1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you use Twitter for site promotion?

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by BoBByCooL, Dec 5, 2008.

I most definitely do. I've been building up my friends for a while now and it has been a great source of traffic and advice. It's not an overnight traffic storm but as time goes on and people get to know you, you can get a fair bit of traffic for your site/posts.

There are some very good services (like TweetLater) that help you automate some stuff and help you manage your profile better.

Are there any Twitter related services you recommend?

Feel free to follow me, my profile link is in my sig. I follow everyone back.

Cheers!

BoBByCooL, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  2. gadiez

gadiez Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use twitter about my daily, job and promotion :D

gadiez, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  3. MeetHere

MeetHere Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I recently started using it.. but not much results till now.. :D

MeetHere, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  4. dmi

dmi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I use it. As you said, it's not really substantial, but people who are interested in your niche will stick around and follow.

And it earned me some quality natural backlinks because people liked what I write and linked to me from their websites.

dmi, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  5. LindseyInteractive

LindseyInteractive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    I just started using Twitter about a week or so ago, only have about 12-15 followers right now, so haven't really noticed a huge difference yet, but I feel I am going to soon.

LindseyInteractive, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  6. BoBByCooL

BoBByCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    That's exactly what's happening to me too. The other benefit is the networking. I've met people who have helped me choose web hosting, have showed me excellent links, and who provide services that I may use in the future (i.e. web design, graphics, social networking etc).

BoBByCooL, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  7. Mortgage Guy

Mortgage Guy Peon

Best Answers:

Take a look how I use twitter. I use it for chit chatting, contributing valuable advice on hot topics like economy etc. Do not use twitter for spamming affiliate links and websites it will not work.:D

Come and follow me on twitter and see yourself.

Mortgage Guy, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  8. Mortgage Guy

Mortgage Guy Peon

Best Answers:

I suggest you start following more people and take genuine interests and their daily struggles like being supportive etc. With that comes trust and you will develop a good following and attract people.

Always treat your followers as friends. Do not run on an EGO TRIP and sit there like some people and feel star studded and collect followers without following.

Check out how I follow others on twitter.

9. Mortgage Guy

Mortgage Guy Peon

Best Answers:
    TWITTER is not about spamming. If you just pushed your affiliate links and blog posts people will unfollow you. Mix it all up like with friends in a room ..you will go a long way.

10. MarcCNX

MarcCNX Peon

Best Answers:
    It's still early days in my relationship with Twitter but I have a feeling that it could turn into a beautiful friendship.

I use Twitter to announce whatever I am working on and to generally promote myself as a hard working, knowledgeable and helpful kind of guy . . . we'll see how that goes!

Using Twhirl I can manage my Twitter account and also Twitter accounts for my clients. I have just set up one client on Twitter and we are hoping to make good use of TwitPic. They are in the adventure travel business and have a massive archive of some absolutely incredible photos from around South East Asia so I think it will be an interesting one to follow.

As always content remains king but with Twitter relevant content is an absolute must.

A great networking tool and an excellent addition to the customer relationship management arsenal.

Marc.

MarcCNX, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  11. cristlegirl

cristlegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    I use twitter and I love it, networking with others is a great way to get traffic, spamming is not recommended as most people now will just delete you and move on. I know I do.

cristlegirl, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  12. ayman

ayman Peon

Best Answers:
    mmm

it seems usefull

so i'll soon :)

thanks

ayman, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  13. bobbylove321

bobbylove321 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like twitter for the fact that it's basically an autoresponder solution set on automatic. However, I don't like it for the fact that almost everyone on there marketing now is spamming in some way. Have I recieved traffic from my 2,000+ followers? Yes. Have I made any sales from that traffic? No.

bobbylove321, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  14. M3rC

M3rC Peon

Best Answers:
    hey why didn't i think of this!
    lol i forgot about my twitter account as a whole, just made a new one for MGTG :)

M3rC, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  15. Tarkan

Tarkan Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't follow people if I can't find people to follow :p.
    Not sure how to use twitter much (here's my profile)

Tarkan, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  16. BoBByCooL

BoBByCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    try http://search.twitter.com and search for some stuff you are interested in and follow people from there.

BoBByCooL, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  17. charroseo

charroseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Are there any Twitter related services you recommend?

Yeah, I use EasyTweets to manage my twitter accounts (more than 10 :D) and works very good, they have a free version so I suggest take a look. The site is http://easytweets.com/

charroseo, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  18. jasonb25

jasonb25 Member

Best Answers:
    I use twitter but i don't have a large following and i don't follow many, its just there at the moment , don't have time to get the full value out of it.

jasonb25, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  19. jpearce

jpearce Peon

Best Answers:
    For good Twitter traffic you need a lot of followers unless you have followers who are avid about passing your stuff along. I use Twitter throughout the day and it is a lot of fun. I'm careful about who I follow and if they send out too many nonsense tweets I usually unfollow. Have only had to do that a couple of times and one was a well known blogger!

@charroseo 10 accounts? Explain. :)

@jasonb25 if you have a large following start sending out Tweets!

Follow me on Twitter!

jpearce, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  20. yomimedi

yomimedi Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah twitter rocks.. only if you are persisted in making friends, although its a lot of work to do, but actually you can learn from them too..

yomimedi, Dec 17, 2008 IP