1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Ads will decrease website's organic ranking?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by kellyrose, Oct 9, 2017.

Friends
    I observed that some of the websites, when I search for a product, that particular website's product ad is showing on top all the time but it's organic page is not appearing where as their competitors are appearing.
    How do I understand this?
    Does Google monetizing the results or it prioritizing the paid campaigns and lowering the organic results?
    And we know that there will no improvement in any way if you invest on Google Ads.

Solved! View solution.
    kellyrose, Oct 9, 2017 IP
    No, paid ads do not decrease organic ranking. If both website A and B pay for ad "some product", but only website A is listed in 1st page of Google when searching for keyword "some product", it simply means website A has better rankings because of one or more of the following SEO factors: better content, more optimized page, more links, etc.

phpmillion, Oct 10, 2017 IP
  3. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think that putting ads on website can decrease your ranking or it may determine your rankings. The key factor to rank a website is to provide quality content and creating quality backlinks from high authority websites. However putting too many ads on your website can negatively affect your user experience and also slow down your site.

iwebsocial, Oct 11, 2017 IP
  4. Pamela Turns

Pamela Turns Active Member

Best Answers:
    Website owners should improve their ranks on Google. Using correct keywords and comprehensive marketing plan that could boost your campaign.

Pamela Turns, Oct 11, 2017 IP
  5. shaun-m

shaun-m Member

Best Answers:
    I have read about it occurring if you put ads above the fold but I don't put ads above the fold so I am unable to verify it.

shaun-m, Oct 12, 2017 IP
  6. Johsm

Johsm Member

Best Answers:
    No, as per google the organic and paid algorithms run in 2 different servers and so it wont affect your organic ranking.

Johsm, Oct 16, 2017 IP
  7. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    How many ads are we talking about here. Because there are ads that are really have a negative impact on the site, some that are crappy and annoying. And if I am not mistaken there was an algorithm update on blogs that are more focus on generating money through ads. And that affects SERP ranking of course. And also site with high bounce rate because of ads can also affects ranking.

Patricia Ann Lee, Oct 17, 2017 IP
  8. kellyrose

kellyrose Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with your points and I observed that if company A and company B both are advertising for the same product both are appearing for their targeting keyword but company A is not appearing for other related search terms typed by users wheresas company B is appearing because of their well planned optimization.

kellyrose, Nov 1, 2017 IP
  9. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you, there are lots of factors that affect it but paid ads have nothing to do with the ranking. It depends upon the budget.
    Proper Keyword research is required for this otherwise your money will waste. Before starting paid ads you have to optimize your Meta tags, Meta Title and Meta Description for the same and your targeted Keywords too.

Sumit_Singh, Nov 1, 2017 IP
  10. David Morrison

David Morrison Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No. Google would face many legal challenges if they did that.

David Morrison, Nov 4, 2017 IP