1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do You Think Google Analytics Give Accurate Results?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by AWS, May 16, 2010.

Over the number of years i have found that Google actually misses some genuine traffic and does not include it on your analytics page.

This is just a post really to see what others think about the true stats i personally think google is a bit misleading - but i cant grumble it is free.

Please give me your thoughts.....

AWS, May 16, 2010 IP
  2. edith hadiansyah

edith hadiansyah Active Member

Best Answers:
    i agree,.. thats why i need another tracking tool such awstats for another comparison.

edith hadiansyah, May 16, 2010 IP
  3. AWS

AWS Member

Best Answers:
    I know that google cuts out all the spiders and robots to try and leave you true stats but i dont think this works also awstats includes everything so i dont think this would be any good either lol

AWS, May 16, 2010 IP
  4. whitespparow

whitespparow Peon

Best Answers:
    i have not tried the other tracking tool except Google analytics so i can't judge correctly

whitespparow, May 16, 2010 IP
  5. joewins

joewins Member

Best Answers:
    My analytics stats seem to be in "general" agreement with awstats. Be sure to use a Filter to eliminate your own IP address also.

joewins, May 17, 2010 IP
  6. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No tool will ever be 100% 'accurate'.
    They use particular technologies to track particular things - first off you have to know what it they are recording - some packages record pageviews, some record hits to the server.
    Then , there's user behaviour that affects results - use of proxies, firewalls, deleting cookies, turning off javascript - they can all affect how a tracking package behaves.

magda, May 17, 2010 IP
  7. kumar2

kumar2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes i agree with you, but there is no other way to check the Analytics (Free Analytics), compare to other analytics, Google Analytics give the more information...!

kumar2, May 17, 2010 IP
  8. app789

app789 Peon

Best Answers:
    Use woopra.com, statcounter, AWstats in place of google analytics. well its good for me. I always use GA to know the status of my website.

app789, May 19, 2010 IP
  9. clbyodo

clbyodo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes,Google analytics gives very accurate results.

clbyodo, May 19, 2010 IP
  10. garyr_h

garyr_h Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Analytics uses javascript. This means most spiders aren't included because they don't read it. Also, it means anyone who doesn't have javascript enabled (or have something like noscript installed) they won't be counted.

Furthermore, Google Analytics is sometimes laggy or doesn't load all the way by the time your visitors leave the page. This will also cause inaccurate numbers.

garyr_h, May 24, 2010 IP
  11. erline

erline Peon

Best Answers:
    I think google analytics provides more in depth data when compared to other kind of data.

erline, May 26, 2010 IP
  12. Garona

Garona Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been so far very happy with Google analytics. It's quite accurate and very in depth. Other ones tend to only give you summaries and brief shallow looks into your website statistics in my limited experience.

Garona, May 27, 2010 IP
  13. adriani

adriani Peon

Best Answers:
    as far as i could see analytics tells me about anything i need to know about my traffic, apart from the visitors names :)). quite pleased by it.

adriani, May 28, 2010 IP
  14. trevHCS

trevHCS Peon

Best Answers:
    The newer Analytics code that they now default to (as of last week) should be a lot better at tracking quick page loads than the older code (not the urchin code). It seems to collect the stats data before the page loads and allows you to collect data into multiple profiles on the same connection but still allows the page to load quickly. Won't capture really quick page loads and page changes, but should be more accurate than most.

One thing that will change on a per stats basis is the number of unique visitors (or whatever the various stats call it) as that to a large degree is a guess. Analytics might be slightly better at guessing it especially if you have it on an exit page, but most other stuff should be pretty much the same. At least going by our server stats analysed by Analog and the Analytics stats compared.

Trev

trevHCS, May 28, 2010 IP
  15. josephwaldman1984

josephwaldman1984 Peon

Best Answers:
    well in my opinion tools are just tools so we can't belive in anyone out there ... but the best thing is take some of the best visitors data providers and then choose one whom ya think is best .. I use google cuz google is best in all :)

josephwaldman1984, May 28, 2010 IP
  16. erline

erline Peon

Best Answers:
    Other things to notice is that the data that comes from google analytics is somewhat very deep and you can learn things like what works and whats don't. This can help you with all your SEO needs or even Paid campaign for particular site or blogs of yours.

erline, May 28, 2010 IP
  17. absolutenewbie

absolutenewbie Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know google analytics misses out some good traffic records - I drive traffic to people's websites and my analytics state that the traffic is sent but google analytics miss out several impressions.

absolutenewbie, May 28, 2010 IP
  18. jadeslair

jadeslair Peon

Best Answers:
    Analtics is not perfect but I don't think that any are. I would not worry about it that much as long as it is pretty good. I normally ad quantcast so I can check demographic information about once a month.

jadeslair, May 28, 2010 IP
  19. gillcrist2

gillcrist2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for nice discussion

gillcrist2, May 28, 2010 IP
  20. khongwir

khongwir Peon

Best Answers:
    Use awstats a an additional traking tool. It consumes more bandwidth though.
    For the not too serious about the detailed traffic analysis, Google Analytics would work just fine.

khongwir, May 29, 2010 IP