1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you think Islam is violent or not?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Skynt, Sep 1, 2006.

?

Do you think Islam is violent or not?

Poll closed Sep 21, 2006.
  1. Yes

35.6%
  2. No

57.4%
  3. I don't know

6.9%
  1. Shah Bandar

Shah Bandar Peon

Best Answers:

1. Anyway, There is no such thing as "book" in Jesus and Muhammad's time and god doesn't write books. In fact, you won't be able to describe god words in a book. Those scriptures are just like a physic books. Only that, it talks about something else rather than focusing on physics :)

So, god doesn't write books, human did and there is no such thing as "holy" book :)

2. Even if you're an Arab and speak Arabic not neccessarily you gonna understand Quran. :) try to do some research about the language used in Quran and you will know that it is not "Arabic" as what people understand.

Shah Bandar, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  2. angelfire

angelfire Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you mean Muslims are violent?
    IMO I don't think so. Being violent is case to case basis but it it does not involve your religion. It depends on your environment, personality, how you are raise and personal experiences.

angelfire, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  3. Shah Bandar

Shah Bandar Peon

Best Answers:
    Finally, someone with "common sense" who know how to think!

Shah Bandar, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  4. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Perhaps it's time for a dose of reality?

Sure seems to be a lot of "case by case" basis going on.

GTech, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  5. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    Semantics. :rolleyes: OK, it was many books, or scrolls, or what ever format it was in, and it was called many things, but Tanakh (the whole Torah and writings of the prophets) is commonly understood.

Your #2 is still the "OUT" I"m given. So when someone translate something that says the 'sky is blue' from the Qur'an, and I say wow, how nice, I get from Arab understanding people, the phrase is meaning less because the Qur'an cannot be read/spoken, or thought of outside of its original language. I now get, "even if you learn Arabic, you still can't understand?" How convenient. :cool:

Like I said, I'll judge actions, like many people here do, rather than what people say is said in the Qur'an.

tom

TommyD, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  6. sebastya

sebastya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When will people get over muslims? theres been like how many threads about them already...

sebastya, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  7. Skynt

Skynt Peon

Best Answers:
    lol zarul shahrin, if we are not understanding the Quran, why don't you try and explain why we are not understanding it. Also, you should definitly stop the publication of a book that makes Islam look bad as well if it doesn't mean the right thing.

Seriously, how can you miss interpret something so plain? I've found instruction booklets on Legos more complicated then those violent sections in the Quran.

Skynt, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  8. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    Well to the defense of the Qur'an, I am not riled up into a murderous frenzy after reading parts of it(maybe because I'm a kafir only worthy of death :rolleyes: ), but after reading Lego instructions I want to kill everyone!!!!! :mad:

tom

TommyD, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  9. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Happens to me after I step on one of those things. Can they make em any sharper? :p

lorien1973, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  10. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    The "Bible" was first compiled at the time of Ezra. It was written down so the common person would know the laws. The Pope then decided that was a bad idea (hard to lie to people when they can read the truth) and it wasn't until Luther that it was made available to the common people again.

KalvinB, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  11. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Still not violent.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,251-2342200,00.html

But, as usual. Its the westerner's fault...

Still not violent, though.

lorien1973, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  12. Skynt

Skynt Peon

Best Answers:
    Its funny how people have a brick for a head, untill their brick gets smashed in.

Skynt, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  13. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    ... or they watch too much European TV.

Blogmaster, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  14. Omario24

Omario24 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Being Muslim, as a whole, can mean many different things, as there are a wide range of cultures and types in-between. For example, I'm Lebanese. I love my country and I think the language and knowledge you gain is beautiful. I do not find it violent at all. Even though I hate to say I'm not too religious, I still love my country, and I stand by that.

Omario24, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  15. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    We don't care about your interpretation but your religion which is hateful and encourages murder.

Blogmaster, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  16. Omario24

Omario24 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, the whole thing with the Jews destroying Lebanon isn't encouraging murder? Apparently, the media doesn't see everything, because if they did, then they can identify which religion "encourages murder." With Palestine, how do they encourage murder... by little kids throwing rocks at the huge army tanks that the Jews envaded people's families and homes with?

I think I've said enough on this aspect.

Omario24, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  17. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you have a very skewed view of reality.

You may not be religious but you certainly have fallen for the Islamic propoganda.

KalvinB, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  18. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Exactly! And those are IMO the most dangerous people, the ones that make excuses. And never mention or have a problem with Muslims using kids as human shields. Just another "sacrifice" in the name of Allah to make Jews look evil. Sneaky is definitely a word which can be applied to Muslims more than any other religious group or any group for that matter.

Blogmaster, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  19. Omario24

Omario24 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Answer this. Is it fine that the Jews are killing all these people? The Canadian news, or even satelite programs don't make this up. Don't be saying Muslims are sneaky, especially when the Jews destroyed Palestine, and then popped out of nowhere in Lebanon. All people say in Lebanon is, "This is our country. What do they want from us?" You tell me if that's right of them to do.

Omario24, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  20. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Seems like you are twisting reality. As I recall:

Hamas attacked Israel first and kidnapped Israelis
    Hezbollah attacked Lebanon first and kidnapped Israelis
    Israel gave notice it considered it an act of war and gave time for their return
    Neither returned those kidnapped
    News media was so obviously biased towards Israel, that numerous reporting scandals including doctored and staged photo events cropped up
    Hezbollah intentionally and willfully hid behind civilians and the UN
    Hezbollah fired rockets into Israel daily with the sole intention of killing civilians
    Israel warned civilians days in advance of pending operations and warned their own people as well
    Hezbollah fought (as usual) without uniforms or military bases and wilfully blended in with the civilian population and fired rockets from within civilian complexes.
    The UN reported numerous times of hezbollah hiding behind them. Yet the UN has done nothing but criticized and open investigations, only, on Israel.
    HRW has only criticized Israel
    But then HRW and the UN both, as well as the international community, has a long history of bias towards Israel and Jews.

But, you are muslim, so you will never see these things because a muslim can do no wrong, especially against a Jew.

Omar, you're not dealing with the casual dhimmi down here. We know the deal ;)

GTech, Sep 5, 2006 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.