1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Doc to HTML

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by caroline, Jun 4, 2005.

I'd like to convert some doc files to html, without using MSWord's built-in converter because the pages it generates contain massive amounts of unnecessary code.

Anyone have any program to suggest that will generate html pages from documents with as clean code as possible?

I just need the text to be formatted into HTML (I could add the images and stuff later) - but since doing that by hand would be tedious because there are many pages in the documents I want to convert, I am looking for software to make the job easier.

caroline, Jun 4, 2005 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    You have it right when you say conversion of word doc to html is horrid. I fell heir to a web site that was generating code in word. By cleaning code I cut load time by a third. If you save word doc as html Dreamweaver will clean up the code somewhat. I cleaned what I could using Dreamweaver then went in and used find and replace to brute force clean rest. I never found good way to handle word generated html. Person generating the code did not want to quit so it has been uphill battle.

Shannon

Smyrl, Jun 4, 2005 IP
  3. SoxFan

SoxFan Peon

Best Answers:
    SoxFan, Jun 4, 2005 IP