1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does AdSense ads depends on position?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Tuning, Mar 12, 2005.

Hi-

Its that i was experimenting different ads position to find out optimum CTR rate. I used '4 ads' units like normal skyscraper, leader board, rectangles, squares etc.

On different occasions the ads were placed right, left top bottom, inline etc.

To my suprise every time the whole 2 out of 4 ads in 4 ads set are different on each position.

Sometimes the same position with leader board and squares showed different ads.
    Note that complete ads were not different. But 2 out of 4 were different.

Anyone noticed similar results ?

PS: I placed each ads for about 24-48hrs. ( hence adsense bot should have done full crawl )

Regards,
    Tuning

Tuning, Mar 12, 2005 IP
  2. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I noticed more relevant ads and increased CTR when I put the AdSense-relevant content as early as possible in the HTML source.

Will.Spencer, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  3. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yep! Same here.

On the bottom of page i got off-topic ads. But on the top placed ads, everything is targetted to my keywords.

Similarly in my blog, bottom placed ads gave "blogging" related ads. This became better when i moved the ads to top.

Regards,
    Tuning

Tuning, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  4. yisou

yisou Banned

Best Answers:
    me found it too.If you want the ads more related to your site,put the ads at the top of your site.

yisou, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  5. jackburton

jackburton Peon

Best Answers:
    I've found (for myself) that Yes, it does matter where you put the ads. Although I used to have my ads near the top, now I've moved it to the bottom of the article, going under the assumption that people don't click randomly when they just start out reading, but by the end of the article, after they've finished reading, they might be more willing to click on something that looks relevant i.e. the ads. Earning wise, I haven't seen too much of a change, but anyways, that's my theory.

jackburton, Mar 13, 2005 IP