1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does a Blog only need Good writing or is there something more??

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Sky Pagaling, May 13, 2014.

I'm new to blogging having started my blog and as I browse through the many "tips" of creating a "good" blog they all say things like "write about interesting subjects" or "write something worth reading." I'm thinking there must be other elements to a good blog...or I just suck ha ha. http://writeaboutmostthings.wordpress.com/

Sky Pagaling, May 13, 2014 IP
  2. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    There's lots of things to consider, but as to writing it should not only be interesting, but also specialized. Unless you are a well-known public figure or thinker, choose some niche and concentrate on it. Don't write like they teach at school - today's Web likes short informative content, that is easy to read.

And good text is only a part of story. Those who are under thirty need good colorful pics and videos.
    Infographics works very good also.

And think where are you gonna get your traffic from. That's the main question to answer before you start

Karuna17, May 13, 2014 IP
  3. Ence Litsep

Ence Litsep Active Member

Best Answers:
    I went to your blog and I read some of the stuff on it. I would highly recommend you outline what your goals are for this blog. Are you writing poetry? Stories? What kind of Stories? Are you simply putting your philosophy of life out there for people to read? What is it that you are try to accomplish with your blog?

What I read was a lot of things that didn't really correlate to each other and this causes an issue of lacking an unique quality about your blog that brings people to it consistently. Choose one niche like Karuna17 said and then write within that Niche. Otherwise it will take a long time of writing and a lot of luck for your blog to take off.

Ence Litsep, May 14, 2014 IP
  4. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just checked out your blog and I can see many many things you are doing wrong.

First, I highly recommend you to build your own self-hosted WordPress Blog Site. I would not recommend you to put a lot of work into building a Free Blog Site. One of the reasons is that you do not have full control over it. If they decide to shut your blog down for any reason, then you are going to lose all of your work and the work you have put into the blog - will have been for nothing, once that happens.

Plus, if you really want to make a lot of money from blogging, a free blog site is not a good idea.

Can you make money from a free blog site? ... Yes. BUT it will be a lot more harder to make it happen that way.

The first mistake I noticed on your blog is the structure of your content.

The structure of your blog posts and the way you are writing them - are not attractive at all. And it only makes someone not want to read it at all.

You are not really caring about how your blog post looks. And that will hurt your results a lot.

I see you have HUGE chunks of sentences all together without any line spaces.

You need to make the blog post very easy to read. Otherwise you will lose many visitors. They will see your blog post and run away within seconds.

The rule of thumb for a good blog post is to only write one or two sentences and then make a line space.

Just look at the way I am writing this reply.

I'm keeping it one to two sentences per line. And that makes it a lot easier for your eyes to read.

There has also been a study that shows people would be more comfortable reading up and down - than side to side.

This means that the wider the sentences are on the screen, the less likely you are going to be interested in reading it all.

But if the content is in a narrowed way - it will be easier for people to scan the words up and down. This is why the Facebook Newsfeed is very Narrow.

The Facebook News feed is Narrow for a reason - not just because it looks good.

Another great tip to help you become a better blogger is to study other successful blogs and websites. Successful blogs online are always doing tests and finding out what works best for them. So take the time to study them and analyze what they are doing.

Model after successful bloggers.

That's what I do and it has helped A LOT when building my blogs online.

Now, content.

Content is King.

would you agree? ... I would say most bloggers here would agree with that.

But let me rephrase that..

Content that Ranks is King.

There is no point on having the best content in the world - if no one is reading it!

You need to spend a lot more time promoting your blog and your blog's content - than creating the content.

When it comes to writing blog posts, make sure they are very valuable, solve a specific problem, interesting and entertaining. Now that is quality content automatically.

The success of each blog post, though, will come from the marketing you do for it.

Once you publish a blog post - market the heck out of it. Share it in as many social networks as possible. Drive as many people to that blog post as possible. That's when you are actually building a successful blog online.

You don't build a successful blog online by working ON the blog - BUT by promoting the heck out of the blog!! ...

This is internet marketing at the end of the day- so learn how to market on the internet.

Then market you blog as much as possible - while working on the blog of course.

I'm no saying to not care about your blog's design because I also believe that Design is King.

The design of your blog and the structure of it - can make all of the difference between getting results or not.

This is where looking at other successful blogs come in handy!

Anyways... these are just some of my blogging tips for you.

I hope you are learning a lot online and that you take massive action with everything! ..

the bottom line is the fact that the only thing that will get you from point A to point B is MASSIVE ACTION.

There are no "secret" strategies or methods to build a successful blog online. All of the information to make it happen is already all over the internet and for free. It is you the one who needs to be 100% responsible for the results you get. You can't blame the strategies because they have worked for millions of people already.

Hope everything Im saying makes sense! :)

I wish you the best success online man!!

Cheers! :cool:

Snoopy240, May 16, 2014 IP
  5. Andrew M. Warner

Andrew M. Warner Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Write stories that people relate to and would want to hear. Now it depends on what your audience is that you're targeting but once you figure out your audience, then find out what type of information they're looking for. When you find that out, write that information.

Now you make hear people say that content is king and is this and that, and I'm not saying that it;s not important, but you should focus on your plan for promoting your posts to get the maximum amount of people reading it.

Andrew M. Warner, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  6. Romy Lakip

Romy Lakip Peon

Best Answers:

Don't look past how important pictures are in your blog. Some of your readers like reading, but others want the story quick and easy, and pictures can be the best way to do that. Look at some popular blogs in your niche and copy them.

Romy Lakip, Sep 23, 2014 IP
  7. www_HypeFree_com

www_HypeFree_com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Blogging is a business is you want to make money and you have to consider 10000 things. So it's complex!

www_HypeFree_com, Sep 23, 2014 IP
  8. nameless7

nameless7 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    quality content+good promotion=success

nameless7, Oct 9, 2014 IP
  9. Chitranjan

Chitranjan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Totally Depends upon your reason to blog. If you are looking for money then you have to consider many thing like your blog should load fast, it should have a user friendly design, on-site SEO, offline SEO and quality of your content and the ways you think you will monetize your blog.

Chitranjan, Oct 10, 2014 IP
  10. bbrian017

bbrian017 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Blogging needs three main elements... Content, Marketing and engagement. But at the end of the day your blogs success will be made up in your own mind. If you are a person that needs attention such as comments, than you will not see your bog a success until you start getting comment.

bbrian017, Oct 10, 2014 IP