1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you want to know what the true islam is ?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by miss-java, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grafstein

Grafstein Peon

Best Answers:
    Java no one really cares about islam.

Grafstein, Aug 2, 2006 IP
  2. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    Many would quickly answer this, you are right.

That is because 'Allah' and God are not one and the same.

TommyD, Aug 2, 2006 IP
  3. frankcow

frankcow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually that's not necessarily true

'Allah' is the Arabic version of the Hebrew word 'Elohe', used in the Bible as God's title 'Lord'. So they are indeed referring to the God of the Bible, just not using his name.

frankcow, Aug 2, 2006 IP
  4. NoobieDoobieDo

NoobieDoobieDo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I know what the true Islam is .. it's that thing people keep telling me "true Islam" is.

thanks again

NoobieDoobieDo, Aug 2, 2006 IP
  5. Henny

Henny Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you seriously wipe your ass with a rock? Why in "allah's" name would you? God, I think I would rather be a marter than have to live like that :confused:

Henny, Aug 2, 2006 IP
  6. highflyer

highflyer Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm a little disappointed at the way no one here seems to be able to handle a civilized discussion without taking violent shots at the other person’s beliefs and values. I'm also a little disappointed at the way were all being very close minded here and giving in to the prejudiced view of Islam.

I've done pretty extensive research on Islam and the Quran, and I think most of the opinions that people currently hold everywhere around the world, including most Muslim countries, are misconstrued and completely false. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying these images suddenly just popped into your head from your trip down the sands of time, but I do in fact completely blame the extremists for this. You must understand that every religion has what i call bad seeds, and you MUST NOT judge Islam by what the extremists (i.e. Al Qaeda) seem to be doing in the name of the religion. You cannot judge a whole religion by a FEW people who seem to be at the frontlines and are thus the ones allowing most opinions to be formed.

Firstly may i start of by saying that Islam, as a religion, is peaceful, but it is the extremist and illiterate Muslims who have corrupted it. I believe someone asked how many versions of Islam there are, and a Muslim answered by saying 72. If I may, I’d like to correct this. There is only ONE version of Islam, straight from Allah, and this is found in the Quran and from the Sunnah (words and actions) of the last prophet. Unlike the bible (which has new editions coming out every few years), the Quran is in the same state as it was first revealed in. The thing about 72 sects is basically what the Muslim ummah has broken into (kind of like -in a wider sense- the Catholics and Protestants) and it was prophesied by Prophet Muhammad when his prayer for keeping the Muslim Ummah united was not accepted. The point of the matter is, instead of focusing on the bigger picture - and being a good human being and all the other more important things Islam ordains - the Muslims are consumed by conflicts to the likes of whether your hands should be on your chest while praying or whether they should be folded beneath the navel. PLEASE, try looking at the bigger picture, which is bowing down to Allah. If its in keeping with the way the prophet taught (incidentally, he said his prayers with his arms in a number of different positions so as to show that any way is fine), it DOESNT MATTER. So yes, in reply to whoever asked, Islam has only ONE version; the best source to get this version is from the Quran.

Secondly, I’d like to offer my knowledge on the questions related to women. I believe someone asked why women have to cover themselves and men don’t. Well, my answer to that, if I may proffer my humble opinion, is that men and women are different. The funny thing is the same double standards as you may call them, are also prevalent in western society. For e.g. if a man and woman are walking down the street, in say USA or England - or any other liberal country - and both of them are wearing shorts and NOTHING on top, who will get arrested for public indecency? The answer is the woman. Why, may I ask? They’re both wearing the same clothes; why does the woman get arrested?
    The answer is, because she's different.
    Islam teaches the same concept with the only difference lying in the fact that Muslims are told to be more modest. Let’s not forget that the man is also ordained to follow a certain dress code. He is not allowed to expose anything above his knees and below his navel, so you must understand that its not just women who are supposed to be modest, but also men. Their orders are different because they are both physically different.
    In Surah Nur [24: 30 -31] [ http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/024.qmt.html ], Allah says, “Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity for them: And Allah is well acquainted with all that they do. And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty”
    Do notice that the man is ordered FIRST to lower his gaze and guard his modesty, followed by the same order for women. I hope this clears the misconception that men don’t have any sort of role when it comes to respecting women and being modest. There are a number of other surahs and Ahadith, which I can look for and provide if you’re interested.

Also, in my opinion women in Islam - contrary to what most people believe - are given a lot of respect and liberation. This can be proven by looking at a simple concept. Do you keep your diamond necklaces or Rolex watches out on your bathroom counters or lying around carelessly or do you store them in a protected box or pouch, and only take them out on special occasions? I’m sure most of you chose the prior option, unless you don’t CARE about your belongings. The laws of Islam are also based on a similar concept. A woman is deemed precious in Islam, which is why she is ordained to cover and protect herself. This is not imprisonment but is in fact a kind of liberation that grants women a higher status. In fact a whole Surah in the Quran is named ‘The Woman’ (Surah An-Nisa), and compiles a lot of the laws regarding women and how they should be treated. Muslim women pride themselves in the fact that there is no Surah named ‘The Man!’ and that Allah has given them the status of something so precious that it must be protected.

When it comes down to it, I think its imperative to realize that men and women are fundamentally different – in both the physical and emotional sense – which is why in some areas, they have different laws to comply to and different duties to complete.

This is also displayed in why a woman isn’t allowed to divorce a man verbally right there and then. A woman has been made to be fundamentally more emotional than a man. Women look at this as a weakness, but its not. It’s a quality that Allah has given women, so that they may take care of their children, amongst other things.
    Based on this difference, women are not allowed to get riled up in the heat of passion and divorce their husbands, because then most marriages wouldn’t last more than a month or so! Allah is in act preventing a woman from doing something she will later regret, because he is All-Knowing and knows the nature of his creation. A man on the other hand, is not as emotional or susceptible to his feelings consuming him, which is why he is allowed to divorce his wife verbally. A woman is still allowed to get a divorce through a “Khula” which is a legal document which allows her to divorce her husband through the court of law. There are also a number of other laws pertaining marriage and divorce which I’m not going to go into.

When it comes to work, it’s a misconception that Muslim women are not allowed to go out and work. The Quran says that it is the duty of the male to provide for his household and not the woman. How liberating is this? A woman does not have to bear the burden of providing a living for her husband and family. She is allowed to work, and whatever she earns, she may spend it ALL on herself without even divulging the amount to her husband. On the other hand, the man has to bring everything he earns back home and spend it on his wife, his kids and any other women he is a guardian of. This in fact is also why women only get half of what a man gets in his inheritance from his parents or spouse. This is not inequality. In my eyes, its justice.

Most of the misconceptions related to punishments and domestic imprisonment of women are related to cultural traditions (like someone mentioned earlier) and have nothing to do with Islam. I’d really like a bigoted, hypocritical Arab male (I am also susceptible to pre-conceived notions) to show me where in the Quran it says that women aren’t allowed to drive - or according to that day and age - ride a Camel. And I’d also like the see where it says that a man only has to pay a fee, and a woman may be stoned to death if she commits adultery. If you want to learn of the punishments related to adultery, please refer to Surah An-Nur [24: 1 -10] at http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/024.qmt.html You will realize that men and women have the same punishment and there is no mention of death. The flogging is in keeping with the law of Arabia at that time, and I believe some scholars of Islam have said that the law is changeable according to the present Islamic Shariah. I don’t have much information on this topic, so I wouldn’t like to say something false.
    Also when it comes to that picture which shows those men burying a woman alive, I must refute your misconception that this is allowed in Islam. It is nowhere written in the Quran, and has not been stated by the Prophet either. In fact, when Prophet Muhammad came to Arabia, women were looked down upon and Arabs use to bury alive their little daughters because having a girl was looked upon as shameful. This was one of the first practices that Islam abolished on its way to giving women the respect they deserve, which was one of the main reasons why Prophet Muhammad faced so many obstacles; the Arabs of that time, treated women - to say it graphically – like complete shit.

Also with relation to Prophet Isa (Jesus), here is a quote from the Quran (Surah An-Nisa) [4: 171]: “O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His messengers. Say not "Trinity": desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.”
    Do also read Surah Mariam [19: 30 -35] over here: http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/019.qmt.html#019.030.
    You can read other verses related to Prophet Isa (Jesus) by searching in this index: http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/quranindex.html#J
    To make a long story short, Muslims believe that Prophet Isa is not the son of God, and Hazrat Mariam (Mary) is not considered to be God’s mother, even though they are both given a very high status in Islamic history – so much so that there is a Surah called ‘Surah Mariam’ in the Quran, which you may also refer to. Also, it is written in the Quran that Hazrat Isa (Jesus) is not dead, and that he was merely lifted up by Allah, and will be returning to the world before the Day of Judgment.

Anyway this post has become really long, and I appreciate anyone who read all of it. What I have written is just my opinion and my interpretation of Islam. It may be wrong, but I love my religion as much as I dislike what the extremists and mullahs are doing to it. Islam comes from the word Salaam, and it means peace. If you do try to read the Quran with an open mind, I’m sure you’ll discover that the religion preaches peace, but it’s the Muslims of today who have distorted its true meaning and revelation.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion - and even if you completely disagree with what I have to say - we’ll just have to agree to disagree; no hard feelings. If you dont care to read this at all, once again its ok. I'm not trying to convert you.

I just spent so much time writing this to prove that all Muslims are not illiterate and that there are educated, moderate Muslims out there who are striving to bring Islam back to what it originally was; back to the version straight from Allah.

- Peace

Edit: I just saw that picture Sean posted. It kills me to see Islam desecrated like this by fucking bastards who haven't even read a single word of the Quran and call themselves Muslims. Sorry for the harsh language, but sometimes it just seems like a lost cause. There are just too many of these bloody idiots compared to real Muslims. I’m not calling myself a good Muslim – in fact i'm not even close to it – but just trying and knowing is half the battle. I really don’t blame you guys for thinking what you do about Islam because it’s THESE fucking lunatics that you’re being exposed to.

Edit Edit: I'd love some greens after all the time i spent on this post. :D

Edit Edit Edit: We do NOT wipe our asses with a rock. =)

highflyer, Aug 2, 2006 IP
  7. Henny

Henny Peon

Best Answers:
    Stop bombing our shit and I think people wont give a f*ck what you believe in, got it?

Henny, Aug 2, 2006 IP
  8. highflyer

highflyer Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you even care to read the rest of my post. I guess not.
    I dont agree with the bastards who are bombing your country under the banner of Islam. I dislike them as much as you do; maybe even a little more, since its MY religion they're misrepresenting. I wish you'd understand that.
    If you still dont, its fine. You're entitled to your own opinion. =)

9. Henny

Henny Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope, I dont care about you stupid cult, move on and stop bombing shit, capice?

Henny, Aug 2, 2006 IP
  10. Henny

Henny Peon

Best Answers:
    Then why dont you people take up arms to stop them from doing this???? BS I say ISLAM=TERROR.

Henny, Aug 2, 2006 IP
  11. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Agreed. Why are all these guys suck sick fanatics?

fryman, Aug 2, 2006 IP
  12. highflyer

highflyer Peon

Best Answers:
    Like i said:

I can just HOPE that you realise ALL muslims arent the terrorists that you think they are. I'm not going to get into a heated discussion about all this. IF you guys think Islam is a "stupid cult," or that all muslims are "suck sick fanatics," FINE. thats your opinion. I'm not going to stoop low and start making personal attacks at anyone or their religion.

You believe in what you want. I look at everyone as humans, who have a fundamental right to decide what to believe in. And i dont judge people based on religion, race or color. Oh, and i also dont judge them on the mistakes other countrymen or people of their religion are making.

Peace.

13. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Why do pro Islam people always believe that the louder they shout or the bigger the font size, the more people will get whatever they think their point may be :rolleyes:

Blogmaster, Aug 2, 2006 IP
  14. latehorn

latehorn Guest

Best Answers:
    Use the Force, Luke

latehorn, Aug 2, 2006 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  15. highflyer

highflyer Peon

Best Answers:
    Hahaha i'm gonna chuckle along to that. :D
    i completely agree wiht the "less is more" concept. although you MAY refute that after you see the sizeable post i made just a while ago. =P

16. Henny

Henny Peon

Best Answers:
    Again, please stop bombing our shit, and I don't care about your silly cult.

Henny, Aug 2, 2006 IP
  17. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They don't want us to read the fine print, because there are the contradictions to find. :rolleyes:

Arnie, Aug 2, 2006 IP
  18. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    and there is never real info, no real answers. Just a ton of words. And after reading them, you realize you've learned nothing new.

Blogmaster, Aug 2, 2006 IP
  19. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    java

how old are you? 12?

Did you read and analyize your posts? How many contradictions are there?

The tricks may work with illiteral people in you communities but not here.
    do your propaganda elsewhere.

Arnie, Aug 2, 2006 IP
  20. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    - Amen! Praise the Lord! The Holy Spirit at work.

Arnie, Aug 2, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.