1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does a DMOZ listing in any way affect your google SERPs?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by JackR, Feb 20, 2006.

1. makrhod

makrhod Peon

Best Answers:
    May I copy/paste such perspicacity (with due attribution)?
    It is the most apposite response to so many posts here. ;)
    Really? Even after you stopped being an editor? Interesting ...

makrhod, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  2. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    My site was re-listed after it was removed. I had nothing to do with that, other then filing an abuse report. Yes, that was after I was removed. My other sites that are listed also happened after I left, and I only submitted one of them. The sites that were not mine, I simply have submitted while I was an editor and after.

What is all that interesting about submitting a site (or not submitting a site) and it getting listed? As far as I can tell, I followed the guidelines for each one... so there is really nothing special about any of them.

Qryztufre, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  3. francis2007

francis2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think much will change only but some authority. Still it matters.

francis2007, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  4. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Can't speak on behalf of Dmoz, but most of the content of the blogs in your sig was added this month, so at the point at which you said you submitted them the content was so sparse the submissions would likely have been deleted on sight. Also those have a distinctly MFA look to 'em (last I heard they prefer blogs with ads attached over ads with blogs attached).

Not being critical, just saying most directories have submission guidelines, & probability of acceptance decreases dramatically if a submitted site doesn't comply.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
    robjones, Jul 31, 2009 IP