1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

does amazon ban your account as easily as adsense?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by lanmonkey, Jun 13, 2012.

google will ban your adsense account for almost no reason and you will never find out why. Is Amazon like this?
    SEMrush
    what is the most common reason Amazon bans peoples accounts?

lanmonkey, Jun 13, 2012 IP
    SEMrush
  2. freelancewebaz

freelancewebaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you violate TOS on either you'll be banned. The most common thing to get banned from Amazon over is clicking your own links and not providing FCC disclaimers.

freelancewebaz, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  3. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    nihangshah, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  4. lanmonkey

lanmonkey Active Member

Best Answers:
    well the reason I asked was I had 2 adsense accounts banned for no reason, one account was 5 years old. no blackhat stuff, no clicking on my own ads, all my traffic was clean US/UK/CA/AU traffic and they just banned me and gave me no reason.

Do Amazon behave like this?

Also, FCC is a USA thing right? I'm from the UK so does that still apply?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
    lanmonkey, Jun 14, 2012 IP
  5. freelancewebaz

Best Answers:
    Actually in the US it's the FTC my mistake. The UK may have similar requirements regarding disclosure of affiliate links or Amazon might. You're best bet is to read the TOS for your account. Amazon is much more tolerant as long as you're not trying to buy from your own links; however, there are some restrictions on ads placed on the same pages as affiliate links. Also, anything that they could construe as you masquerading as being an official partner of theirs or using their logos can get you banned. If you want to use buttons they have a page of the allowed button graphics.

freelancewebaz, Jun 14, 2012 IP
  6. lanmonkey

lanmonkey Active Member

Best Answers:
    I get the impression that if you get in to trouble with amazon you are at least given more information and more of a chance to fix things right?

Adsense just sends you the cryptic "After reviewing our records, we've determined that your AdSense account poses a risk of generating invalid activity" bullshit and you are banned like the 1000's of other people they ban every day and you are left with no idea why.

Or maybe I am being too trusting and Amazon does this too?

lanmonkey, Jun 14, 2012 IP
  7. MarketingJunkie

MarketingJunkie Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm surprised people even consider promoting Amazon...

... They're just as bad as Google. Because of "tax reporting" reasons, they turn off affiliates on a state-by-state basis without warning.

Plus their payouts are often tiny.

I wrote a 4,000+ word guest blog post about how to fight back against Google (and Amazon)... finally get paid what you're worth to crank out awesome content.

Read more about it here:
    http://www.gauherchaudhry.com/how-to-survive-and-thrive-after-your-google-slap

MarketingJunkie, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  8. cacha

cacha Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google penguin is being sensitive. Some my Amazon autoblogs also got banned. But I suggest its probably on plugins I used.

cacha, Jun 16, 2012 IP
  9. chicagobuy

chicagobuy Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes penguin might not like auto blogs. It wants unique content.

Its best to read TOS of bothe google and Adsense and its not as boing as it may sound!!

Good luck!!

chicagobuy, Jun 16, 2012 IP
  10. shanktan

shanktan Peon

Best Answers:
    fcc disclaimer?
    Can you tell us more detail?
    I test my aff links work or not, and i click on my traffic counter daily log's aff links,that was still Violate TOS?
    Oh GOd I click so many times.and how i can solve this,please help me~!

shanktan, Jun 19, 2012 IP
  11. freelancewebaz

Best Answers:
    The disclaimer is required for affiliates in the US (and maybe even people in other countries that promote stuff on the US Amazon site - not sure about this though). Clicking your own links is a violation of your TOS so don't do it. If you generate the links properly they will work; to be safe just use the associates site for generating links.

freelancewebaz, Jun 20, 2012 IP
  12. wolfmmiii

wolfmmiii Member

Best Answers:
    Tax laws are hardly under the control of Amazon.

Tiny? I make what many consider to be a full-time income from Amazon as an affiliate. Hardly tiny.

wolfmmiii, Jun 20, 2012 IP
  13. V-B

V-B Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    freelancewebaz, I would like to ask: is it just "clicking" your links, or buying from your links instead?

V-B, Jun 21, 2012 IP
  14. freelancewebaz

Best Answers:
    @V-B: You're not supposed to do either.

freelancewebaz, Jun 21, 2012 IP
  15. locke815

locke815 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well if you violate their rules and regulations, why not? You will indeed get banned

locke815, Jun 21, 2012 IP
  16. nuriqbal

nuriqbal Member

Best Answers:
    amazon's rules are not as strict as adsense, all you have to do is don't make cloak affiliate link and play safe :eek:

nuriqbal, Jun 21, 2012 IP
  17. lanmonkey

lanmonkey Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes I have read about cloaking links and other "tricks". This type of stuff is obviously going to get you in trouble with Amazon. This isn't really why I started the thread. I wanted to know if they would do what Google does and ban you adsense account seemingly at random with no obvious logic or reason. I have had enough of playing the adsense rollercoaster TBH and don't want to have to go through it again with Amazon.

looks like so long as I'm not doing stupid shit I should be ok.

lanmonkey, Jun 22, 2012 IP
  18. Thetony

Thetony Member

Best Answers:
    @lanmoneky

That's a good question. They might once they decide your account is NO GOOD.

Here is my story in case you are interested. - https://digitalreadymarketing.com/amazon-affiliate-account-shut-recover/

I did something stupid so they had a good reason. But even after I correct all the problems, once they decide to shut down an account, they will just stick to it.

Thetony, Jan 18, 2016 IP
  19. joehep1

joehep1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I just had my account come under review because I didn't register my new websites with my affiliate ID. I'm wondering the same thing, if they will ban me for life or give me a chance to fix my prior mistakes. I was given 5 days to provide them with info about how I'm getting my clicks. Hopefully they'll let me register my new sites and continue business rather than banning me..we'll see. Open to any suggestions anyone might have about how to reply to Amazon.

joehep1, Aug 5, 2017 IP