1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

do you trust dmoz?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by trichnosis, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Who is doing that?

Qryztufre, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  2. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i'm allways asking the same question. do you have any answer to reply 74 ? i'm sure you have not. i need a small answer.

any of the big mouth dmoz editors (who say that everythink is great on dmoz and dmoz has no spam) has an answer to give?????!!!:D:D

he is trying to create information dirtiness with a stupid way. he does not want to accept the corruption, bribes, spam at dmoz but that guy is also a part of that corruption.

dmoz is a directory full of spam

note: jim nobble has banned me because of this thread from resource zone forums

trichnosis, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  3. joebloggs

joebloggs Peon

Best Answers:

Good thinking Sherlock.

joebloggs, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  4. James_P

James_P Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're weren't *just* rambling before, you certainly are now...

James_P, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  5. trichnosis

Best Answers:
    i think i'm rambling before. if you READ the thread carefully, i'm allways asking the same think (reply 74) . any of the dmoz editor give an answer to that. when they have no answer, they try to create information dirtiness

big mouth dmoz editors are trying to create information dirtiness like dharmarucci did before with its strange math.

they do not accept but dmoz has become
    * a spam directory
    * a secret paid directory (you need to pay to big mouth editors)

dmoz is the biggest supporter od spam

trichnosis, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  6. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    As an ex-editor that has issues with DMOZ, let me try to help you out with answers....

Seemingly an editor came across your site and found that it no longer conformed to the guidelines and removed it. As for reporting the other site, maybe the editor that came across it found that it was within the guidelines.

Have you given the URLs of the two sites (yours & the spammy one)?

The categories they are in may also assist in giving a better answer.

There is no real evidence that DMOZ is really all that much help with SERP, PR, or anything else, other then any other backlink...I'd not fret over it much.

Not all editors are bad, in fact many are really super good. Personally I place Jimnoble in with the good guys... maybe there is a deeper reasoning for you getting banned? You certainly come across as a bit harsh, so maybe it was how you said it rather then just what you said.

Qryztufre, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  7. m-powa

m-powa Peon

Best Answers:
    6 months waiting list. but i've never yet had a site approved.

m-powa, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  8. FisHerman65

FisHerman65 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It ain't even worth crying about. Go score some good back links. I think these directories are losing juice anyway. Gee I wonder why. The same thing happens in wiki also. When I have to kiss ass for a low quality back link then I guess it's not going to happen.

Don't waste your time & energy, move on.

FisHerman65, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  9. whiteguy

whiteguy Banned

Best Answers:
    Dmoz is still important imo for serps, in fact in Google Webmaster guidelines they mention both this directory and Yahoo! Why not others?

whiteguy, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  10. tonyran

tonyran Peon

Best Answers:
    if its not important none of this bickering will exist.
    nobody talks about corruption in my directory.....

tonyran, Jul 24, 2008 IP
    robjones likes this.
  11. m-powa

m-powa Peon

Best Answers:
    gone but not forgotten. the form filling takes several minutes.

m-powa, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  12. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    Well, they could have added them back when DMOZ was not so bad... in fact, if I am not mistaken they were! The Google clone of the directory has been known to go months and months without bothering to update, so that is not even an indication of much...

DMOZ and Yahoo are likely two of the most popular directories as well, which could have something to do with it. Both also have staying power which is another point of interest.

As for it being important for SERP, there are several instances of sites not listed beating out sites that are, so if there is any importance of a DMOZ listing for SERP, then I'm not sure what that importance is. It certainly does not hurt SERP, but as for how much is helps has yet to be truly determined.

Qryztufre, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  13. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oh hell, now I gotta agree with Q?! LOL. OK, good point.

robjones, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  14. dj204

dj204 Active Member

Best Answers:
    In my eyes dmoz is a directory full of seos today. I dont understand that the dmoz is an authority for google

dj204, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  15. Briongloid

Briongloid Peon

Best Answers:
    Briongloid, Jul 27, 2008 IP
    robjones likes this.
  16. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ROFL. OK... rep given, but I make no promises of giving attribution when I borrow that line sometime.

robjones, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  17. trichnosis

Best Answers:
    thank you for trying to understand me.
    i have changed NOTHINK on my web site (not changed the main subject of the site, not changed the structre of the web site). i have only added new articles to my web site.

and the reporting web site has currently tons of automatic created pages. these automatic pages is increasing daily. every internet user can understand that site is creating automatic pages . You do not need to become a professional. the underlined sentence is correct. understanding (or seeing) the automatic queries is so easy.

i'm currently looking at the result.
    * Normal site is deleted
    * the web site which is created with automatic queries is inside the dmoz.

what does the guidelines write? we only accept spam web sites, normal ones will be deleted!!:p pls forgive me but it's an acceptable rule. am i correct?

is dmoz supporting spammers? or are the editors expecting money from me? when i look at this, my answer is being YES
    i'm sure the owner of the spammy web site also follows the digital point. he may get angry or attack to my web sites, if i wrote that information.

do you want me to pm this info?

dmoz & yahoo directory are important criterias for the serp but they do not equal to serp. in my opinion, one dmoz is link nearly equal to one pr 7 or pr 8 backlink. that makes dmoz important.
    i have used resource zone to inform the dmoz editors about 15 months. the resource zone thread is this . i believe it's a good aim about dmoz. i have tried to help the editors. pls read it and see who is harsh.

is the gift of helping dmoz editors being banned from their forums?:rolleyes:

Jim Nobble has created a reason to ban on resource zone forum because we hates me because of this thread.

i have taken those from the resource zone thread (the link is above) which they have banned me because of this thread. those words are taken from jimnobble.
    dmoz is not equal to the serp but it's one of the important criteria for the google serp. there is a big positive serp difference when you have a link from dmoz (in my personal opinion, one dmoz link is nearly equal to a pr 7 backlink from a related web site)
    what does DMV means?:confused:

trichnosis, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  18. gdi

gdi Peon

Best Answers:
    dmoz is fine but most of editors over there are not fine !

gdi, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  19. jimnoble

jimnoble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Who?

Just to clarify yet again, you were banned at RZ for bad behaviour there. Whatever you get up to in DigitalPoint is of no concern to the RZ mods and admins.

jimnoble, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  20. trichnosis

Best Answers:
    hey jimbo;

i see that you have choosen creating polemic.

do you have any answer for reply 74? i'm sure you and the other dmoz editors have no answer!!!

i have asked this question more than 3 times.

because you and the other dmoz editors are only intrested creating spam and getting money from the listings. dmoz standarts are changing to give better support the spammers:p

you have created a reason to ban me on RZ forums because of this thread.

pls be honest!!!

dmoz editors are managing the dmoz. dmoz editors are working daily to give a better service to spammers:D

trichnosis, Jul 28, 2008 IP