1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does a huge increase of backlinks actually affect?

Discussion in 'Google' started by hosty-crocodile, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Lovely

Lovely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you build too much link within a short period can affect your site. Google will want to know the source of the backlink and can lead to serious problem for the site. Good luck

Lovely, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  2. hosty-crocodile

hosty-crocodile Guest

Best Answers:
    Luckily guys, after waiting well over a month of terrible rankings, I think I'm starting to see improvement.

Of the three main phrases he was targetting, over the past few days I'm gradually going up and up, slowly getting back to my original rankings. One of them has even gone up by over 100 rankings in 24 hours!

Hopefully it won't be long until we get them fully back.

hosty-crocodile, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  3. Brianh

Brianh Guest

Best Answers:
    Build backlinks yourself and do it slowly day by day.

Brianh, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  4. IC_IC

IC_IC Peon

Best Answers:
    The only way to do that is with spam.

spam = penalties

IC_IC, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  5. hosty-crocodile

hosty-crocodile Guest

Best Answers:
    I read another topic about Google in this forum and it basically confirmed that it was true. I now know that I must have been penalized from this then. Hopefully my full rankings will be back shortly. I am going up quite a few places everyday though, so it must not be long.

hosty-crocodile, Sep 19, 2008 IP
  6. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You can't control "bad neighborhoods" linking to you. You can control linking out to "bad neighborhoods", and that (your outbound links) is where you risk getting penalized.

Jim4767, Sep 19, 2008 IP
  7. canam

canam Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you Jim, and hopefully Google does too, but I am worried about the way they are running things lately...... seems like they are on a penalizing kick that is making having an older site much more risky and rewarding all the spammy newer sites more than they should be

canam, Sep 19, 2008 IP
  8. Ant_Onaf

Ant_Onaf Peon

Best Answers:
    This is true, but it depends on the age of the domain and the intensity of the trust relationship between Google and your website. It is unlikely you'll be penalized because of inbound links from bad neighborhoods, but its not impossible.

If your website is new with majority of your incoming links coming from bad neighborhoods, then it is likely your website will be flagged and/or penalized.

If your website is a 10-year old PR7 website with a high trust relationship then it is highly unlikely your website will be penalized for incoming links from bad neighborhoods, especially since historically the majority of your links came from good quality neighborhoods.

Ant_Onaf, Sep 19, 2008 IP
  9. hosty-crocodile

hosty-crocodile Guest

Best Answers:
    Well the domain is about 9 months old, and there is no outgoing links at all (Except to other pages on the website), so I'm obviously not linking to bad neighbourhoods.

hosty-crocodile, Sep 20, 2008 IP