1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

does anybody help me? 1 click $281.94

Discussion in 'Bing Ads' started by asiram, Feb 23, 2007.

1. fortgarry

fortgarry Peon

Best Answers:
    I woke up this morning to a $20,000 adcenter bill.

2 clicks yesterday were in excess of $9000 EACH, and many others were as much 10x their Base CPCs.

I called them this morning and they acknowledged they are working on it, my account account is currently on budget pause. The excess charges were corrected this afternoon.

The phone support has been very helpful, but I am losing $$ as my account is paused.

fortgarry, Feb 23, 2007 IP
  2. cianuro

cianuro Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea, I thought it may have been me misplacing a decimal point somewhere yesterday but am very grateful it's resolved. The worst part now is the paused campaign.

cianuro, Feb 23, 2007 IP
  3. Futures_Equity

Futures_Equity Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so did anyone get refunds ? this happened to me as well but not so severe, i am reluctant to create new campaigns if i do not know i will be refunded

Futures_Equity, Feb 25, 2007 IP
  4. swiftmed

swiftmed Peon

Best Answers:
    ouch for people experiencing this problems, MSN better fix it before they start to lose customers, but looks like it'll be fixed, well good :) but thats just horrible on thier part

swiftmed, Feb 25, 2007 IP
  5. jessecooper

jessecooper Peon

Best Answers:
    Ive talked to my rep twice. they still dont know what happened, but they are crediting and refunding acct.s

jessecooper, Feb 25, 2007 IP
  6. mediology

mediology Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yeah my account averages like $40/day and then I log on a couple of days ago and it is at like $350.
    This was realtime via a report so I couldnt see why it spiked but I figured it was just adcenter trying to hit my monthly budget (which they were not even getting me close to it) but then I logged in today to look over my account and it now shows like $61 for that day.
    I guess they fixed it without notification. Im happy about that!

mediology, Feb 25, 2007 IP
  7. Riviera

Riviera Member

Best Answers:
    Yah, not again!

This happened to me several months ago, august I think. They gave me a credit and a lot of B.S. about me being partially to blame, and that after investigating found nothing wrong with their system, although other advertisers had experienced the same problem!

I am responsible for monitoring my own account, was their reply!

This just proves to me now that it wasn't my fault, and I still got screwed with just a partial credit...

My campaign is still on pause after I set it that way as soon as I noticed the problem this time. I am having serious considerations about reseting it back to submit or live mode, because I cannot handle another one of these episodes.

The first time, I wanted a refund, but was told they would only give me credit (and I'm stuck with a huge credit card bill) and an acount that can only be reset on the first of the month, as it remained paused and no-one at adcenter could reset it!

And the real Sh#tty part was that they failed to inform me that the account does indeed reset itself on the first of the month, so it happened again!!!

They then told me I would have to be logged in at the exact time my acount went live to correct the problem as I or no-one could not do it after it jumps the monthly limit!

The second time I got smart, and just deleted my keywords and started over with the credit they gave me...

So unless they fixed this problem and your acount cannot be reset it may happen again,

Just a warning...

Riviera, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  8. theta71

theta71 Peon

Best Answers:
    holy crap, posts like these make me want to quit my account

theta71, Mar 3, 2007 IP
  9. JSantana

JSantana Peon

Best Answers:
    Honestly, after hearing about the whole adcenter canda thing, i was considering using adcenter for a online canadian clothing retailer of mine, now im like, yah, thats going to have to wait a bit.. Atleast they're working on it.
    Im sure Adcenter is great(ive heard it has good ROI), but thats just extreme, I would freak if I got billed hundreds or thousands for clicks that i was planning to spend less than a dollar on?

bottom line, thats pretty wack.

JSantana, Mar 3, 2007 IP
  10. mediology

mediology Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, even though there have been some glitches so far adcenter customer service has been great.
    As mentioned the ads begin again at the start of a new month unless you repause or set an end date. I realized this before it happened but if you dont learn the system these are the types of things which could cost them customers.

Overall I have no problem using them even after the glitches. The traffic is good and the cost per click is reasonable. I'm sure there will be more bugs as it is still new but as long as they continue to resolve them amicably I will continue to use them.

mediology, Mar 3, 2007 IP
  11. falcondriver

falcondriver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    whoa, thats a lot of black jack and hookers :)
    how could this happen if you set a max limit?

falcondriver, Mar 3, 2007 IP