
  6. jmintuck

jmintuck Active Member

Best Answers:
    That will be interesting when I advance that far to samborfc1's upcoming level.

jmintuck, Apr 3, 2014 IP
  7. dedideals

dedideals Member

Best Answers:
    I did it years ago and found it fairly easy, starting to forget now though not doing it enough

dedideals, Apr 3, 2014 IP
  8. jmintuck

jmintuck Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just do brush-ups when you begin to forget. This is the real way to keep it fresh.

jmintuck, Apr 3, 2014 IP
  9. ramosthemes

ramosthemes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes I did. I find front end tools like jsfiddle and codepen handy for learning / practicing CSS. Just don't become reliant on tools like firebug because it makes you lazy after a while! :)

ramosthemes, Apr 6, 2014 IP