1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you think web chat app has a chance in competition with native chat app

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by ketting00, Jan 26, 2015.

?

Do you think web chat app has a chance in competition with native chat app?

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    Hi guys,

With the rise of native chat apps like WhatsApp, Line, WeChat, kik or something similar, do you think people would interest in using a web-base chat app.

I understand web app has several disadvantages. It cannot access user phone book. It lives only in the browser. It lacks of notification API etc.

But would people love to use it some times?

ketting00, Jan 26, 2015 IP
  2. hdewantara

hdewantara Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Ketting00.
    Not in that the WhatsApp / Line area, I guess. Some company sites are still using their own text, web-based chat for their 24-hour customer service / support. And in live adult chat area, we have Live-Jasmin, etc. I don't know proper names of these niches, but they are clearly different to another, no?

Hendra

hdewantara, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  3. ketting00

ketting00 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi @hdewantara
    Thanks for response and the information.
    I've read many articles and they point to something like chat app is going to be big in 2015.
    I'm weighting if it worth a try since it's not so difficult to create.
    I don't know about Live-Jasmine. Maybe I have to take a look. I use web chat app only when contacting with a web hosting provider.
    It can't be customization.
    The apps I mentioned above are skype on steroid (text only) and worth ranging from mere hundred millions dollar to multiple billions dollar.

And I agree with this article absolutely: http://paul.kinlan.me/communications-apps-on-the-web/

ketting00, Jan 27, 2015 IP