1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

document.forms[variable].submit var=variable how to pass a variable

Discussion in 'JavaScript' started by xbat, Dec 5, 2020.

document.forms[variable].submit var=variable how to pass a variable

So for example if I run document.forms[variable].submit and change the word varaible to a static item then it gets the id from the form.. What I am trying to do use var =x or var=variable

Whats in the var is actually the id it will be submitting in javascript

Solved! View solution.
    xbat, Dec 5, 2020 IP
  2. iago111

iago111 Member

Best Answers:
    variable is the key of the forms-Array. But you want to use and object instead of the key value?

iago111, Dec 6, 2020 IP
  3. xbat

xbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    there is multiple forms on one page and I am using the <form id="XXX" then XXX is used on selecting which form. if I manually type in the XXX document.forms["XXX"].submit it works like a charm however if try to dynamic do it then it doesn't work. I have tried var a=xxx; document.forms.a.submit document.forms.(a).submit document.forms.[a].submit and a bunch more I am not sure of the proper dynamic way to put in it.

I have tried to google and look at other forums etc.. no such luck I am not sure of the proper way.

xbat, Dec 6, 2020 IP
    forms["XXX"] is an object and cannot be replaced by a value, the property a of forms.a is the name value of the specific form. So you can return the forms object like this:
    const formA = document.forms.a, and then apply submit with: formA.submit.

iago111, Dec 6, 2020 IP
  5. xbat

xbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I understand its a object ;) haha thank you thats what I was looking >> const formA = document.forms.a, and then apply submit with: formA.submit.

I did just end up rebuilding most of the form today though it works. But now I know how to do it thanks again

xbat, Dec 6, 2020 IP