1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does adwords really work? Should I run a campaign?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Mem700X, Apr 10, 2014.

Hello everyone. I have a $100 free advertising code for google adwords once you spend $25 I got from host gator. Is that code legit? Do you really get an extra $100?

Anyways, I have an online clothing business. I sell my own brand of tshirts, hats, etc. What is the best way of advertising online to gain traffic + purchasers? I know word of mouth is a big one but I want to drive people to my website so they order online and I ship out. All of my products are with me in my house so I do not affiliate with any sites.

My competitor that sells similar material is- youngandreckless.com

But I want to drive customers to my website.

Any thoughts? My website is: http://cmfaclothing.com

Thanks!

Mem700X, Apr 10, 2014 IP
  2. AlphaNine_Vini

AlphaNine_Vini Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello sir,

I am assuming that you dont have a adwords account. Because free adword coupon works on new accounts only.Once you create a new account. You need spend $25 with adwords then adwords will add a credit of $100 to you account. So in past if you have already done a adword campaign then it won't be possible to apply the coupon. The best way could be to create a ebay account get your client attention to your website and start building customer relationship using your own shopping cart. List your coupon code with some good coupon directory or advertise using a local channel. You to find your customer interest. Advertise websites where users also have interest in your product and services.

AlphaNine_Vini, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  3. LuckySamurai

LuckySamurai Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Since actual purchasers are who you need, you need to make your adwords campaign is for the person who is already looking to buy clothing. For example your ad could mention a discount for new buyers, spring sale discounts etc. The general idea is to make sure that only a buyer is actually interested in clicking your ad (because a click costs money on adwords and you want to get the most out of it).

In adwords you can target a very specific small niche too, just enter the target details. To find your target audience look up your competition on alexa and see who visit their site the most.

LuckySamurai, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  4. salman_m

salman_m Peon

Best Answers:
    I visited your website and your inventory is decent. What I would suggest is to setup an affiliate section in your website where affiliates can sign up and resell your inventory. The other approach to affiliate distribution would through an affiliate network such as CJ or Clickbank where they have a large pool of affiliates who pick the products they want to advertise. Offer a CPA of 10% if your margin permits and you should see some sales flow through.

salman_m, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  5. Mem700X

Mem700X Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh so I can actually have affiliates sign up and sell my products?

Mem700X, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  6. Edwin Dijkstra

Edwin Dijkstra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you do start, don't just start because you have $100 to spend. Be sure to have your campaigns setup right. Also setting up a good converting campaign can take 3+ months and a lot more than $100. So make sure you've covered your basics.

I manage a campaign for a kids clothing store. What really works are PLA campaigns. It helps if people actually search for your brand.

Also I'd start with a RLSA (remarketing with search ads) campaign. In general retargeting gets better results that normal search campaigns. If you can get a decent ROI on your RLSA campaign, work your way towards regular campaigns and be ready to spend some more money.

Try starting with campaigns focussed on keywords that are focussed on buying. So when starting advertise on 'buy white t-shirt with print online' instead of 't-shirt with print'. By targeting people that are ready to buy, you'll improve your ROI.

Good luck!

Edwin Dijkstra, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  7. Jigney

Jigney Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello

Yes this coupon code is valid and when you will spend 25$ in Google AdWords you will get 100$ free advertising, but for that first you need to setup Google AdWords campaign properly after that you can apply promotional code.

Google AdWords campaign really works and that will help you to reach targeted audience, you can also target certain location in AdWords. You can start AdWords campaign with some pre-defined budget and also setup conversion optimizer, so you can find out through which products you are getting benefits. Once you starts getting profit you can increase your budget.

You can also run Remarketing campaign that will help you to increase your branding and gives you chance to bring back customer with banners.

Another option is you can run a campaign of PLAs and Dynamic Remarketing so if anyone’s searching clothes in Google your products will be displayed with images and prices. This will give you much more benefit and with dynamic remarketing if someone leaves your site without purchasing any product than a banner will follow with same products details.

Jigney, May 6, 2014 IP
  8. WMADV WEBMEDIA

WMADV WEBMEDIA Member

Best Answers:
    Try to bring New traffic to your site with Facebook and Google, which are cheap and effective systems for your kind of site. Another option is to get traffic through SEO or blogs you manage independently. You can also use platforms to replace traffic between similar sites.

WMADV WEBMEDIA, May 13, 2014 IP