1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do You Think Rewriting Content Is Plagiarism?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by amanstyle, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Coscom Inc

Coscom Inc Peon

Best Answers:
    You don't know the proper definition for plagiarism.

Coscom Inc, Aug 31, 2018 IP
  2. Orol

Orol Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I think so. I recommend you create your content. There is no big sense in rewriting. You can sell similar content to inexperienced users, but they will not continue to work with you for the long term.

Orol, Oct 5, 2018 IP
  3. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think its a big big plagiarism but i advise you to not spin all article for example .Its better to write an paragrapg from a blog post then the nest paragraph from another etc

Spartan14, Oct 6, 2018 IP
  4. b2bwriter

b2bwriter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes. I have seen many rewrites on daily basis and by big portals. Google can't catch a good re-write. Mostly news sites do the re-write and get away with it easily.

b2bwriter, Oct 10, 2018 IP
  5. suwandichen13

suwandichen13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Content rewriting (75%) is not Plagiarismn, so re-write it better. ^.^

suwandichen13, Oct 11, 2018 IP
  6. Sam Sabir

Sam Sabir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Rewriting isn't exactly plagiarism unless you are spinning the words with an article spinner. However, if you are taking inspiration from somewhere and writing that material into your own words, then it will definitely not be considered plagiarism. Not crediting someone while using their thoughts/ quotes can be another form of plagiarism. If rewriting was plagiarism, everyone can be deemed guilty of it.

Sam Sabir, Apr 7, 2020 IP
  7. apolswe

apolswe Peon

Best Answers:
    when I was writing my diploma and few years later when I worked as a copywriter it considered a plagiarism, because you are stealing an article, that already was writen by someone else. The point is that you`re stealing the thoughts and ideas

apolswe, Jul 23, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  8. Antony Silva

Antony Silva Peon

Best Answers:
    Taking as a basis available publications on the Internet or from textbooks on the current subject, spending a lot of time and applying ingenuity, you can achieve the desired result. But we must not forget about the human factor. As mentioned above, a qualified teacher will be able to unravel the borrowed plot in no time. And it will not lead to good. Therefore, the best option for preserving reputation and increasing personal knowledge is to write the work with your own hand.

Antony Silva, Oct 26, 2020 IP
  9. cdawson6887

cdawson6887 Member

Best Answers:
    I think this depends on what you are rewriting. If you are rewriting from a blog post that someone has written their thoughts and opinions about, that would be considering more plagiarism than if you were rewriting about actual facts such as what the state bird of a state is. We all pretty much rewrite things if we are doing research we have to read what is already written in order to write about it.

cdawson6887, Nov 6, 2020 IP
  10. Hely55

Hely55 Peon

Best Answers:
    If we follow the terminology, rewrite and plagiarism are different things. Plagiarism is the assignment of authorship to another's text and rewriting is the writing of a text in one's own words, but with the preservation of the content.

But I think that rewrite and plagiarism are both bad.

After all, stealing someone else's idea and someone else's content is not good.

Such a person will never be a real copywriter, but will only earn the reputation of a plagiarist.

Hely55, Nov 11, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  11. ChristopherH

ChristopherH Peon

Best Answers:
    A new take on this (that maybe needs a separate thread):

is copying a text/blog/etc. directly from a specific language (let's say English) and translating it directly into your own native language also plagiarism? The translation is a divide, but how much of a divide is it?

ChristopherH, Nov 12, 2020 IP
  12. Alberta Brown

Alberta Brown Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, that is plagiarism! Working as a tutor in college, and taking academic classes, I have learnt that rewriting someone else's text is essentially taking their ideas and sell it as our own. So, if you want to avoid plagiarism, you must do reading and form your own opinion on the topic.

Alberta Brown, Feb 2, 2021 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  13. WilsA

WilsA Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think this post (https://ivypanda.com/blog/how-to-avoid-plagiarism-12-must-know-tips/) could help you to understand what is plagiarism and how to avoid it ;)

WilsA, Feb 13, 2021 IP
  14. Maria Zavska

Maria Zavska Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you mean when you say Rewrite?
    Do you just need a unique text for a website, for example, or are you writing a research paper? If you need to describe the weather, your neighbor will say the same thing - if it's cloudy for you, it's cloudy for him too. You will just have different attitudes to the situation and different emotions about rain or sunshine. Is this plagiarism? To describe a historical fact or the symptoms of a disease, you will also be using information that someone has already written somewhere. The talent of paraphrasing is very important here. If you take someone else's new idea and rewrite it in different words, it is plagiarism, even if your text will not be identified on the world wide web as non-unique.

Maria Zavska, Mar 16, 2021 IP
    Sumit_Singh likes this.
  15. onlygrace

onlygrace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think this is a silly question. I believe there are many ideas that pops in your head were already pops in other heads too. The important is 'the intention', whether you want to acknowledge someone's works as your own or you are purely having the ideas of your own.

If you have an idea, searching for it in Google then find several similar ideas. You read them then decide to put it on your blog using your own voice and conclusion, I believe that's not plagiarism. Even google won't caught that as plagiarism.

Of course it's different story, when you only read 1 article and change several words before you post it in your blog. That's plagiarism. If you're afraid that your content is plagiarized by someone, you need an accurate plagiarism checker like Copyscape or UniqueText

onlygrace, Mar 8, 2022 IP
  16. bijutoha

bijutoha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is a pastime of mine, and I am constantly attempting to rewrite it to get the favour of Google! :cool:
    Why is this so? Because my material is constantly up to date and worthy of everyone's time! There isn't anything in there about being concerned about plagiarism.

bijutoha, Mar 8, 2022 IP
  17. Platokart

Platokart Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think that plagiarism is a direct copypasting of content you find on the Internet. If you find an article and at least try to rewrite it, you don't plagiarise content directly, but you don't add anything unique to the subject and use someone's ideas.

Platokart, Mar 9, 2022 IP
  18. VortexAlpha

VortexAlpha Member

Best Answers:
    It can be, but it doesn't need to be, as this is something that also highly depends on what methods you are using for rewriting content and how much you actually change and modify it. There are even some Off-Site SEO tactics, for example, skyscraper one, that are actually related to this, as you have to find some old articles and rewrite them and update with new data and then work in ranking that new article among higher positions in organic search queries. But, on the other hand, if you adjust existing text just a little and don't add new sentences and re-phrase old ones, it can be considered as plagiarism and you can get some sort of punishment on the internet for using it, so you have to be careful while performing this, and always modify article as much as you can and give it your personal touch.

VortexAlpha, Mar 11, 2022 IP
  19. erikemanuelli

erikemanuelli Member

Best Answers:
    In general, rewriting existing content is not plagiarism. However, adding or removing content so that the rewritten text is significantly different from the original source can be considered plagiarism.

While it's generally frowned upon to simply copy another person's work without giving them credit, there are times when rewriting existing content can be a useful tool for creating new and original content. For example, if you come across an article that discusses a topic you're interested in, you might rewrite it to share your own thoughts and experiences on the subject. Or if you find a blog post that contains some great tips for living a healthier life, you might rewrite it to create a more specific and tailored guide for your readers.

In order to avoid accusations of plagiarism, it's important to make sure that your rewritten content is significantly different from the original source material. This means adding your own perspectives, insights, and experiences to the mix. It also means taking care to change the structure and wording of the piece so that it doesn't closely resemble the original.

If you're not sure how to go about rewriting existing content, there are a few helpful tips you can follow:

-Start by reading the original piece several times. As you read, make note of any key points or ideas that you want to include in your own version.

-Once you have a good understanding of the original content, begin brainstorming how you can approach the topic from your own unique perspective.

-As you write, be sure to give credit to the original author by including a link to their work or providing their name and website address.

-Once you've finished writing, take another look at the original piece and compare it to your own version. Make sure that your rewritten content is different enough that it doesn't constitute plagiarism.

Following these tips will help you avoid any accusations of plagiarism and ensure that your rewritten content is original and unique.

erikemanuelli, Apr 6, 2022 IP
  20. Gardahn

Gardahn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Rewriting doesn't mean plagiarism, but to avoid plagiarism you have to be a professional writer or copywriter because it's easy to make mistakes accidentally.
    The matter for you is not to rewrite everything you have found on another website, but to change the form of sentences, choose the alternatives to various phrases and words in order to make your text looking super fresh and new.

Gardahn, Sep 3, 2022 IP