1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does alot pageviews is needed for high rank seo

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by andriken, May 29, 2014.

i see many of the website with lakh of pageviews rank higher in search engines ' does its like how many views your content had that much you post will rank higher ' does pageviews matter with high ranking

andriken, May 29, 2014 IP
  2. webdev007

webdev007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, page views is one of the many factors for site ranking along with the unique visitors, returning visitors and the avg. time they spend on each page.

webdev007, May 29, 2014 IP
  3. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    And how, precisely, would the search engines know this information? Analytics is poor quality data compared to server logs, and cookies aren't reliable enough to measure traffic with. I don't see how a search engine could accurately measure this data, and if it can't be measured accurately then how can it be a factor in how you rank?

Maybe I'm wrong. Feel free to correct me if I am, but I just don't see how these two shake hands.

Foxxy, May 29, 2014 IP
  4. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Foxxy @webdev007 I don't understand that, does the page views ???? I don't seem to get the idea of ranking and the page views my site have more than 20kpage view per day but we are still struggling with the ranking @webdev007 I would really appreciate if you can provide me some more clarification on this !! because I don't get the idea of...... ?????

John Dave, May 29, 2014 IP
  5. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    Let's define what ranking we are talking about: if it's traffic ranking like Alexa's -- it's visitors that count. Therefore links that bring traffic - that's what is important.
    If we are talking about PageRank - it's the authority, quality, and number of backlinks that matters

Karuna17, May 30, 2014 IP
  6. Alyce Cruz

Alyce Cruz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, pageviews somehow indicate the credibility of the website and so it's quality too. Hence the ranking goes up as well.....

Alyce Cruz, May 30, 2014 IP
  7. ActionEstore

ActionEstore Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you getting Many page views that means there is something which attracts user to visit more pages of your websites, if someone is spending much time on website that means there is something and Google will also consider it more. But High PR just because of more page views, not sound good for me.

ActionEstore, May 30, 2014 IP
  8. andriken

andriken Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes you are right because i also think that if you are having tons of traffic to a single post then that means you page keyword will be given as highly ranked keyword and then so google will consider it more ' and also because some of the popular sites do not have best keywords i means they give normal title to their page but then also they rank always in first page i think if you have more pageviews so that means your keywords become the mostly searched relevant keyword maybe ' anyways but its true that not a few but alot of pageviews does play some important role for rankings ' though sorry for my bad english

andriken, May 30, 2014 IP