1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you think I need to upgrade to VPS?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Bohol, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Dondon2d

Dondon2d Peon

Best Answers:
    It's Dondon, not Donald ;)

Dondon2d, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  2. IwhiC

IwhiC Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah i knew that, just a long 48 hours with no sleep sorry:D

IwhiC, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  3. Bohol

Bohol Peon

Best Answers:
    Where is the location of your servers and datacenters?

Bohol, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  4. IwhiC

IwhiC Peon

Best Answers:
    Our servers are in North Carolina United States at caro.net data center..

They are also on a 100mbps dedicated tier 1 bandwidth port

IwhiC, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  5. Bohol

Bohol Peon

Best Answers:
    Our Bohol forum site is not really that big, but I am looking at your host service to be a good place for relocation when our current host can't meet our needs anymore.

Bohol, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  6. TheHosted

TheHosted Guest

Best Answers:
    My best suggestion for you would be to get test files, check download speed. Make sure you are happy with them. Ask what other forums they host and look at size/speed of site load.

TheHosted, Aug 8, 2008 IP
  7. Bohol

Bohol Peon

Best Answers:
    I am relying on testimonials now. It's difficult to make a decision based on speed since speed can falter. Our Internet connection is not that stable. I am scouring for statements of satisfied customers. Genuine testimonial, that is.

Bohol, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  8. TheHosted

TheHosted Guest

Best Answers:
    TheHosted, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  9. Bohol

Bohol Peon

Best Answers:
    Bohol, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  10. jayshah

jayshah Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't listen to the WebHostingStuff Top 10. It's highest bid wins.

Jay

jayshah, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  11. Bohol

Bohol Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh really. Thanks for pointing it out. It will help us in the decision-making.

Bohol, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  12. TheHosted

TheHosted Guest

Best Answers:

No the top 10 isn't good but the testimonials page is from clients. They can be a good insite on any hosts.

TheHosted, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  13. Trusted Writer

Trusted Writer Banned

Best Answers:
    You can only have a visitor per day and still aim to host your site on a VPS or dedicated server.

Root access is the way to go if you need to unlock the full potential of a site at any stage of its development ;)

Trusted Writer, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  14. jayshah

jayshah Peon

Best Answers:
    That depends. If the forum doesn't require anything beyond the standard PHP extensions available via cPanel's EasyApache, you might not want to fork out on a VPS (especially if it's unmanaged and you need emergency assistance) or dedicated server.

Jay

jayshah, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  15. MarcL

MarcL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Very good thread here... Thanks everyone, I have learned a lot from reading over this!

MarcL, Aug 11, 2008 IP
  16. dungdenvn

dungdenvn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    .... Hostgator banned my site too and they said something very bad to me about we don't have time with you and when I ask them to give me a complain email or which company complain and which link they complain so I can fix, they just didn't give it ....

When I ask for the backup, they said we don't care about your backup, you have to back it up yourself .... That's a very nice service ..... I already paid for 1 whole year .... and now only the second month, they suspend my account without give me a warning for me to backup .... I think the reason not about copyright but ... my site is getting bigger and bigger .... they stop it because they found no reason to stop it

Here's my site traffic: http://extremetracking.com/open?login=dungdenv

Here's the letter they send back to me even when I ask for the link which is copyright complain ... they just didn't answer the question but said this:

"We don't have time to go back and forth with you on a regular basis, giving you new links every time to illegal content and things that violate our terms of service. You either run a legal account with legal content, or we suspend you. We cannot re-enable accounts with illegal content, because we're not going to go through and clean the account for you. We expect people to follow the rules, and are not going to waste our time fixing the account if you do not. You can keep your own backups of your account, but we are not going to spend our time cleaning your files so we can provide one for you.

---
    Jamyn
    Network Security Division
    866-964-2867 (General Support)
    281-476-7801 (Abuse/Security Fax)
    PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x0AACB9D7

Your feedback is extremely important to us. Please rate this response at the URL below:
    https://tickets.hostgator.com/rateticket/8058508/367/1219194306/b2cf0439490375911e53eb01262048b7
    "

Extremely high ligh those word "We don't have time to go back and forth with you" (Even i just send them 2 email and it was very nice email asking why my account got suspended and can I remove them and get my account back)

"are not going to waste our time fixing the account" - "You can keep your own backups of your account, but we are not going to spend our time cleaning your files so we can provide one for you." -> When I'm asking if I can backup my file ....

What do you guys think about this kind of service .... If possible please tell other about their service so noone will get stuck with them and get suspended when the website get bigger

dungdenvn, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  17. Bohol

Bohol Peon

Best Answers:
    As what I understand from the email message of Hostgator, your site was suspended due to its content, which, according to Hostgator, is not legal.

Bohol, Aug 28, 2008 IP