1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you think Islam is violent or not?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Skynt, Sep 1, 2006.

?

Do you think Islam is violent or not?

Poll closed Sep 21, 2006.
  1. Yes

35.6%
  2. No

57.4%
  3. I don't know

6.9%
  1. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Sure :rolleyes: You can read minds now, huh? Trust me, I'm not a racist. And I don't accuse people of such when I'm running out of arguments. You should be ashamed of yourself trolling into this thread and putting the blame on those who actually want to find some solutions. Anyone can give political speeches. Wake up and realize how we are hated. But of course, you like to justify the hatred and criticise the ones who you are openly allowed to. Why don't you go into the Middle East and make a difference there? You wouldn't last for a minute. Instead you bash the efforts of those who help you live in freedom. Seriously dude ... this is above your head. Leave the thread before the others wake up and have their way with you ;)

Blogmaster, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  2. SEO Tutor©

SEO Tutor© Peon

Best Answers:
    Well now I see where you're coming from -- and I apologize for trying to explain myself to you; obviously your "education" comes directly from Fox news. Really sad too that you actually believe "terror" is born of Islam and that the current administration is preventing attacks on this country.

You are so out of touch with truth and reality that you are a liability to yourself. The criminal administration that you undoubtedly admire are the very perps responsible for the terror attacks and wanton murders -- wake up before you find yourself in an internment camp holding your W sticker.

SEO Tutor©, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  3. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    I think I know what your problem is. As long as something does't happen right in front of your eyes or your own backyard, it doesn't exist. Am I right? It's so much easier for you to criticise America rather than examine other societies poisened by Islam. It's so far away, so as far as you are concerned, there is nothing wrong over there.

4. SEO Tutor©

SEO Tutor© Peon

Best Answers:
    For your information professor, the U.S. historically never had an enemy in the Middle East until the illegal state of Israel was created and then blindly supported by Americans. If anyone hates the people of America, it's because the traitors calling themselves our "leaders" have sold out to Israeli interests and are using our troops to murder Arabs.

Help me live in freedom? How in the hell does murdering innocent people in another country help me live in freedom? "Dude", you are brain damaged beyond repair and I'm through wasting my time discussing anything with anyone so disgraceful.

SEO Tutor©, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  5. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Those who voted 'No' are mostly Muslims themselves. Obviously they aint gonna admit it.

In My opinion, A religion cant be violent...its people who follow the religion..

And Its sad to see that people use religion to cover their deeds..and Islam has highest no. of people like this...

The Webmaster, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  6. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Please stop grandstanding, go find some threads to hijack where you can plug your ebook instead :rolleyes:

7. seoindiaweb

seoindiaweb Banned

Best Answers:
    The most violent .. yes
    ask us those who have seen them in riots live .. n u'll feel the same:)

seoindiaweb, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  8. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Yeah, and guys like SEO Tutor sit somewhere in Kansas and assume that everyone else in the world must be as civilized as we are. Send him somewhere to the Middle East, drop him off and wish him good luck. He'll be crawling into the next US Embassy crying and begging to get back.

9. TWalker

TWalker Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe a religion cannot technically be violent because it is inanimate, a set of ideas and rules.

But if it calls for the elimination of others.....

Nazism in that case is not violent only the Nazis themselves were violent.

I wonder why we don't hold such respect for Nazis as we do for Muslims? We are careful not to offend Muslims as we go about our business of criticising Islam.

Shouldn't we be careful to not offend Nazis in the same manner?

Nazi ideas and Islamic ideas are so similar it's frightening.

We could post many similarities.

If Nazis had hijacked the 9/11 jets, we all know President Bush and others would not be holding press conferences afterwards extolling how peaceful Nazis really were.

Hmmmm....

TWalker, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  10. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Still not violent

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/newswire/comments/police_warn_parents_about_sexual_predators/

But still. Not violent.

lorien1973, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  11. roiei

roiei Banned

Best Answers:
  12. ScottHughes

ScottHughes Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone with any semblance of a historical education knows that Christianity is the most violent religion. However, anyone with common sense also understands that religions aren't violent; people are. However, it's empirically verifiable that white Christians have most often committed acts of violence in the name of god.

Islam teaches peace and love. The minority of so-called "Islamic" terrorists who claim to work for the Muslims' God, are the analogue of the KKK members who claim to work for the Christian god... Or, George Bush claiming to work for such a god.

Religion is an excuse violent people use to justify their violence. Religion is not the cause of violence.

The irony, of course, is that both Christians and Muslims (and Jews) believe in the same god.

ScottHughes, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  13. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    I had no idea people were still this stupid. There's a dhimmi born every minute.

GTech, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  14. Grafstein

Grafstein Peon

Best Answers:
    i think islam is disturbing to a point.

Grafstein, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  15. Grafstein

Grafstein Peon

Best Answers:
    There getting larger by the minute,soon i think there will be a revolution against them.

Grafstein, Sep 7, 2006 IP
    GTech likes this.
  16. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Most of them just repeat stuff they've heard somewhere. Let's face it: liberal blah blah does sound good at times. It's easy for the uneducated and gullible to fall into the trap.

Blogmaster, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  17. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Still not violent.

http://www.cpj.org/news/2006/mideast/sudan06sept06na.html

But still. Not violent.

lorien1973, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  18. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    It explains the attitudes of our Muslim members who can't handle free speech.

Blogmaster, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  19. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Over the last few months Shiite and Sunni Muslims have reportedly killed one another to the tune of about 3,000/month in Iraq alone. Not one Islamic person of leadership or stature has said this is stupid. Stop. Not one source.

Looks like prominant powerful leaders of Islam don't give any value to any human lives these days.

Individual members of Islam, primarily those who have been somewhat "Westernized" speak out against this stuff. Actually at times their lives are threatened. By who? Members of Islam and often leaders.

Seems violent to me!

earlpearl, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  20. mistermix

mistermix Active Member

Best Answers:

If a country is in the middle of a war then things generally will 'seem violent'.

About 70 years ago a completely different set of countries 'seemed violent'. I bet you thought Irish people ‘seemed violent’ a few years back.

86% of all the murders committed in the UK last year were by Christians - oh jeez Christians seem violent!!!! omg!!

You guys have been completely fooled by your sensationalist media reports. You watch TV and think OMG!! These Muslims seem violent!!

You probably think something like ‘1 in 10 Muslims die whilst performing a terrorist act’.

Ignorant as f*ck.

mistermix, Sep 7, 2006 IP