1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you use Joomla?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by myfriendshangout, Aug 29, 2012.

1. myfriendshangout

myfriendshangout Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks all for your input about Joomla. I have use WordPress before and sadly my security with WordPress was disappointing.

myfriendshangout, Sep 6, 2012 IP
  2. msherry

msherry Peon

Best Answers:
    Joomla! has become one of the most powerful Open Source Content Management Systems on the planet and is used by millions of people worldwide.
    It is a 'free' open source framework and content publishing system designed for quickly creating highly interactive multi-language Web sites, online communities, media portals, blogs and eCommerce applications.
    The name 'Joomla' is derived from the Swahili word 'Jumla', which means 'all together'.

msherry, Sep 6, 2012 IP
  3. Privateer

Privateer Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm currently learning Joomla at the moment.

I have to say that as a hand coder (using Notepad++ to code HTML and CSS) it wasn't not too easy to start using, although I guess that is true for most CMS. I would recommend that you have a look at the book Joomla Explained by Stephen Burge) which is one of the latest books that I've bought but so far it is one of the best.

As for forums, I must admit that I don't like the available plug-in forums so will be using phpBB3, however integrating Joomla and phpBB3 is difficult as you need a bridge of some sort.

Security, well use the latest version (and keep up-to-date). Backup regularly and read the documentation on security and you should have no problems.

Regards,

Privateer, Sep 7, 2012 IP
  4. henrywinsett

henrywinsett Peon

Best Answers:
    Joomla is awarded CMS and widely used by professional developers. It is open source and easily available on the web. It is easy and flexible to use and operate. As per my view, Joomla provides the best solution for network or community sites hence, you can easily develop and maintain forum websites. It has various features and techniques which will help you create a search engine friendly website. It is important that Joomla provides an effective security system for data security.

henrywinsett, Sep 9, 2012 IP
  5. mumtazm

mumtazm Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Joomla is best open System CMS used to create websites.

mumtazm, Sep 14, 2012 IP
  6. Technosoft1

Technosoft1 Peon

Best Answers:
    We provide services in web designing through joomla and also PSD to HTML conversion

Thanks

Attached Files:

Technosoft1, Sep 14, 2012 IP
  7. hearthackerpk

hearthackerpk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like word press more then joomla , because this plat form is easy to use for me so far

hearthackerpk, Sep 16, 2012 IP
  8. Zakirhossain

Zakirhossain Member

Best Answers:
    Joomla is easy to use and its very helpfull for seo. SO that you can start via joomla .if you need any help for that pm ,I will help you freely
    Thanks

Zakirhossain, Sep 16, 2012 IP
  9. Charles.Roger

Charles.Roger Peon

Best Answers:
    joomla is one of the best cms for designers ,web developers and administrators

Charles.Roger, Sep 16, 2012 IP
  10. phpdevelopmentoutsourcing

phpdevelopmentoutsourcing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
  11. pavanparasa

pavanparasa Member

Best Answers:
    Every single day :)

pavanparasa, Sep 18, 2012 IP
  12. php_developer

php_developer Peon

Best Answers:
    Joomla is the best open source for developing static website as well as dynamic website in jhoomla u can create easily e- commerce type of website.

php_developer, Sep 22, 2012 IP
  13. alexkboorman

alexkboorman Peon

Best Answers:
    There's always a load of weird comments on these threads. People comparing Joomla and Wordpress don't make a lot of sense to me. Joomla is an enterprise level CMS, WordPress is a blogging platform that can be made to function as a base level cms. For most people's needs Wordpress is a better choice due to the simplicity of the product and relative ease of designing themes for it. Joomla does a lot more and in turn is a lot more complicated. Both platforms are vulnerable to security exploits and if you aren't competant with either platform it's likely you'll produce something insecure either way. Both can be secure, neither is out of the box. Unless you have serious collaborative needs and need to bolt into an existing version control platform I'd suggest WordPress or Expression Engine, chances are you aren't building a high velocity site or you wouldn't be asking the question anyways.

alexkboorman, Sep 22, 2012 IP
  14. jibondev

jibondev Peon

Best Answers:
    Why don't u use mamboo?

jibondev, Sep 22, 2012 IP
  15. alexkboorman

alexkboorman Peon

Best Answers:
    You mean that unsupported lifeless shell of a cms that joomla was built out of? Why use deprecated technology when something else has directly replaced it?

alexkboorman, Sep 22, 2012 IP