1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you think paid directory owner who sold their sites should refund submitters?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by xc06, Sep 22, 2007.

1. zebno

zebno Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    there is no need of refund, the new owner get the obligation to take care of all existing links in the directory but however its necessary for submitter to check their links time to time :)

zebno, Sep 23, 2007 IP
    Fastian likes this.
  2. EveryQuery

EveryQuery Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why would the old owner need to refund you? It's not his/her site any more. Now, the new owner should have agreed to keep all the existing listings. If he/she doesn't, then go after the new owner.

EveryQuery, Sep 23, 2007 IP
  3. Rod_Purnell

Rod_Purnell Peon

Best Answers:
    Agree that no refunds should be in order. The new owner would most likely want to keep the vast majority of the links in place anyway. If links need to be deleted because of the new owners policies, the new owner will need to work that out.

At least this is the way I would work it.

Rod_Purnell, Sep 23, 2007 IP
  4. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    But you don't buy links in a directory anymore. Its the review you pay for or have I got that wrong? Surely, if the new owner reviews the existing links, as they should do, they have every right to dump any inappropriate links.

workshop, Sep 23, 2007 IP
  5. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think it doesn't make much sense why they would refund the submitter. A person sets up a paid directory to make money from submissions. Now if they sold the directory and had to pay back all of the submitters, then that person may have wells not set up the directory in the first place as they he/she would have paid back everything that he/she would have ever earned from it which is paid submissions.

I think the new owner should be notified that if they want the directory then the paid links have to stay on it still for the life of the directory.

john269, Sep 24, 2007 IP