1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you think Google Sucks?

Discussion in 'Google' started by bookworm-seo, Jan 10, 2007.

?

Do you think Google sucks?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2007.
  1. Yes, Google Sucks the sucky suck.

36 vote(s)
    31.9%
  2. No, Google rocks my world.

67 vote(s)
    59.3%
  3. I don't know.

10 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. thetafferboy83

thetafferboy83 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I rarely have to go past the first page of results for my answer, so I think the algos pretty damn hot.. Do you know an engine with a better one? Or do you mean your sites aren't ranking well :p

You can't blame Google for hackers...

I've always received personal responses within 2-3 days when I've needed it. tbh, there isn't much that isn't covered in their online help.

I guess I agree with you on that, but G seem pretty good at not giving it up without a fight. Plus, they don't have my whole search history - there's ways you can control that :)

thetafferboy83, Jan 25, 2007 IP
  2. ajsa52

ajsa52 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No: Best Search Engine, Best advertise system, and Cool Free Applications like Google Map.

ajsa52, Jan 25, 2007 IP
  3. bookworm-seo

bookworm-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    FYI: MY SITES ARE RANKING FINE IN GOOGLE. CHECK MY SEO BLOG FOR DETAILS (SIDEBAR). NOW CAN WE PLEASE MOVE ON?

Google mail definitely does suck. I keep winning the lottery every second day, and being offered some lost Nigerian uncle's fabulous inheritance every third day. Why don't they offer a simple exclusive filter the way hotmail does? And why does my hotmail never let ANY spam through (and only get a minimal amount of junk anyways)? It's because Google has over-expanded and their focus on search means their email sucks.
    So you don't need to delete anymore - big deal, anyone can give you dirt cheap storage.
    Besides, you guys ever seen the crappiness of content match in gmail? I get served such junk so often it's pathetic. THat definitely sucks.

bookworm-seo, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  4. commandos

commandos Notable Member

Best Answers:
    wow till now 33.33%

i cant believe a company offering all services for free is being hated so much !

i would work for google for free !

commandos, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  5. giovanni

giovanni Peon

Best Answers:
    i dont think google sucks, they are thye ones who make us money with pr...:D

giovanni, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  6. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i dont believe google suck . google search engine is like a human . it's allways chaning and developing

trichnosis, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  7. nicolas9510

nicolas9510 Peon

Best Answers:
    google doesn't suck at all. i am making money from them, not a lot but still.
    gooooo google !! :)

nicolas9510, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  8. andriusk

andriusk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Somewhy my situation is different as my GMail account is only one without spam, while both Hotmail and Yahoo! Mail are always filled with spam. I think that your situation is just because that you use GMail account more frequently registering everywhere, etc. while Hotmail account is not used so much.

andriusk, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  9. bookworm-seo

bookworm-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Possible explanation Andriusk. But hotmail's exclusive filter would kill your spam in an instant, and Google doesn't offer that.

And speaking of gmail, Big Brother Google just added a little yellow box above the login today: "New! Google services will now be more personalized with Google Accounts. Learn More". Yikes.

bookworm-seo, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  10. dotcompals

dotcompals Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No, i don't think so. Because it is constantly giving all of us innovative products and ideas for FREE. Everyone here can know how Google changed their life altogether. -- in one way or another . No other company has done anything like that, although yahoo! has the capacity, it didnt.//

dotcompals, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  11. seo germany

seo germany Peon

Best Answers:
    Although I do rank better on MSN and Yahoo for all of my domains, on average, most of my SE traffic is brought in by Google.

I also feel some kind of sympathy for Google's innovative spirit and great free services, that's why I like Google as a company quite a lot.

seo germany, Feb 2, 2007 IP
    dotcompals likes this.
  12. tkilgore

tkilgore Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think what makes a lot of a bit puzzeled with Google is the way they shut and turn on sites with no pattern ..I am personal getting a bit miffed with this proccess. You go from top 1 /2 in the searches..to NO were and then back.

So..I like what they do but.. do not like the process any more. :0)

tkilgore, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  13. qubodup

qubodup Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty surprised of so many pro-Google posts, especially with so many voting against them. To tell the truth, I think Google sucks, without knowing it, It's just a feeling and the fact that they are becoming a monopolist on many areas (maps, email, various apps... )

I don't quite know how all the info they store about every user gets (ab)used, but I can't trust someone who reads my mail without me writing to him (as I use gmail, this happens - I do this because I have nothing to hide, but I don't think being spied on is at all ok.)

What really gets me angry is the incest between all the google services, I don't want my mail account to be associated with my search results, with my google groups account, with whatever else is left.

Google really needs a competitor, but I am sure one is to pop up sooner or later, as google is no more a search machine but a mega-soft-and-info-corp. A small, specialized group could crack this nut, as did google years ago.

By the way, there's a Google Group called "[​IMG] " which I hope will grow in time, check it out whydon'tcha? http://groups.google.com/group/google-sucks/

qubodup, Sep 25, 2007 IP