1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you Want free Business Advice to help Your Business.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by daveman, Feb 17, 2014.

If you have a business problem or need some ideas, maybe I can help you. Also happy to help if you are a startup or thinking of starting a business.

The help will be advice and will cost you nothing £0 $0 nada.
    There's no front end, no backend, no upsell, down sell, cross sell or any other kind of sell. Just free help and advice if you want it.

Feel free to take up the offer while it's here.

Got any other questions, just ask.

Look forward to helping you

David

daveman, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I have a question. What would you suggest to a business that makes, let's say, a thousand bucks one day, and then maybe like a hundred bucks the next? How do you get out that kind of pattern? I am not talking about my own business, btw. I have friends who make a ton one day and then very little the next day. What would you suggest in that case??

qwikad.com, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  3. daveman

daveman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi thanks for your very good question.this is normal in some businesses. Without knowing anything about your friend's business, going on the little information you have given me. I would advise your friend to workout why sales rise. then he can try to increase sales on slower days. To put it another way, find out what's working then do more of that. Hope this helps.
    Many thanks
    David

Sorry for the poor formatting but I'm typing from a phone

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2014
    daveman, Feb 18, 2014 IP
  4. davieb

davieb Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Dave thanks for the offer of help. We are starting a house renovation/ property buy and sell business and are currently thinking into creating a website. We hope the website to be rated high on google. If you could advise me on best place for web hosting/domain and any other affiliates we could incorporate into our site and also how to rank higher on google, also what other ways of generating an income on the website. Cheers

davieb, Feb 18, 2014 IP
  5. daveman

daveman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your plan sounds good. I need to ask you a few questions first. what experience do you have in this industry?

will this be an online / offline business or both ?

with regard to your questions on domains and hosting, you could just use namecheap and host gator.

There are plenty of people on this forum, other forums and I'm sure in your location that can help you to get your website ranked using SEO and other methods.

your main choice is do I learn everything and do it myself or do I pay others to do it for me.

you can get a domain and hosting your self because it takes almost no time to do this. The SEO requires a lot more skill and time.

If you need more help developing your idea, please ask.

Many thanks

David
    by the way you can always PM me if you don't want to share any more of your idea on this thread.

daveman, Feb 18, 2014 IP
  6. OTE Stephen

OTE Stephen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What methods do you recommend for getting quality affiliates. I run a file storage business and in the past it mostly attracted content pirates. Do you have any ideas on where to promote it etc?

OTE Stephen, Feb 18, 2014 IP
  7. laurielee

laurielee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i advice started online business

laurielee, Feb 18, 2014 IP
  8. Andrew Hurst

Andrew Hurst Member

Best Answers:
    How much should I charge for website design, and/or how can I justify charging more for projects?

Andrew Hurst, Feb 18, 2014 IP
  9. davieb

davieb Peon

Best Answers:

Thanks for getting back David. Well im not long in the industry but my partner has been renovating property for over 10 years mostly in Spain.

It will be offline but im looking to make a profit online too if possible, maybe using affiliates or adsense, will need alot more research in this topic.

I see theres a good oppurtunity especially in the UK at the minute

Cheers

David

davieb, Feb 19, 2014 IP
  10. daveman

daveman Active Member

Best Answers:
    David, it sounds like you want to do lots and that's great but to keep your stress low and results high, I think you should spend some time planning how it's going to work because you want the online and offline to work together. I've got some more ideas on this depending on the kind of approach you want to take.

Your opportunity and challenge is that you have lots of ways that this could work, for example you could have a website teaching people how to renovate and you could sell via affiliates. All of this takes work and the cost depends on your skill set.

My advice to you at the moment is go out and get a better idea of what you want. find some examples then get back to me and we can take it from there. You could also book a free coaching call with me on skype, depending on timezones etc I'm in UK.

Let me know what works for you.

Thanks

David

daveman, Feb 19, 2014 IP
  11. daveman

daveman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Andrew,

This is a great question and the answer is very simple or not very simple dpending on how you see things.

I will answer by asking you a couple of questions:
    1 how much do you think your work is worth?
    2 why should someone pay you that much ?
    3 who are your customers ?
    4 what other services do your customers use ? can you also offer these extraservices and increase your income from them. for example hosting, logos, other graphics work etc etc

let me know if this helps.

By the way, what types of website do you make? do you have any samples I could see,

Many thanks

David.

daveman, Feb 19, 2014 IP
    Andrew Hurst likes this.
  12. daveman

daveman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Stephen,

The best way to find affiliates is to go where they hang out, have you looked on forums, looked on industry related sites, contacted industry blogs and forums and asked them to promote your products? there are lots of places to find good affiliates but you also need to focus on your offer. Why should they promote for you rather than promoting for another storage provider?

So what I think you should do is
    1 work on your offer
    2 compile a list of the type of people that could be affiliates ie blog owners etc
    3 compile list of where affiliates hang out that would be good for your service.
    4 start promoting to them then use the feedback you get to improve your offer.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks

David

daveman, Feb 19, 2014 IP
  13. Andrew Hurst

Andrew Hurst Member

Best Answers:
    I will answer by asking you a couple of questions:
    I've been charging $500 to $900 for the work I do
    The sites I create are nice looking and help give businesses an online presence
    Anyone I can find, really mostly word of mouth, I bought a wso from the warrior forum that allows me to scrape leads, and I've only just started building a lead sheet.
    I purchased some videos to resell at www.videomarketingwow.com (one of my sites) haven't converted any sales yet, but haven't marketed much. I could offer hosting, logos and other graphic work for sure, but as yet that is not represented at my main site: www.hurstwebdesign.com

I build sites using templates from theme forest and studiopress.
    I'm good with working with plugins and have worked in the editor areas to change aspects of the sites.

Marketing seems to be a weakness as I've not done much, but I'm trying to learn. I've thought about trying to get connected with other established design companies and build sites for them, or get installations ready.

I work at the hampton Inn & Suites and don't make much money, but I have the ability to make sites.

Anyway, that's where I'm at. I need a change. Thanks for your advice!

Andrew Hurst, Feb 19, 2014 IP
  14. OTE Stephen

OTE Stephen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have found a few forums that could be helpful however the main thing I am having a problem finding is that the majority of them are inactive or have relatively very little interactions. I was thinking of posting here but I wasn't sure if they had rules upon when you can or cannot post about it.

OTE Stephen, Feb 19, 2014 IP
  15. daveman

daveman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Andrew,
    Thanks for your response, Had a look at your sites and some client sites, there are some simple ways you could improve. Have some more content on your site, make it easy for the prospect to get a feel for you as a business.
    You could ask your customers for testimonials.
    after you've given your site a warmer feel, you should consider prospecting for business.
    Ask your network of contacts, ask past clients.
    Prospect for business with other non compeating businesses like graphic designers, photographers, printers etc etc don't just limit your self to online, use offline too.
    Contact small businesses in your town and see what website services they need and what you can offer them.
    Think of online forums that may have or serve the type of client you want. Post in there or ask for JV or give them comission.

Hope this helps,

If you got any more questions, feel free to ask or book a free coaching call and I will see how I can help you.

Many thanks

David

daveman, Feb 19, 2014 IP
    Andrew Hurst likes this.
  16. jenifa12

jenifa12 Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks you for your helpful information. But we get your useful vedio tutorials without any cost

jenifa12, Feb 19, 2014 IP
  17. daveman

daveman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry I do not understand what you are saying, please explain fully.

Many thanks

David

daveman, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  18. DeepaAM

DeepaAM Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Dave,

i'm also planning to create my own online business, includes web development, designin, online amrketing etc. But how can i get clients? as mine is a small and new business will it be difficult to get clients?

DeepaAM, Feb 22, 2014 IP
  19. pooya

pooya Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Dave,
    Perhaps if you could have a look at https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/need-to-form-a-business-company.2708470/ and answer me here ?

Love to hear from you.

pooya, Feb 23, 2014 IP
  20. daveman

daveman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Pooya,

I have taken a look at your post.
    Looks to me that what you want can be done but it depends on your skill and budget.
    I think you will need:
    - Developer with skill in integrating Facebook.
    - Membership script for your website.
    - Technical plan to make all of this work properly.

If you have a very small budget, I think you should post in web development section of the forum or on web development forums then you can get some advice on the technical side.

The other part I think you should focus on is how this will help or hurt your members.
    Ask your self why am I making the system work this way?
    How will this help the members of the group?
    Will they like these changes or not?
    Is there a simpler way I could get the same results?

I hope this helps you.

Many thanks

David

daveman, Feb 25, 2014 IP