1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

does 5000 web pages equal BIG google $$$ dollars???

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by trc4949, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It all depends on the information that people are looking for. If people were looking for financial advice, I'd imagine they'd stay a lot longer simply because the average age of the person on the page is typically a bit older, and the information is more valuable which would warrant an extended viewing period.

Infiniterb, Mar 22, 2005 IP
  2. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    Hey trc4949, I like your logic, I'm thinkng along the same lines... increase content by a factor of 100 and then give up the day job...

LOL If only it were that easy... everybody would be doing it. But hey, go for it :) Don't be surprised if you find the graph isn't a straight line and let us know how you get on ;)

Lever, Mar 22, 2005 IP
  3. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    I am of the feeling that quality will out perform quantity any day, any time in any industry...in the long run. This is no different. Take your time plan a strategy. If your goals are to maximize earning potential with AdSense. Do some homework, learn about smart pricing.

AS is now the most sought after program on the planet. Unfortunatley many uninformed webmasters are of the same opinion...'I'll just put up a ton of webpages and get rich!' Sorry to burst your bubble but it definately does not work this way. Most points have already been discussed in this thread. But there is so much more.

My advise is built a quality blog/ website NOT for the goal of making a ton of advertising revenue from Adsense but for the goal of providing genuine good quality content.

'If you build it they will come' A wise man once said.

Homer, Mar 22, 2005 IP
  4. 7stars7stones

7stars7stones Peon

Best Answers:
    I have over 100.000 pages of content... on one of my forum websites: www.groupsrv.com and I can assure everyone, no such profit, not even close :)

7stars7stones, Mar 22, 2005 IP
  5. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not surprised, the math just doesn't make sense :)

wendydettmer, Mar 22, 2005 IP
  6. trc4949

trc4949 Peon

Best Answers:
    well wendy it makes sense to me.

I think it is not unreasonable to assume 10 dollars per month from 30 high content text pages as I stated in one of my examples. No, I cannot guarantee that every 30 pages of content is going to equal 10 dollars in revenue per month, but for now this is a pretty conservative estimate.

the bottom line is, every page I create is an attempt to push the limits of value to my readers and to write in an engaging way that LURES them into my site and other articles. after i write it then it will age like fine wine and google will help people find it.

also, in every post title I try to put a highly searched for keyword if possible.

it is going to be a royal pain in the ass to get 5000 high content pages put up, but to me this experiment is worth it. hopefully i wont be 6 feet underground by the time i find out the answer.

everyone always talks about 'secrets' of making money online.. but in my opinion this is the only secret that needs to be known of how to make good money online.

bust your ass and push the limits of value in every page you create with a good title and good headline keywords. then repeat this process 5000 times...

i will post my results when i reach certain goals of amount of pages created over time.. it will take a while but sure will be good info for myself and others if interested.

then maybe after i get the results create an ebook for $100 to tell them I have the 'secret' ? just kidding..

actually apart from adsense, the other advantage of building so many pages is that it will offer you some leverage when negotiating link exchanges or JV deals with other sites. all you have to tell them is that you will place a link to thier site in the top fold of your 5000 pages... IF they do certain things to help you out as well...

tc

trc4949, Mar 22, 2005 IP
  7. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, I didn't mean to knock your attempt, I was just saying the math didn't make sense to me is all. i really do wish you good luck!

You are right, if you can create enough pages and get some good backlinks, you can get some decent PR and can maybe get some decent money selling links.

I guess it boils down to (from what i've read from this thread) is that you need to make sure to devote as much time to driving traffic to your pages, as creating the pages themselves.

we do wish you luck, and look forward to hearing the results!

wendydettmer, Mar 22, 2005 IP
  8. joshril

joshril Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm definately not a pro at any of this, and I'm sorry if I have repeated anyone, but in my opinion, making 5000+ pages with similar content and getting them all ranking highly in the search engines sounds like a ton of work. I have spent hours daily working on my 15-30 page site. For the time it takes to promote a site, I think the time would be better spent optimizing one good site that has a good keyword payout, or even making several quality sites. I think overall, having several really good sites would make far more money than 5000+ pages, and would probably be much less frustrating! And to repeat what Wendy's last post stated, instead of spending all that time building those 5000+ pages, why not devote all that time to promoting a few great sites...

joshril, Mar 22, 2005 IP
  9. webseo

webseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree. quality with making money using adsense is what it is about. How could you possible optimize 5000 pages anyway. I optimise each and every page of my website and I only have 50 odd pages and I earn resonable money on them.

keep up the good work!

webseo, Mar 22, 2005 IP
  10. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Don't forget about body...you need good content. This will complete the recipe for quality content.

Good Luck

Homer, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  11. Ajeet

Ajeet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hi trc4949,
    I do not think that anyone can be faulted with replying to your original query with a "Depends." Having said that, I must confess that I often sit and do the same math that you are doing. For a bunch of pages, the Views, CTR, and CPM would define how much you earn. I hope that your extrapolation for 30 pages to 5000 is not very incorrect. But, and minor change from 2%CTR to 3% CTR, or from 0.2 CPM to 0.3CPM can throw all these calculations off totally.
    All the best
    Ajeet

Ajeet, Mar 24, 2005 IP