1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you think time travel is possible?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Whitey, Jul 22, 2008.

1. poison_paradize

poison_paradize Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lmao! Hilarious :rolleyes:

poison_paradize, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  2. cool_man

cool_man Peon

Best Answers:
    right CHSajid ,Time is natural
    lolz :p

cool_man, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  3. maverick123

maverick123 Peon

Best Answers:
    If only humans are very lucky enough to survive 100 years from hence, time travel will remain a science fiction and hot topic for hollywood movies :D

maverick123, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  4. bubba123

bubba123 Peon

Best Answers:
    To even reach the speed of light would require a very large amount of energy. Light reaches this speed because it has no mass. E=Mc^2 proves this.

bubba123, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  5. monika0611

monika0611 Banned

Best Answers:
    Not sure, I would not say yes or no... will wait till its official to say yes :p

monika0611, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  6. DiZi

DiZi Member

Best Answers:
    No... just, no... time travel is not possible. I've got good reasons for being of this opinion, but it'd involve me trying to describe aspects of quantum physics and involve me pointing out aspects of how "time" works that I, recently returning home from a long day at work, have not the energy to waste time on doing. Seriously though - simply put, time does not exist as anything other than a concept, and therefore, you can not travel through time.

DiZi, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  7. 2-4-K

2-4-K Peon

Best Answers:
    Totally disagree.. after studying QM and String Theory equations we know that in theory or as a concept time travel is not only possible but feasible.. as mentioned above though the energy requirements are enormous..

And to validate this point a number of senior professors at large reputable education institutions agree and MIT have a department with resources studying it.. even Google has a search time machine that predicts future search & historical data.. see Google labs

2-4-K, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  8. msi52

msi52 Peon

Best Answers:
    NO but if someone finds the way then pls let me know. Want to travel my past and correct some mistakes.

msi52, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  9. sur

sur Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi;

For this time "time travel" is not possible.

Maybe some day we found the "3. , 4. , 5. Demension" but if we find them also we can't do it
    Couse of the Universe can explode.

sur, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  10. poison_paradize

Best Answers:
    The universe can explode??? :confused:

poison_paradize, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  11. skyekills

skyekills Banned

Best Answers:
    Time travel forwards is possible but time travel backwards is impossible.

skyekills, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  12. Lurznm

Lurznm Banned

Best Answers:
    You said maybe then end your sentence with no we can't do it. :p

Lurznm, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  13. xentech

xentech Peon

Best Answers:
    It is defnitely not the opposite. The person travelling at the speed of light experiences time normally form his perspective, as does the person on earth. But from an un-relative perspective of the light-speed person he is experiencing time more slowly. 60 years for the light-speed person feels like 60 years, but to everybody else over 1000 years have passed. So when that light-speed person gets back to earth, although he has only aged 60 years, over 1000 years have passed for the earthlings. It is impossible to go back in time (as far as know)...

Hmm, very confusing. I hope I explained it right. If not look up relativity theorem...

xentech, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  14. poison_paradize

Best Answers:
    :/ According to the relativity theorem, time travel is possible for bodies with a negligible mass (electrons). Whether they move forward or backwards in time, it does not matter.

But for US, humans.. that's hardly possible.. not impossible :/ but hardly possible still.

poison_paradize, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  15. Adamwestrop

Adamwestrop Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nope, not possible..Never

Adamwestrop, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  16. CHSajid

CHSajid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes and we all know that, Time is natural made by God, no one can change it ! and thats a fact.

Thanks.

CHSajid, Aug 16, 2008 IP
  17. poison_paradize

Best Answers:
    :rolleyes: assuming this statement is 100% true, God then could lol

poison_paradize, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  18. karlitokaloy

karlitokaloy Peon

Best Answers:
    Time Travel
    Karl Marquez

Two decades ago, who would have thought that computers would be present in every home and offices around the world? Two centuries ago, flying crafts were too crazy for an idea. Two thousand years ago, Earth was considered to be the center of the universe. Well, there has always been someone who thinks otherwise. Bill Gates found Microsoft. The Wright Brothers invented aircrafts. Nicholas Copernicus proved that the Sun was the center of the Solar System. Now tell me, do you believe Time Machine is possible?

I'm almost sure if you ask a random person in the streets if Time Machine be possible, he would think you must be insane. Most of us think this idea is good only for fictional novels and Sci-fi movies. This is not entirely the case for one man. His name was Albert Einstein, the famous scientist of the 20th Century. He revolutionized the world of Science with his groundbreaking theories and experiments. This man, crazy though it seems, believes in Time Travel.

Albert Einstein, one of the great thinkers and scientists in history. This man introduced us to the theory of relativity. Einstein's Theory of Relativity, not only proves that time is not constant, but it also conceptualizes the idea of Time Travel. This became his famous, world-renowned theory that triggered a lot of discussion amongst students, professors, and scientists. It's basic principle is that EVERYTHING is relative— everything is not absolute: mass, velocity, light, space. Even TIME is relative. I know it is hard to believe but remember the time when Nicolas Copernicus was being ridiculed at and even got sent to jail because of his Solar System Theory? His theory, that happens to be a fact today. There are other theories supported by Einstein that we can travel through time; time is relative.

The TWIN PARADOX is very famous. He said that if a body or person travels at a speed of light, time passes more slowly. Imagine this scenario. There once lived twin baby brothers. One of the brothers was abducted by a UFO and traveled the galaxy by the speed of light. When the abducted brother returned to Earth, he met his twin brother left behind and found out that his brother aged greatly and now an old man. However, he only aged for few years.
    There are other paradoxes that are greatly supported by experiments and had been proven true by renowned scientists. We have Gravitational Time Dilation Theory which says that an atomic clock, the most accurate clock in the world, placed far from massive bodies such as mountains or at higher gravitational potentials, run faster. Atomic clocks close to massive bodies, or at lower gravitational potentials, run slower. For example, if an atomic clock is placed at the summit of Mt. Everest, that clock runs faster, at just about nanoseconds, than on a clock placed away from the mountain. This just shows how relative time is, and this might be a strong element for time-traveling. Believe it, or not.
    Thanks to our contemporary scientists, who contributed major breakthroughs in time traveling, and to the person who has made strong impact in this phenomenon, Albert Einstein. He provided us with small hints about time traveling. Hints that will greatly help future scientists to create time-traveling devices. Perhaps a time machine. You may ridicule me and you may want to file an arrest charged against me, but remember Copernicus? Now, do you still think Time Travel is NOT possible?

karlitokaloy, Jul 13, 2011 IP
  19. popgals

popgals Peon

Best Answers:
    It is only the memory of your past !
    i hope it can come true of the future !~

popgals, Jul 13, 2011 IP
  20. DJboutit2

DJboutit2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    No way never gonna happen

DJboutit2, Jul 14, 2011 IP